WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Masters week, who are you rooting for?

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
It's coming up in a few weeks and there is a ton of speculation from the media.
What are your thoughts on a possible winner? Who are the top three guys you would like to see with a green jacket this year?

Reactions: DWC

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Favorite 3 players
Rickie Fowler
Jordan Speith
Phil Mickelson

If I had to put money on a winner ...
As of right now Rory Milroy.

TCHB

Reaction score
Just got back from watching the LPGA in Scottsdale. I do not know how they play so well!!!! It looks like magic.

Rory or Dustin should be up on top of the leader board.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
First and foremost, Rickie Fowler for his first major win...

Also, Tiger, Phil, Ernie, Kevin Kisner, and Xander Schauffle.

I will actively be rooting against Ian Poulter, Jon Rahm, andFreddie Couples.

JD D05

Reaction score
I would like to see Speith get back on track and nobody is better than him at Augusta. Would like to see Tiger win it also. I could see Bubba doing it again this year.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
First and foremost, Rickie Fowler for his first major win...

Also, Tiger, Phil, Ernie, Kevin Kisner, and Xander Schauffle.

I will actively be rooting against Ian Poulter, Jon Rahm, andFreddie Couples.
I'm rooting against Patrick Reed. He's an arrogant asshole.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I always root for Rickie, it would be nice for him. But there's so many great guys right now.

JD D05

Reaction score
I agree. He just goes for the fun time. I enjoy watching him when he makes the cut line.

Guy is so chill wearing flip flops and swinging easy...ya I hope he loses...

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
How can you root against Couples? He has no chance anyway...
I post on a golf message board, and some of the stories about Freddie's douchebaggery are mind boggling. I took the couple of the posters on that site at their word (one is a member at a club that hosted a pro-am that Freddie played in).

My opinion of Freddie was reinforced after watching his second interview on the Feherety show. I thought he came across as an ass when he was talking about how golfing while riding a cart isn't even real golf and how he did it in a pro am just to be "the bad guy."

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I always root for Rickie, it would be nice for him. But there's so many great guys right now.
Same here. It's tough for me after watching some of the new guys coming up on Feherty and finding out what makes them tick and where they came from. The last couple of episodes with Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau were really good! It's hard to root against someone that has worked their ass off and had so much going against them. Patrick Reed on the other hand still looked like an asshole during his interview. I'll never be a fan of his unless it's a Ryder cup event...

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Guy is so chill wearing flip flops and swinging easy...ya I hope he loses...
I do like his swing.

And we can all agree to disagree who we root for, but if you're interested I can pm you a link to a thread with several stories about what an ass he could be at times.

Trevino's notorious for being nice to the camera, and an ass in real life, but for some reason I like him (he's a lot funnier than Freddie I know that).

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I do like his swing.

And we can all agree to disagree who we root for, but if you're interested I can pm you a link to a thread with several stories about what an ass he could be at times.

Trevino's notorious for being nice to the camera, and an ass in real life, but for some reason I like him (he's a lot funnier than Freddie I know that).
Please do! I'd love to read it.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score

^^^This is why I love Kisner--pounds beers with his buddies before and during a.m. rounds. That video got him a suspension from that golf club (he's a member there).

Last edited:

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

^^^This is why I love Kisner--pounds beers with his buddies before and during am rounds. That video got him a suspension from that golf club (he's a member there).
That's cool. Thanks for the share.

JD D05

Reaction score
I post on a golf message board, and some of the stories about Freddie's douchebaggery are mind boggling. I took the couple of the posters on that site at their word (one is a member at a club that hosted a pro-am that Freddie played in).

My opinion of Freddie was reinforced after watching his second interview on the Feherety show. I thought he came across as an ass when he was talking about how golfing while riding a cart isn't even real golf and how he did it in a pro am just to be "the bad guy."

I have heard stuff about Phil I assume is similar. I dont form any opinions of anyone from anyone besides myself, especially from a forum.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I have heard stuff about Phil I assume is similar. I dont form any opinions of anyone from anyone besides myself, especially from a forum.
Hey, some of my best friends love Freddie. He, like Phil (and I'm well aware of the Phil and Tiger stories), has a huge following. I chose not to, and the stories are part of it.

Being a fan or not a fan of someone is not necessarily a rational thing.

Anyway, cheers... I'll be enjoying the Masters regardless of who wins.

JD D05

Reaction score
Hey, some of my best friends love Freddie. He, like Phil (and I'm well aware of the Phil and Tiger stories), has a huge following. I chose not to, and the stories are part of it.

Being a fan or not a fan of someone is not necessarily a rational thing.

Anyway, cheers... I'll be enjoying the Masters regardless of who wins.

Ya buddy the Masters delivers everytime.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Rickie, Bubba, Brooks, Jason (Day).
Good pics. It looks like there is a general consensus across the country that wants Rickie Fowler to win his first major. He was so damn close last year.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I do like his swing.

Stories of how the pros react are many and varied. In my many years I've been to many events and been present at courses when Tour Pros dropped by......

Freddy is laid back in person just like we see him on TV. He's a smart ass and his humor could often get misinterpreted. He was present at a local course his company designed and I ran in to him in a rest room. I said hello and he struck up a conversation to just shoot the shit. we talked a bit about classic Mustangs, then went our separate ways. He saw me leaving later on and waved. I was impressed with the guy on how own to earth he and genuine he treated me when he didn't have to.

My buddy and I attended the PGA in Atlanta and ran into Phil and Bones playing catch in an area off the parking lot. 2 guys having fun and they talked with us a bit as they threw the baseball back and forth. Key to these guys is to not interfere and push for an autograph. Just enjoy the moment......

Phil's generosity is legendary. He leaves big tips for all the back side locker room crews unlike noted cheapskates like Tiger.

Another guy that gets a bad wrap, is Curtis Strange. One year at the Shell Houston Woodlands event I ran into him slipping off to use the restroom after hitting his drive. Asked if I'd hold his driver that he hadn't dropped for his caddy in his rush to pee. Made a big joke about it and thanked me for keeping him from being seen taking his "war club" in for some counselling type comment. Saw him a couple years later at the same event and he took refuge from a cloudburst and lightening delay with several of us fans under a covered area behind a private residence. He fit right in and was just another guy waiting out the storm.

I've also seen some jerks out there that seem to carry their feelings on their shoulders. But the majority of my encounters have been positive. Show respect and you get respect.

DWC

Reaction score
Tiger, DJ, Rory and Furyk.
Tiger will need 3 great rounds because he’ll implode on one. DJ and Rory’s length can eat up that course if they’re on. Rory has the advantage with his draw vs Johnson’s fade. Furyk is playing great golf right now. It would be a great story.

JD D05

Reaction score
Tiger, DJ, Rory and Furyk.
Tiger will need 3 great rounds because he’ll implode on one. DJ and Rory’s length can eat up that course if they’re on. Rory has the advantage with his draw vs Johnson’s fade. Furyk is playing great golf right now. It would be a great story.

I don't ever want Rory to get the slam...hahahaha

Reactions: DWC

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Stories of how the pros react are many and varied. In my many years I've been to many events and been present at courses when Tour Pros dropped by......

Freddy is laid back in person just like we see him on TV. He's a smart ass and his humor could often get misinterpreted. He was present at a local course his company designed and I ran in to him in a rest room. I said hello and he struck up a conversation to just shoot the shit. we talked a bit about classic Mustangs, then went our separate ways. He saw me leaving later on and waved. I was impressed with the guy on how own to earth he and genuine he treated me when he didn't have to.

My buddy and I attended the PGA in Atlanta and ran into Phil and Bones playing catch in an area off the parking lot. 2 guys having fun and they talked with us a bit as they threw the baseball back and forth. Key to these guys is to not interfere and push for an autograph. Just enjoy the moment......

Phil's generosity is legendary. He leaves big tips for all the back side locker room crews unlike noted cheapskates like Tiger.

Another guy that gets a bad wrap, is Curtis Strange. One year at the Shell Houston Woodlands event I ran into him slipping off to use the restroom after hitting his drive. Asked if I'd hold his driver that he hadn't dropped for his caddy in his rush to pee. Made a big joke about it and thanked me for keeping him from being seen taking his "war club" in for some counselling type comment. Saw him a couple years later at the same event and he took refuge from a cloudburst and lightening delay with several of us fans under a covered area behind a private residence. He fit right in and was just another guy waiting out the storm.

I've also seen some jerks out there that seem to carry their feelings on their shoulders. But the majority of my encounters have been positive. Show respect and you get respect.
Great story! Years ago I was the youngest walking Marshall ever in the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic I believe I was 24. I have some really fond memories of walking around with Justin Leonard and all the Celebrities that played with him that week.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
I'd love to know Rickie is a member of RDP. Such a great guy, talented and hard working with his game. He definitely deserves it and I love that he has so much support here.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I'd love to know Rickie is a member of RDP. Such a great guy, talented and hard working with his game. He definitely deserves it and I love that he has so much support here.
Sponsors a motocross team. Thats all i need to be a fan.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Sponsors a motocross team. Thats all i need to be a fan.
His dad used to be a pretty big name in the motor cross world and so was Ricky in his very early life. It was constant injury that brought him to the golf world and a golf scholarship at Oklahoma State.

Singleton

Reaction score
My picks.
Flower - wife is good friends with his caddies mom
Phil - wears the KPMG hat. My dad was a global partner at KPMG for over 35yrs and had the opportunity to play a round with him when he retired. Still pissed I had a work conflict that required me to miss that round!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Got to look at the foreign players who are hot and likely to contend besides Rory. Tommy Fleetwood is overdue for a major. Rahm is ready. Paul Casey played well the past week and his game is on right now.

I'd love to see Tiger get another major and he's aiming at this one. Spieth and Phil would please me to no end. A DJ win is just a matter of time and has to be rated a high favorite.

And of course Rickie is overdue.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My buddy is there, said he’d get me something from the members-only store.

I have no idea what to even ask for.
Hat?
T-shirt?

Help me out here fellers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JD D05

Reaction score
Got to look at the foreign players who are hot and likely to contend besides Rory. Tommy Fleetwood is overdue for a major. Rahm is ready. Paul Casey played well the past week and his game is on right now.

I'd love to see Tiger get another major and he's aiming at this one. Spieth and Phil would please me to no end. A DJ win is just a matter of time and has to be rated a high favorite.

And of course Rickie is overdue.

Rahm is still to stupid. Did you see what he pulled a couple weeks ago?

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Definitely get a hat! I made my dad a shadow box for his on Father's day two years ago and he was so happy. A buddy of his that passed away 15 years ago got it for him at Agusta and it just sat in his closet collecting dust. It's in his living room now
KIMG1324.jpg
KIMG1324.jpg
KIMG1324.jpg
KIMG1324.jpg
KIMG1324.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
Fuck look at Sergio. His fit in the bunker while playing in Saudi Aribia was definitely unbecoming of a recent Masters champion.

That was hilarious. In my opinion that was a tantrum, Rahm does just dumb stuff...doesn't manage the course well.