WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mass California Exodus

Singleton

Reaction score
Yep. My conversation vote and my wife’s conservative vote would be better served elsewhere.
Just can’t convince my wife to give up the beach and beach volleyball (she plays multiple times a week).

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yep. My conversation vote and my wife’s conservative vote would be better served elsewhere.
Just can’t convince my wife to give up the beach and beach volleyball (she plays multiple times a week).

Beach volleyball sure seems like a stretch to stay somewhere; especially a place like California. I guess if you have a house on the Strand in Manhattan I can understand, but if you even have to start your car for two minutes to get to somewhere to play, I would packing my bags and getting out of Cali.

I love to surf, but I just got in to other things when I left that shithole. I can XC ski in the morning before work, then ride bikes in the afternoon. We have one of the most famous lakes in the world literally 20min from our front door, some of the best hiking, skiing and outdoor sports in the world. There is a lot of places out there that offer something for everyone that isn't Cali.

Man, I get it. In general California weather is decent, there are some amazing beautiful parts but damn it is just more terrible than good. I don't know how anyone does it. As my father always says, there really wasn't a better place in the world to live than California in the 50s and early 60s.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
New poll: 74% of conservatives say “The weather isn’t THAT great”.

hahaha. :D

I lived in the best parts of California; Bishop, San Luis Obispo, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach. I wouldn't trade Nv weather for all the over cast days I dealt with. California weather is good sure, but that definitely isn't a reason to stay. I love hot dry summers and I hate to say it, the four seasons isn't bad here in Northern Nv either. I still miss Vegas and really consider that my home more than any place I have lived. I loved the heat!!!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My buddy just moved to idaho. He rented his truck out of Vegas because if was 3k more to rent it out of Cali. Too many trucks are leaving and not coming back.

Reactions: TPC

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
That's odd. I haven't seen so much work in the construction field in So Cal in a long time. New buildings, new T.I.'s, retro fit of existing buildings....We are so swamped right now we had to raise our profit %. MAGA...:D

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
That's odd. I haven't seen so much work in the construction field in So Cal in a long time. New buildings, new T.I.'s, retro fit of existing buildings....We are so swamped right now we had to raise our profit %. MAGA...:D
Yep. Sounds about right. The conservatives are leaving to make way for all of the illegal aliens and homeless flocking into CA. Just how you planned by voting D. Perfect.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yep. Sounds about right. The conservatives are leaving to make way for all of the illegal aliens and homeless flocking into CA. Just how you planned by voting D. Perfect.
So the homeless and illegals are leasing high $$$$ offices in the high rises in DTLA, Long Beach, Century City..... lol :D

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Both the wife's and my jobs are based here in California and would not be easy to find new comparable outside the state. Ca Ag is a little unique. I would be ready to move tomorrow if I could. I am optimistic about a promotion in the next few months and that would broaden my options some. Options for the wife are not in easy sight but are definitely on the horizon, we don't know if that will be with her current company or with someone new. There have been a few jokes about Nova Scotia or North Carolina floating around her work. That would be fun and interesting but really mess up my program.

Singleton

Reaction score
Beach volleyball sure seems like a stretch to stay somewhere; especially a place like California. I guess if you have a house on the Strand in Manhattan I can understand, but if you even have to start your car for two minutes to get to somewhere to play, I would packing my bags and getting out of Cali.

I love to surf, but I just got in to other things when I left that shithole. I can XC ski in the morning before work, then ride bikes in the afternoon. We have one of the most famous lakes in the world literally 20min from our front door, some of the best hiking, skiing and outdoor sports in the world. There is a lot of places out there that offer something for everyone that isn't Cali.

Man, I get it. In general California weather is decent, there are some amazing beautiful parts but damn it is just more terrible than good. I don't know how anyone does it. As my father always says, there really wasn't a better place in the world to live than California in the 50s and early 60s.

I get it. Carlsbad is still somewhat conservative, so we stay.
Every year we say it is time to move, due to the politics.
Some of my wife’s good girl friends are finally moving out of state, so I am hoping that pushes her over to finally saying ‘I am ready to move’.

TCHB

Reaction score
I always looked at my job first. I never turned down a promotion because of location. I came real close to going to India, Hawaii and Arlington Virginia for senior level positions. One of my old bosses just took over PGE the utility as President. I know location did not come into play. The compensation plan did get his attention.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If any disgruntled California residents who live at the beach want to set up an exchange program for a few weeks at a time call me... I will come stay at your house at the beach and play in the sand, and you can come stay at my house in Arizona and play with all my 30 rd mag ARs ... You can even conceal glock/sig that I will loan you if it makes the deal any sweeter for you.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I love CA, will probably live her for a while until I want to retire, then maybe move obviously because of housing prices. But until them its home and I love it.

I've always said, if you don't like it leave, you and everyone around you will be happier. :D

Performance Grips

Reaction score
So the homeless and illegals are leasing high $$$$ offices in the high rises in DTLA, Long Beach, Century City..... lol :D
No that would be mostly foriegn money. Chinese are still paying cash for everything.

rivergames

Reaction score
That's because we need to make room for more illegals!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Much of my family lives in Cali in Newport Beach. They wouldn't leave that place if you paid them 20million a year. They truly don't believe there is another place on the planet that exist that is as amazing as Newport. Granted, none of them have ever been anywhere else in their lives; nowhere. They were born and raised there.

They always joke around with me what I see in all this open country my wife always like to live in. They can't believe anyone in their right mind could live in Nevada. "It's just a big desert with nothing" they always say. Good, keep thinking that. :D

JD D05

Reaction score
Much of my family lives in Cali in Newport Beach. They wouldn't leave that place if you paid them 20million a year. They truly don't believe there is another place on the planet that exist that is as amazing as Newport. Granted, none of them have ever been anywhere else in their lives; nowhere. They were born and raised there.

They always joke around with me what I see in all this open country my wife always like to live in. They can't believe anyone in their right mind could live in Nevada. "It's just a big desert with nothing" they always say. Good, keep thinking that. :D

Newport is a decent place and I enjoy visiting but mostly for the restaurant OLA and the ribeye enchiladas.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Newport is a decent place and I enjoy visiting but mostly for the restaurant OLA and the ribeye enchiladas.

My wife and I are in Corona Del Mar a LOT. And every time we go, we can't wait to leave. The amount of people there just blows me away. I get so much anxiety and feel like I can't breathe.

JD D05

Reaction score
My wife and I are in Corona Del Mar a LOT. And every time we go, we can't wait to leave. The amount of people there just blows me away. I get so much anxiety and feel like I can't breathe.

Pretty much how I feel also. The only reason I go is because my girls do a cheer comp there every year.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I get it. Carlsbad is still somewhat conservative, so we stay.
Every year we say it is time to move, due to the politics.
Some of my wife’s good girl friends are finally moving out of state, so I am hoping that pushes her over to finally saying ‘I am ready to move’.

What locations are on your short list?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Buh-bye

ParkerRat

Livin the Dream
Reaction score
We moved from the beach in Oceanside to Rural Texas 2 years ago. It took us 4 years to make it happen but looking back now I would never go back. The weather in Ca is great but everything else is great here. ;) Almost everyone I talk to out here either moved here from Cali recently, or knows at least a few people who did. I have friends that moved out to Idaho and Tennessee and they say the same thing. everyone I talk to back in Cali seems like they are in the planning stages as well. Can’t see how this will end well for Ca with all the middleclass tax money leaving but who knows. The scary part is it is not just conservatives moving here and the liberals don’t seem to understand it was their votes that ruined the place they came from. Doesn’t bode well long term for the whole country in my opinion.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I for one am enjoying the traffic free afternoons with all the people leaving. Almost have the freeway to myself.

Singleton

Reaction score
What locations are on your short list?

Already looked in Texas, south of Austin - Dripping Springs or areas around Lake Travis (Southwest Area). Would allow boating on Travis and Lake Austin.

Also looking around Henderson, NV. My wife’s company might be moving their shared service center to Vegas from SoCal.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
B56211E7-2C5F-4AD6-9CE3-FA61B04ABDEE.jpeg
I for one am enjoying the traffic free afternoons with all the people leaving. Almost have the freeway to myself.
Traffic kind of sucks here today :rolleyes:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Already looked in Texas, south of Austin - Dripping Springs or areas around Lake Travis (Southwest Area). Would allow boating on Travis and Lake Austin.

Also looking around Henderson, NV. My wife’s company might be moving their shared service center to Vegas from SoCal.

I've looked at Henderson and Summerlin as well.

stoker

Reaction score

Rough Hollow by lake Travis looks like a really cool area.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
My girl was the same way. Born and raised a Cali mermaid beach bunny in Newport. Lived and breathed it. Defended it tooth and nail till recently. After seeing the accelerated degeneration of the state over the last few years, she's finally done with it. Very sad for me to watch her pain and saddens me as well. One of the most beautiful states on the planet ruined by retard politicians, the retards who vote them in, crushing taxes/regulations, illegals, over crowded beaches, garbage, urine stench, feces, needles, bums and junkies. She doesn't feel safe or have much fun there anymore and is now a full fledged river rat. We can go miles up the river and not see a soul and deal with crap like that. It's safe for children too. They don't need to see these kind of things much less live in and around it/ them. Illegals, bums and junkies don't do boats. Thank god for refuge and salvation.
It was a slow process, I nudged it a bit and let nature take it's course. Everybody has a breaking point. I feel your pain. Hang in there and Arizona always welcomes in kindred spirits!
BTW, sometimes some killer volleyball games go down on some our sandbars. Maybe not the same as sugar sand beaches but it is an option ;)

Last edited:

Magic Mike

Reaction score
My wife and I have lived in Ca. our entire lives, we can't wait to move to AZ. Our kids are in 6th and 10th grade, as soon as we get them in college we are out. Don't want to uproot them from friends etc.
Can't wait!!

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
We plan on moving in 3 to 5 I'llbe in my 50's, maybe get a double wide down in parker and call it good. Land is nice to have till your back is gone and you can't take care of it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I don’t get the love of SoCal.
I absolutely LOVED living in Anderson.
Shasta Lake, the northern coast, etc.
anything south of Williams I started getting the heebee jeebees.

I suppose it stems from 30 years in Alaska. Rural suited me better I guess.

CA is awesome. There’s no doubt about it. It’s also insane on many levels. This is a big Nation. I’ve been in every State and lived in at least a dozen of them.
Now I’m trying out AZ.

Reactions: C-2