WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mater Dei vs. Servite football

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Bally sports network.

anyone have knowledge of tuition to either school?

$30, $40k a year?

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Believe it was posted at very reasonable $17k

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Wasn’t Mater Dei just in the news for some really bad hazing accusations??

HBCraig

Reaction score
Bally sports network.

anyone have knowledge of tuition to either school?

$30, $40k a year?
MD is right at 20K

J Serra is about 22K

Was told by friends so I don't have the exact number. But, I will tell you, it's always fun to hammer the Trinity league schools.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
As long as we're hammering Mater Dei, my favorite game was 1993, Eisenhower and Mater Dei were both undefeated going into the final game at Anaheim stadium. All the Orange Co, sports writers were claiming Eisenhower didn't have a chance since they didn't play the quality teams of Mater Dei. Eisenhower had had a few squeakers that year and I was telling my buddy on the way down, I don't think my heart can take another close game. I don't really remember the scoring sequences, but needless to say we got our wish, Eisenhower's third string allowed a field goal in the fourth quarter to achieve a 56-3 win over Mater Dei.

nowski

Reaction score
MD is right at 20K

J Serra is about 22K

Was told by friends so I don't have the exact number. But, I will tell you, it's always fun to hammer the Trinity league schools.

At those prices the schools can afford to hand out a few academic scholarships...

TCHB

Reaction score
Yep the one kid went too far and the coach was slow in helping the injured. Let’s hope the smaller kid is ok.
The game was closer than I thought.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Mater dei has always been tough for Servite. The program has gotten a lot better since I left. When I was there we hadn't beat mater dei since 88. They beat them shortly after my class graduated and coach Toner left. The class below me had some serious talent. This game is always great to watch. They use to say it was oc oldest and biggest rivalry, I don't know if that's true or not.

Tuition? I didn't pay it. But, I do remember my dad always saying I cost more than my sisters college.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Man…I just read that article. MD is in trouble over this one. I dont think it can be swept aside.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Man…I just read that article. MD is in trouble over this one. I dont think it can be swept aside.
They will pay and the behavior will continue. Both schools have very similar traditions. From the hut drill, to the locker room Traditions. It's not a mater dei specific thing. They just got caught. Sounds like this one went too far and someone should have stepped in.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

That was quick. :) Why would we sweep aside felony assault?

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
They will pay and the behavior will continue. Both schools have very similar traditions. From the hut drill, to the locker room Traditions. It's not a mater dei specific thing. They just got caught. Sounds like this one went too far and someone should have stepped in.
100%

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What are you talking about....what was quick and who is we?

It was felony assault, why would or should it be swept under the rug? Throw the book at the kid and the enablers.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
It was felony assault, why would or should it be swept under the rug? Throw the book at the kid and the enablers.
I wouldn't sweep it under the rug but you can bet believe MD will try to. Based on that article they are already attempting to do that.