WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mark Cuban - lost all respect in 1 sentence

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
In breaking news.. This shit is gonna get good. He’s an arrogant a-hole. Doubt he just rolls over.

View attachment 971536

Cuban either did or did not get prior permission to stop playing it.

If he did and the NBA reversed itself - its going to be really fun to watch.

If he didnt then he was rolling dice all along.

Reactions: DWC

Boat 405

Reaction score
As a kid that said the pledge of allegiance every morning Im with you on that part
Which is why when its being performed you STFU take off your hat and place you hand over your heart.

Thing is it was never applied universally, some things had it, others not.

I dont recall Tennis, or Golf doing it, bowling, or other organized sports. It always seemed a bit weird to me why here and not there.

History or lack there of is teaching otherwise these days unfortunately. Some folks get it and others don't. I remember every morning
Cuban said the NBA refuses to enforce the rule that players and coaches must stand for NA. So he decided not to start games with the NA so that they can’t kneel.

Genius if you ask me, since everyone refuses to do anything about it.

Funny how it’s twisted around like he’s a bad guy and anti American. Noone ever looks anything up or does any research, just break out the pitch forks. The fucking mob of hate is relentless. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you suggesting bad behavior in reaction to bad behavior? How about stopping the first problem so it doesn't evolve into something else?

STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM

Is that so hard? If you are a US Citizen and don't respect our Flag, our National Anthem, and laws, there are about 200 other countries you can go to.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
History or lack there of is teaching otherwise these days unfortunately. Some folks get it and others don't. I remember every morning

So are you suggesting bad behavior in reaction to bad behavior? How about stopping the first problem so it doesn't evolve into something else?

STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM

Is that so hard? If you are a US Citizen and don't respect our Flag, our National Anthem, and laws, there are about 200 other countries you can go to.

Not at all. If there’s no way to enforce standing, Cuban at least brought attention to it. Depending on the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement, Cuban may not have any power to enforce standing. I’d rather have no NA than see a bunch of spoiled brats kneeling to it.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Not at all. If there’s no way to enforce standing, Cuban at least brought attention to it. Depending on the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement, Cuban may not have any power to enforce standing. I’d rather have no NA than see a bunch of spoiled brats kneeling to it.

I agree its a catch 22. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line manners, commons sense, and patriotism is no considered a no no, and should be considered racist. While I would never want something like this to be "enforced" or "mandatory", it shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Another POShit I bet he loves that good old USA $$$$ fuck him 🤬

sirbob

Reaction score
Dallas played it at the game tonight.

NBA mandate- play the anthem!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Interesting points here . . . . play the anthem & the idea is that the idiots get the 'kneeling coverage' they're after ?, . . . take the national anthem away and they have nothing to kneel about ?. . . 'Out-Foxing them? . . . or kicking the proverbial can down the road while losing patriotism? . . . Hmmm, . . . I guess I'm of the 'Fuck 'em' school, and make the idiots stand and NO-KNEELING , LEAGUE RULE. You don't like it ? . . . go play in another league . . . but they (along with stupid people who watch sports) have already given these rock-heads too much leverage . . . should've never got to this point.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Interesting points here . . . . play the anthem & the idea is that the idiots get the 'kneeling coverage' they're after ?, . . . take the national anthem away and they have nothing to kneel about ?. . . 'Out-Foxing them? . . . or kicking the proverbial can down the road while losing patriotism? . . . Hmmm, . . . I guess I'm of the 'Fuck 'em' school, and make the idiots stand and NO-KNEELING , LEAGUE RULE. You don't like it ? . . . go play in another league . . . but they (along with stupid people who watch sports) have already given these rock-heads too much leverage . . . should've never got to this point.

In addition to flip flopping on Cuban, Adam Silver apparently refuses to enforce the no kneel rule, which puts the owners in a terrible position.

The League really shit the bed with this one.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Disrespect is rampant, and unfortunate. If you are at an event that plays it- respect it.

To follow onto your very popular answer to my question.

It seems to me that of the things our men died for a bunch of adults playing a game for money is about the lowest thing on the list.

I remember wondering why not sing/ play it in church before mass? (when I went) Freedom of religion is one of the big differences between us and many.

My right to go to the grocery store is a higher priority to me than watching a bunch of guys playing game, but I dont sing the anthem before I leave the house.

Certain 4 of July celebrations played it prior to fireworks, others didnt. Commisioning battleships, carriers, airshows, sure.

The first time I took my French Canadian wife to the boat drags, she asked me why it was played 1/3 of the way through the races before the top fuel boats, as all the racers were enjoying the same freedoms.

The random application of it here and not there was always a mystery to me.

Cdog

Reaction score
The guys been a libtard for a long time. I saw him in front of Ruby's diner in Laguna beach last spring. I was out front by the curb in the parking lot waiting on my kids and wife after lunch. He walked by about 3 feet from me and I said mark cuban. He heard me, made eye contact and saw I wasn't gushing over him, smile and nodded and moved on. He must wear a lot of make up on TV because he looks old AF in real life.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
The guys been a libtard for a long time. I saw him in front of Ruby's diner in Laguna beach last spring. I was out front by the curb in the parking lot waiting on my kids and wife after lunch. He walked by about 3 feet from me and I said mark cuban. He heard me, made eye contact and saw I wasn't gushing over him, smile and nodded and moved on. He must wear a lot of make up on TV because he looks old AF in real life.
That's funny . . . I can totally picture that.

Voodoo GT350

Reaction score
Cuban's a total douche! USA has been pretty good to him I would say? Let him go serve and then see if his spoiled ass improves his view of the flag! Can't believe I just wasted two minutes of my time commenting on one of these PC celebrities/rich person(s) or what have you.... There are so many "ordinary people" that work tirelessly to provide for their families, honest, respectful and true examples for others. Those are the people I show my respect to and wish we as a country placed in higher regard

WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LIVE IN SUCH AN AMAZING COUNTRY!

RCDave

Reaction score

I choose a different option entirely. The NBA is dead to me.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

B761B9A7-E27C-4458-B237-F028FB6E7FC5.jpeg

Cuban is a closet faggot.

DLC

Reaction score
Shoot after the all star game relocation, i won’t watch baseball either

I’m running out of sports to watch

petie6464

Reaction score
To show what brain dead ass holes these people are. . They want to condemn and denounce the country that has allowed then to gain so much.

Boycott and denounce any and all these bastards.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The majority here support mandatory forced patriotism.

A real patriot in my mind sees it differently by embracing the values of our nation and its constitution, one of those values is respecting the right to dissent. This is often hard to do when ones personal feeling in a matter have been insulted - like athletes kneeling.

The lessons of West Virginia dept of education vs. Barnett have already been forgotten.

Last edited:

ramos45

Reaction score
The majority here support mandatory forced patriotism.

A real patriot in my mind sees it differently by embracing the values of our nation and its constitution, one of those values is respecting the right to dissent. This is often hard to do when ones personal feeling a matter have been insulted like athletes kneeling.

The lessons of West Virginia dept of education vs. Barnett have already been forgotten.

You mentioned "the majority here".....let's not forget that like-minded individuals usually share with one another their opinions on what ever the subject matter is therefore, always sounding one-sided. Imagine if everyone posting pulled a 180 and went against the previous post or if there was no "consensus" there would be no context to what's being said only chaos. I'm sure you'll find similar in left-leaning forums but I'd much rather be on the side of what I consider logical sense.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You mentioned "the majority here".....let's not forget that like-minded individuals usually share with one another their opinions on what ever the subject matter is therefore, always sounding one-sided. Imagine if everyone posting pulled a 180 and went against the previous post or if there was no "consensus" there would be no context to what's being said only chaos. I'm sure you'll find similar in left-leaning forums but I'd much rather be on the side of what I consider logical sense.

Agreed.... birds of a feather in any forum.

I find I'm usually with the group here at above the Pareto ratio, but every now and then I am a contrarian.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Corporate greed is one thing.
These corporate political manifestos can eat a bag of dicks.
And I find the 80/20 rule usually only applies to my tool box and my wallet in my world lol.