WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Master bath remodel question

scjohn

Reaction score
Gettin ready to remodel out master bath. We dont use the tub and would like to use the space for a big walk in shower. Does not having a tub in the Master bath devalue the property substantially or make the home more difficult to sell? We are not planning on moving anytime soon but dont want to make it difficult to resell if we do decide to sell.

Thanks,

John

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
This is simply my opinion...

Make the house the way YOU want to live.
When/if you sell, somebody is going to come in and change it to fit their needs anyway.

Hell, my house is 2500 sf, with an additional 1100 sf garage. BUT, it's only 2 bed, 1-1/2 bath. It wouldn't work for everybody, but it works for us.

scjohn

Reaction score
Thats kinda the way I feel. Weve been here 14 years. The mortgage rate is super low and I dont really feel like moving and i doubt i will anytine soon.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Unless you go totally out there with your design, there would always be someone that can work with what you do. Not having a tub in the master can be looked past pretty easily as long as you have one somewhere else in the house.

None of this matters though if you arent looking to leave anytime soon. Bathrooms have a shelf life. You will probably use it up before you look to sell.

Good Luck with your decisions. Just always remember, Its your house!! Dont let someone talk you into something that you dont want. :cool:

DtB

Reaction score
Once again duct tape is right on. The only way your really hurting resale is if there's no tub in any bathroom, that would eliminate a buyer who had kids. With that being said make the house how you want it and enjoy it