WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mass shooting at a SXS rally in San Vicente (near Ensenada)

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
According to a lot of people it actually was all about one Mexican.. El Trebol I guess was the guys name..
Apparently he betrayed one cartel and went with another. Thought it was a game, never hid his location, Social media bragging, etc. Guess he wont do that again.

There were some innocents put to sleep though. That part sucks and a couple of those ladies I'm sure never saw that bad shit coming.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Who shows us in a good light? Almost no one abroad.
The three we haven't been to war with;)

Even the ones we have been to war with see a lot of the issues are caused by poor leadership. Not much of an issue with us, the common folk...but DC and NY seem to translate to "fuktardia" in about every language.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
At least the mass shootings in Mexico are mostly targeted attacks. Here you get crazy people shooting up malls and schools.
Both are targeted, just different people doing the targeting. The sicarios do it to gain favor in their cartels, maybe some fame. I don't know if it's much different to kill people for fame here, or worse. Innocent children are killed here, and if we have kids, we think about it differently than innocent kids caught in the crossfire in Mexico.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Both are targeted, just different people doing the targeting. The sicarios do it to gain favor in their cartels, maybe some fame. I don't know if it's much different to kill people for fame here, or worse. Innocent children are killed here, and if we have kids, we think about it differently than innocent kids caught in the crossfire in Mexico.
Sure there is collateral damage with the cartel killings but they aren't specifically targeting kids and nuns and shit.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sure there is collateral damage with the cartel killings but they aren't specifically targeting kids and nuns and shit.
Actually, sometimes they are. An entire class trip "disappeared" a few years back, A high school dirtbike trip was kidnapped last week. One resisted and was shot, died in the hospital. A few months back two priests were shot and killed in their church...nuns, haven't read anything about nuns lately. Mothers looking for their teenage kids? They die all the time.
Just because it isn't on the TV here, doesn't mean innocent people aren't dying elsewhere. The world is an ugly place unfortunately.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I dunno Dave. With your high search ranking on this site and all your personal info readily available here, I wouldnt be discussing any details and names about this. Just my thought.

I know more details. But I sure aint advertising it.

But I think I already know your response to this already😁

I’m not saying anything that they would care about.. nothing negative or positive just saying who it was which is literally everywhere on the internet and in the Mexican press right now.

Cdog

Reaction score
My wife and I have friends coming to visit us from Gothenburg Sweden. The only news they see about the US is about another mass shooting. Based on the news they see, they think there is a shooting almost everywhere, at all times in the US.

It’s interesting to see a foreigners perspective of the US. They look at the US, in the same way that many in this thread look at Mexico. Just some food for thought.

Our local news has reported that international tourism to Florida is effected by the mass shooting news, that is broadcast internationally.

I guess my point is, others look at us, the same way we look at the Mexico incident.
It's funny when I was in Germany watching the only news in English/BBC all they had on was white guilt save the 3rd world immigrants crap on. At the time N Africans were on makeshift boats cuban style trying to make it to Italy.

A week later in Italy and you see these out of place N Africans herding around the train stations like goats.

My wife's Euro counterpart comes to the US for trade shows and says the US looks a lot more white than what she see's on TV.

Kill your TV!

cofooter

Reaction score
I’m driving to bay of LA end of June for some fishing. Not even giving it a second thought. Just no night driving except maybe on the way back we are leaving before sunrise to beat the lines at Mexicali border crossing
Just put 5k miles on my truck from Colorado to Loreto and back with a lot of stops in between including BOLA mostly by myself. Going through Mexicali and avoiding Tijuana/Ensenada is smart. Never felt unsafe even when camping, most of the cars you see on Hwy 1 and 5 have US plates, haha. I would not think twice about it.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
There's East LA for those! No need to head South of the Border! 👍
Imperial and San Pedro used to be the best hands down, 64th and Central was a close second with handmade tortillas... Then the Lapdogs came in and started harassing the truck. 97 and Alameda is hard to beat if you are in the area. That truck has a hard location on Garfield just south of Imperial over in South Gate that is every bit as good as the street vendor version.

Speaking of street food... If any of you are traveling through 126th and Avalon Blvd, stop by that Mariscos Truck. You will not be disappointed. But fair warning, keep your head on a swivel and Magic Johnson Park can attract some interesting characters. 😂

gqchris

Reaction score
Imperial and San Pedro used to be the best hands down, 64th and Central was a close second with handmade tortillas... Then the Lapdogs came in and started harassing the truck. 97 and Alameda is hard to beat if you are in the area. That truck has a hard location on Garfield just south of Imperial over in South Gate that is every bit as good as the street vendor version.

Speaking of street food... If any of you are traveling through 126th and Avalon Blvd, stop by that Mariscos Truck. You will not be disappointed. But fair warning, keep your head on a swivel and Magic Johnson Park can attract some interesting characters. 😂
No need to travel that far, just come to Long Beach. There is a street vendor on every corner now. The city no longer goes after food vendors. I am not exaggerating, every corner in Downtown.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I read security briefs on Mehico occasionally... Fuck that place. Plenty of beautiful places right here in the states. But I do love me some authentic mexican style street tacos😂
Come hang out in Atascadero , tiny Hispanic population 12 Mexican restaurant in a 5 mile radius The know us gringos love Tacos 🌮🌮🌮🌮

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Those places are about the only thing I miss about working down there! Every street vendor down there is better than the "Mexican Food" we have out here:confused:
Then you add in the Century Fish Fry, Woody's or Brothers BBQ in Crenshaw...
It's a damn miracle I wasn't 400lbs!

FCT

Reaction score

“LAPDogs” 🤣

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Sorry for starting the other thread. I scanned a few pages and didn't see anything.

dunce.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It’s funny that we claim Mexicos government is corrupt like ours isn’t. The only difference is one is controlled by the drug lords and the other is controlled by the pharmaceutical lords.

… and the rest of Wall Street.

It’s quite an eye opener how many people have blinders on to our own government corruption reading through this thread but adds a little perspective to how we got to where we are today. 🙈🙉🙊

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Some people enjoy international travel and learn how to manage the risks and some don’t…

I’ve been to 20 some countries and love it. Wife and I are planning on driving through Mexico to Belize next year. Philippines is next after that.

I’ve had friends die from cancer, car accidents and other trauma. Life is short, spend your time however you want. Nobody is changing anyones mind about Mexico or any where else.

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We kept our family Pacifica sportfish at cruise port Marina in Ensenada for ten years. I would take the wife and kids there at least once a month. Never had a bad experience. So much to do and see, with great food at every turn. If the border crossing wasn't such a PITA, we would still be going there.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
We kept our family Pacifica sportfish at cruise port Marina in Ensenada for ten years. I would take the wife and kids there at least once a month. Never had a bad experience. So much to do and see, with great food at every turn. If the border crossing wasn't such a PITA, we would still be going there.

It’s an hour of processing every time we cross with the race car. An additional hour if you get dragged into secondary. Crossing is definitely a pain in the ass but you feel like you’ve won something once on the highway lol

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
It’s an hour of processing every time we cross with the race car. An additional hour if you get dragged into secondary. Crossing is definitely a pain in the ass but you feel like you’ve won something once on the highway lol
When I raced Score, Cruise Port would let us setup up team pits inside the security gates which is basically across the street from the start finish line.

IMG_20171114_133521621.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
When I raced Score, Cruise Port would let us setup up team pits inside the security gates which is basically across the street from the start finish line.

View attachment 1233481

Ya we’re about on that same plan here soon. This last time we were only about third through processing early in the morning. By the time we left immigration there were probably 20 teams and chase rigs backed up kicking rocks.

C-Lo

Reaction score
With a population of 628,127, Memphis has a crime rate that is 237% higher than the national average. Memphis has 7,913 crimes per 100,000 people, with an exceptionally high violent crime rate. In 2022, there were 15,318 incidents of violent crime, including 289 counts of murder, 2,134 counts of robbery, and 12,484 incidents of assault. Making it the most dangerous city in the US

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
With a population of 628,127, Memphis has a crime rate that is 237% higher than the national average. Memphis has 7,913 crimes per 100,000 people, with an exceptionally high violent crime rate. In 2022, there were 15,318 incidents of violent crime, including 289 counts of murder, 2,134 counts of robbery, and 12,484 incidents of assault. Making it the most dangerous city in the US
When driving to car shows some 20 years ago, pulled the rig over in Memphis. Me and my buddy needed fuel, and thought, "why not?" Pulled into the gas station, cashier was in a fish bowl, people were eye-ballin' us. Cashier looks me up and down, and says, "put in a few gallons, and get back on the freeway. Nice truckstop 5 miles down."
Thank you sir! Had enough in the tanks, dropped the hammer and left.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Interesting connection here... Was at the skin doctor yesterday and the male nurse who I've known now for about 10 years got a call from his family who was at that spot when the "rally" pulled in. Two of his motorcycles were riddled with bullets after the whole thing was done. He had to drive down and pick them up as the registered owner, and the "police" down there were trying to sell it as two Narcos arguing over the dead guys actions that day at the rally. There were still bullets and fragments in and around his bike and they told him not to worry about, it was a targeted shooting and nobody needs those bullets for evidence.😂.

Interesting family story with that guy. Apparently over ten years ago one of his brothers was killed by the Narcos local to the town he lived in. Fast forward to about 3 years ago and his other brother was down there doing some vigilantly type shit hunting the Narcos that killed his brother, and he got killed. Small world.