WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Market crash game plan

EmpirE231

Reaction score
So is now the time to tap out a cash out refi and go heavy on student loan and credit card debt?

market tanks, Trump does not get re-elected. The Bern comes into office and rolls out crazy social policy that forgives all these mean unfair capitalistic debts anyway = we all profit?

asking for a friend 🤔

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
So is now the time to tap out a cash out refi and go heavy on student loan and credit card debt?

market tanks, Trump does not get re-elected. The Bern comes into office and rolls out crazy social policy that forgives all these mean unfair capitalistic debts anyway = we all profit?

asking for a friend 🤔

I would do all of the above while hosting Chinese exchange students.

Tank

Reaction score
I'm kind'a hoping this whole kung flu scare is adjusting the market that we needed for the past two years. Not a recession, not a crash, just an adjustment / slight drop. It was over due. If this thing works out right, it'll adjust and level out. Market stays good, Trump reelected, keep on truckin'. 🤞🤞🤞

2Driver

Reaction score

asking for a friend 🤔

I’m sure If you have any net worth you will not be forgiven of student debt under their plan, along with forfeitpure of your social security. “ You saved up more than you need so we will give your SS check to someone who didn’t”.

If comrade Bernie finds his way into office, it will be gold and cash in mattress time.

I can’t recall who said, America will be conquered from an enemy within, not from an external enemy. Beleive it or not, it looks like we are at that crossroads.

CLA

Reaction score
I believe they will print more money IE: QE or drop rates lower to keep this rolling. Everything is built on credit.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I believe they will print more money IE: QE or drop rates lower to keep this rolling. Everything is built on credit.

I expect this to happen here very shortly IF the market continues shedding next week. If so, this will re-inflate everything for a short period and then the big hurt will come.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I’m sure If you have any net worth you will not be forgiven of student debt under their plan, along with forfeitpure of your social security. “ You saved up more than you need so we will give your SS check to someone who didn’t”.

If comrade Bernie finds his way into office, it will be gold and cash in mattress time.

I can’t recall who said, America will be conquered from an enemy within, not from an external enemy. Beleive it or not, it looks like we are at that crossroads.

IF the wacko gets in... I can definitely see real estate tanking (if it hasn't done so before then) that will be his time to shine and come in with some sort of debt forgiveness plan.

2Driver

Reaction score
IF the wacko gets in... I can definitely see real estate tanking (if it hasn't done so before then) that will be his time to shine and come in with some sort of debt forgiveness plan.

LOL Everything will tank except grey uniforms and companies that build sub-basic housing.

The only avenue that will be left for amassing wealth would be to get a job in government.

CLA

Reaction score
I expect this to happen here very shortly IF the market continues shedding next week. If so, this will re-inflate everything for a short period and then the big hurt will come.
Even if it bounces they will cut rates.

I have been researching the repo market deal for a few weeks. It's crazy what they are doing (the fed).

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If Bernie wins, it won't matter what you think you own. It will be taken for the people.

The thought of that Muppet looking commie freak pulling the strings scares the hell out of me...

Going to check supplies and inventory now...

If Bernie wins little he is promising is going to happen. Same thing with Trump. When it comes down to it, the president does not have a ton of power to affect change in a single term.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm kind'a hoping this whole kung flu scare is adjusting the market that we needed for the past two years. Not a recession, not a crash, just an adjustment / slight drop. It was over due. If this thing works out right, it'll adjust and level out. Market stays good, Trump reelected, keep on truckin'. 🤞🤞🤞

The market is where it is. Where it "should be" is not reality. That is why it is a market, not a set scale.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
If Bernie wins little he is promising is going to happen. Same thing with Trump. When it comes down to it, the president does not have a ton of power to affect change in a single term.

Nice edit!

if he wins, maybe I can get a "summer camp" too

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Nice edit!

if he wins, maybe I can get a "summer camp" too

Certainly he will push through a couple ill conceived ideas. The vast majority of his platform is a non starter just on its face. There are just north of 600 billionaires in the US. 3 of which are in the presidential race. 600 people are not going to fund even one of his dumb ideas.

Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I'm planning to refi and cashout shortly.

My rate is 4.2 and I have pmi.

Get that shit removed and lower rate and I'm good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

REALLY? From where I am viewing things, President Trump has done numerous things that were a Mess and everyone said could never be corrected. He overturning "O's" fuckups on a daily basis.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
REALLY? From where I am viewing things, President Trump has done numerous things that were a Mess and everyone said could never be corrected. He overturning "O's" fuckups on a daily basis.

Yes really. Trump is TRYING to do quite a bit. A lot is hung up in the courts. People and states are filing suits and injunctions at every turn. The SAME thing will happen to Bernie, but he has EVEN LESS support from the Democrat party then Trump had in the Republican party.

So thinking that if Bernie gets elected the US will turn into a communist country in 4 years is hyperbole.

I could be wrong, but I have no doubt that Trump can beat Bernie in an election. With the momentum Bernie has at the moment, I think if he does not get the nomination, his supporters will simply sit out and wont support whoever the D candidate ends up being, especially if it turns out to be Bloomberg, who probably has the best chance against Trump.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this downturn is my fault. The wife and I have been pretty damn serious about building a new boat which would require a bank loan of some sort. Last time I did that the economy crashed a year later. I swore I'd never have a loan on a boat again....yet here we are. Might need to rethink this.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this downturn is my fault. The wife and I have been pretty damn serious about building a new boat which would require a bank loan of some sort. Last time I did that the economy crashed a year later. I swore I'd never have a loan on a boat again....yet here we are. Might need to rethink this.

I figured you had something to do with all of this. :)

Tank

Reaction score
The market is where it is. Where it "should be" is not reality. That is why it is a market, not a set scale.

I get that bit historically it either adjusts slightly every 10 years or adjusts HARD every 10 years or so. It’s been 13 years. Makes me nervous is all. I wasn’t a fan of 2007-09

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I get that bit historically it either adjusts slightly every 10 years or adjusts HARD every 10 years or so. It’s been 13 years. Makes me nervous is all. I wasn’t a fan of 2007-09

Yes but keep in mind the Market dropped 12% this week. That is pretty much the slight adjustment you asked for if it stabilizes next week (probably won't for the near term).

Keep in mind last week we were at record highs.

We are in a knee jerk reaction right now, no one knows what to do. We had a giant swing today from another 1000+ point loss to a 350 point loss.

The Dow dropped 22.6% in a day in October 1987.

As the total market gets larger, it is going to have larger swings, larger recoveries, and larger dips.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe some of these dumbasses will adjust the price of their used boats. Time for a big deflation on the used boat market. Looking forward to normal prices again.

That will be the first thing to drop when peeps start loosing yobs.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Wonder how the market will react to this

Screenshot_20200229-103350_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
After listening to Trump speak today I'd say hold on to your asses come Monday.:eek:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't have much to lose if the market tanks. I don't know what the socioeconomic breakdown of this site truly is. Obviously, we all have some sort of income we deem as expendable. That, or boats are a type of needed therapy...either way. If you lose a chunk, you adjust how you live, plain and simple. Primary focus should be survival. That differs from house to house. Be it food, bill money, even gas money, makes sure your basics are in check.

Those who weather the storm, will always come up quicker and stronger. You may have to shift focus from long term to short term for a bit. The long term does you no good, if the finish line is moved before you get there.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't have much to lose if the market tanks. I don't know what the socioeconomic breakdown of this site truly is. Obviously, we all have some sort of income we deem as expendable. That, or boats are a type of needed therapy...either way. If you lose a chunk, you adjust how you live, plain and simple. Primary focus should be survival. That differs from house to house. Be it food, bill money, even gas money, makes sure your basics are in check.

Those who weather the storm, will always come up quicker and stronger. You may have to shift focus from long term to short term for a bit. The long term does you no good, if the finish line is moved before you get there.

Unless you are retiring or cashing out tomorrow, it is/was imaginary money. Literally nothing real has happened yet. No one has lost a job because of economic slowdown from the virus. 95% of this is media hysteria. If this gets under control and fades away in a month or 2 everyone is gonna be working double time to refill the supply chain.

Your ad here

Reaction score

asking for a friend 🤔
Dont forget about the tattoos and flat bill hats!

CoolCruzin

Reaction score

asking for a friend 🤔
Best bet in this case
Stock up on ammo / food /medical supplies and shit paper because life will be getting bad

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Overheated stock market needed an adjustment. People buying all kinda stuff for way more than it's worth. Kung flu has the media trying desperately to pin crap, any crap, on Trump.
I watched the fear driving up gold finally. Bought heavily into the dip. Silver is cheaper now than when i bought 5 years ago. Seems like the Fed still hasn't learned, and will continue to print paper. In the last 10 years silver went from $13 to nearly $50 for a short time. I'm a patient man. Watching the silver to gold ratio is about all I have time for. I'll let my broker ride that ride for me.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Really? Please Name the ”numerous things that were a mess that he’s corrected“? It would be nice to see some facts instead of hearing ”we’re doing Many Marvelous things.”

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I increased my contributions to mutual funds on some automatic transfers that I have set up.

my wife says she is always buying stuff when it was on sale, (I don’t believe her:D) but I figured I should try to do the same thing.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Really? Please Name the ”numerous things that were a mess that he’s corrected“? It would be nice to see some facts instead of hearing ”we’re doing Many Marvelous things.”

WOW!! That shock was much worse than thought. I laugh when someome even questions all the accomplishments in his first term. I guess I will clue you in AFTER you tell me ONE just ONE thing other than Obama Care that POS did for this country.

Let's see went on a World Wide Apolgy Tour for AMERICA:mad:

Then stood infront of a group of successful business owners and tells them "YOU DID NOT BUILD THIS" someone else helped you.:mad:

Stating Industry would Never return to the USA to manufacture goods.:mad:

Then that POS that resided with him in "OUR" White House stating after he was Elected that "FOR THE FIRST TIME" I'm proud of this County.:mad:

Then she goes on to state later that every morning when getting up she "CRIES FOR ALL THE BLACK SLAVES" who built Our White House.:mad:

These are several things My President has NOT done.👍

I suggest that you turn off CNN, MSN, MSNBC, and several other excuse for a news channel.

I just love to tell "HATERS" like you to "SUCK IT UP" you have four more years of the first President that Walks the Talk.

Then you will have another Trump for at least 8 more.

😀

EmpirE231

Reaction score

lowered the corporate tax rate

removed the individual mandate for obamacare

reduced illegal immigration
just to name a few...

Back on track... will the market continue the shedding this week... or bounce back?

RCDave

Reaction score

2 supreme court justices
Many new conservative justices
Lower taxes
Rolled back just about all Obama regulations
Put the spotlight on the propaganda corrupt media
Rolled back many economically detrimental regs
Building the wall
Reduced illegal border crossings
Put big $$$ pressure on sanctuary cities

My criticisms include spending, budget deficits, and not killing obamacare

GRADS

Reaction score
WOW!! That shock was much worse than thought. I laugh when someome even questions all the accomplishments in his first term. I guess I will clue you in AFTER you tell me ONE just ONE thing other than Obama Care that POS did for this country.

Let's see went on a World Wide Apolgy Tour for AMERICA:mad:

Then stood infront of a group of successful business owners and tells them "YOU DID NOT BUILD THIS" someone else helped you.:mad:

Stating Industry would Never return to the USA to manufacture goods.:mad:

Then that POS that resided with him in "OUR" White House stating after he was Elected that "FOR THE FIRST TIME" I'm proud of this County.:mad:

Then she goes on to state later that every morning when getting up she "CRIES FOR ALL THE BLACK SLAVES" who built Our White House.:mad:

These are several things My President has NOT done.👍

I suggest that you turn off CNN, MSN, MSNBC, and several other excuse for a news channel.

I just love to tell "HATERS" like you to "SUCK IT UP" you have four more years of the first President that Walks the Talk.

Then you will have another Trump for at least 8 more.

😀
I think you answered his question....as in Trump has done nothing. Thanks for playing, here's your parting gift 🖕

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I think you answered his question....as in Trump has done nothing. Thanks for playing, here's your parting gift 🖕

DAMN, Grads. I have always kind of stuck up for you and have taken a "Rash" of shit for it. I guess I must admit to all the others in here how wrong I was about you. I always do Learn,sometimes just a bit slower than I would LIKE.

The Finger Gesture was a bit juvinile.

GRADS

Reaction score
We will definitely know more later today when Dow futures start.

GRADS

Reaction score
DAMN, Grads. I have always kind of stuck up for you and have taken a "Rash" of shit for it. I guess I must admit to all the others in here how wrong I was about you. I always do Learn,sometimes just a bit slower than I would LIKE.

The Finger Gesture was a bit juvinile.
Sorry LG but that shit you were spewing was pretty weak when High Voltage asked what Trump has done.