WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Marker Light Trim Ring Mods

shunter2005

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of refurbishing my trailer this winter. In the last year or so, I re-did all the lights and converted to led. Now I have to take them all out, along with the wiring so the trailer can be powder coated. While doing this, I thought it would be sweet to put SS trim rings around all the flush mounted small rectangular amber/red marker lights.
TRIM RING 1.jpg

So, I ordered the correct grommets for this model trim ring, and enough trim rings to do all the marker lights. I already knew that these trim rings would not fit the new "Spyder" leds, but they would fit the standard marker light. Seems that the "Spyder" led is about 1/4" wider and an 1/8" longer than the original style light. I had decided to use a rotary tool and enlarge the cutout.
MARKER LIGHTS 1.jpg

Here is a pic of the underside of the trim ring with the area that needs to be cut out to allow the new style light to fit.
TRIM RING 2.jpg

So, my question to the machinists, etc out there: Is there a way to open up the center area of this SS ring that will look decent? I used a rotary tool on the one above and got it to finally fit, but it looks pretty butchered.

If there is not a good way to do it, I can live with only the grommets on there, just thought it would be nice to put some nice trim rings on it when I put it back together.

beaverfab

Reaction score
Sure just use a milling machine and cut the shape you want, how many pieces do you have?

shunter2005

Reaction score
Thanks. I have 7 pieces ordered. I do have a friend that I may be able to call and see if he can do it for me. If not, I will look around for a shop that might do it. Most of the shops here doing most anything, don't want to take the time to do little stuff and I get it. Time is money...

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Thanks. I have 7 pieces ordered. I do have a friend that I may be able to call and see if he can do it for me. If not, I will look around for a shop that might do it. Most of the shops here doing most anything, don't want to take the time to do little stuff and I get it. Time is money...
Shoot me a link those may work when i paint my trailer gray.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Here you go.
https://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/small-rectangular-light-grommet-covers-p-50434.html

• GG80957 Fits GG80959 And Truck Lite 15702 Grommet
  • GG80956 Fits GG80955 And Small Rectangular Lights

There are two styles. If you have the flat 2 bar style grommet on your trailer, order this one (GG80957). If you have the open back style (which Extreme used on mine), order the other one (GG80956). I ordered all new grommets for mine. If your marker lights are the same size as the original lights on your trailer, they will work without any modifications. Hell, if I can't make these work, I will send mine to you. By the way, they had to order them from Grand General and the wait time was about a week for them to get them in stock, so they could ship them out.
Oh, and of course, after I ordered all my stuff, they go on sale for Black Friday!!!