WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Massive fire in Cave Creek

2Driver

Reaction score
Wind driven dry brush fire moving through residential Cave Creek. Many homes going up.

803E7F04-DCF6-4EDF-9A1B-003888BD0752.jpeg
61ED377B-A41E-4C3C-8E45-9B64BB9E7719.jpeg
2095BCC6-B25A-4B54-AE17-24CB237EF7B7.jpeg

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have fears of this getting near you, let me know. I can be there in 10 if y'all need anything. Truck and utility trailer available.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
You are awesome.
It's still 3 miles out and heading north ( we are east) . Cave Creek from our back yard looks like the landing at Normandy. House after house going and some huge horse farms. .
DSC_7684.jpg

Reactions: DWC

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Multiple homes ablaze, residents evacuated in brush fire in Cave Creek

Multiple homes caught fire early Saturday afternoon as the result of a large, three-alarm brush fire in Cave Creek, according to the Phoenix Fire Department.

The fire, burning near 5500 East Ocotillo Road in Cave Creek, had already affected a number of residences and caused evacuations for others in the area. It had already burned an estimated 350 acres, according to Arizona State Forestry, which added that an air attack on the fire had been launched.

Phoenix Fire said in a tweet that multiple crews were assisting firefighters "from numerous jurisdictions."

An evacuation center was established at Cactus Shadows High School and representatives from American Red Cross were on scene to assist those affected by the fire.

Link to map: https://goo.gl/maps/z5PCCTRKrE7BADdJ6

www.azcentral.com

Multiple homes ablaze, residents evacuated in brush fire in Cave Creek
The brush fire had already burned an estimated 350 acres, according to Arizona State Forestry.
www.azcentral.com
www.azcentral.com

#Obamagate

wallnutz

Reaction score
If you have fears of this getting near you, let me know. I can be there in 10 if y'all need anything. Truck and utility trailer available.

I'm not sure you could make it up there. Roads are closed and tons of traffic. I am headed up that way because I have a friend fairly close and he wants to get some stuff out. I will let you know how it goes.
He is on stand by evacuation, he said the fire is moving away but the swirling winds have embers going everywhere.

wallnutz

Reaction score
So it’s bad, quite a few buildings burned. I can’t get to my buddies house but he is good. Lots of looky loo’s up here. I have another friend in Rancho Manana Ranch, he is pretty close too. Spur Cross Rd is closed as is others going North. Cave Creek Rd is open all the way through town.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So it’s bad, quite a few buildings burned. I can’t get to my buddies house but he is good. Lots of looky loo’s up here. I have another friend in Rancho Manana Ranch, he is pretty close too. Spur Cross Rd is closed as is others going North. Cave Creek Rd is open all the way through town.
Thank you for the update. The wind is gnarley right now [emoji852][emoji852][emoji852]

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Dam that sucks. Lot of beautiful houses/ranches out that way. Most people I know are south and east of that area.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
;(

I went down to the PO and talked to a guy evac. He had no idea about his house but said he talked to his neighbor that was trying to put out his house on fire with a garden hose ;(. I asked if he needed anything and the answer was no. Just a waiting deal at that point.

you and the wife ok Mark? You guys were closer than me. I was ready to hook up the 5th wheel and just got a few things in order.

seems like its going to be a bad summer ;(

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Did the wind stop up there? I’m at 56th st and Bell and it was blowing here a few hours ago. I’m sure that didn’t help. It’s calm now.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Did the wind stop up there? I’m at 56th st and Bell and it was blowing here a few hours ago. I’m sure that didn’t help. It’s calm now.

just checked outside. Calm and no smoke smell. All good

707dog

Reaction score
yikes...looks like some beautiful homes hope everyone is ok

cakemoto

Reaction score
My bosses friend he grew up with lost there home. He is Auctioning off IA never been shot gun $25 a ticket 200 tickets being sold

2Driver

Reaction score
;(

you and the wife ok Mark? You guys were closer than me. I was ready to hook up the 5th wheel and just got a few things in order.

seems like its going to be a bad summer ;(

Yes thanks Tom, it’s still a couple miles from the house and It has settled down. If it got to us all of CC and Carefree would be gone. Our acreage is calf deep in grasses.

In the past 2 years Cave Creek has had an explosion of the invasive weed/brush called “globe camomile“. The woody weed gets about calf high then dies. It burns like a dead Xmas tree and there are fields of it in Cave Creek. People are relocating here and feel the need to remove natural plants and it just allows the Globe Camomile to take over.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yes thanks Tom, it’s still a couple miles from the house and It has settled down. If it got to us all of CC and Carefree would be gone. Our acreage is calf deep in grasses.

In the past 2 years Cave Creek has had an explosion of the invasive weed/brush called “globe camomile“. The woody weed gets about calf high then dies. It burns like a dead Xmas tree and there are fields of it in Cave Creek. People are relocating here and feel the need to remove natural plants and it just allows the Globe Camomile to take over.

Good info regarding the non-native weed. Looking at the aerials it appeared there was a lot of dirt between fuel sources, that answers my question. 👍

Singleton

Reaction score

my old hood. Grew up on 52nd st and Paradise Ln. Attended Horizon HS

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

i knew you guys were close and glad you are OK.

i know you guys have done what you can to clear stuff. I did a lot of the myself as well.we both know that if a fire runs through our areas more than likely it will be devastating.

i have heard about that plant and heard its bad.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Learning about others that have had their home insurance be non-renewable due to fire risks it begs to see how it might affect this area.
Still blows me away that companies that are in the risk biz are allowed to blow them off like that, I mean, that's what they do.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hopefully they put this down early today. Dont know the latest but they were hitting it heavy at 6A

Motor Boater

Reaction score
my old hood. Grew up on 52nd st and Paradise Ln. Attended Horizon HS

Small world. I’m at 52nd and Hartford so just 1000 years north of you Across Bell. Have lots of buddies that went to Horizon in the late 90’s. My wife grew up at 56th and cactus but went to Xavier

wallnutz

Reaction score
Small world. I’m at 52nd and Hartford so just 1000 years north of you Across Bell. Have lots of buddies that went to Horizon in the late 90’s. My wife grew up at 56th and cactus but went to Xavier
My wife graduated Horizon in’85