WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mattress advice, ready for a new one.

wash11

Reaction score
We did Tempur-Pedic for years followed by a pretty spendy hybrid pillow top/memory foam. We loved the new mattress but after a few years it's losing its feel and we're tossing and turning too much these days.
I get that a good mattress isn't cheap, was hoping to get some real world feedback before letting loose of some hard earned money.

white tortilla

Reaction score
Tuft and needle on Amazon. Delivered to your door for free. Very comfortable and priced well. Also I think they have them at Lowe’s.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
We had a Tempur-Pedic for years and replaced it with a Purple about 9 months ago. Went with their cheapest Cal King at $1500. Yhey have some hybird ones that run in the $2700 range. So far we both like it.

Zed

Reaction score
Sleep Number I8. Main reasons; adjustable pressure so each side can be different and great quality lasts a long time.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I’ve got a king 13” split 100% Talalay latex mattress that my wife and I love.

You customize the layers according to the way each of you sleep and weigh

USMC2010

Reaction score
Years ago we wanted a tempur pedic but it was something like 4000+. Found a sealy optimum that felt the same for 2k. Currently I'm on a 800 dollar memory foam mattress for the last year, don't know the brand by memory but was bought local in Havasu that feels about the same as my sealy did. A quality mattress is important as we spend about 1/3rd of our lives on it but I am finding lower cost options with the same benefits as overpriced ones.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Wife an I have Tuft and Needle mattresses. They are pretty good. Had to put 2” topper on because they are too firm to sleep on on my side. We bought our sons Nectar mattresses and they are absolutely amazing. Probably going to switch when I find a deal.

USClb41

Reaction score
went through this a couple years ago, went with sleep number, love it.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We're on a Serta memory foam which we like, but even then there are a few choices.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
We have had our sleep by number for over 10 years, worth every penny.

Joker

Reaction score
We bought an organic mattress months ago and love it. Research the garbage that’s in a mattress and how bad the used metals for springs are for you.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have had my Sleep Number for 20 years. Still an incredible mattress, as it doesn't wear out like a traditional mattress.

My wife wanted to ditch it for a Tempur-Pedic about 10 years ago when they were all the rage. Then everyone started replacing them 5-6 years later. Glad I didn't let her talk me into replacing our sleep number.

Sent From Tapatalk

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Bought a Novaform 14" from Costco 1 1/2 years ago and I'm not that happy with it, side sleeper, and I'm getting shoulder pain already had to turn it as it was getting a dip in it. Been looking at the DreamCloud, reviews look good but not sure what will be next. Not willing to throw 5k plus at a mattress.

Ladsm

Reaction score
My friend used to own a mattress factory so I always had the newest style. The last one I got was an inner coil spring, multi layer foam with memory pillow top. So far not too much sagging and sleeps great. They key is to get good inner coil springs so the foam doesnt break down as quick

Meaney77

Reaction score
After spending thousand of dollars multiple times over the years buying what we thought was the top of the line mattress that dipped after a few months of owning them, we ended up going the cheaper route and purchased a 14" Cal King memory foam mattress off of Amazon for a few hundred bucks and couldn't be happier.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
After spending thousand of dollars multiple times over the years buying what we thought was the top of the line mattress that dipped after a few months of owning them, we ended up going the cheaper route and purchased a 14" Cal King memory foam mattress off of Amazon for a few hundred bucks and couldn't be happier.
How did you get rid of the old mattress. If you buy from a store they usually will take it. Not sure how it works going thru Amazon or Costco.

Meaney77

Reaction score
How did you get rid of the old mattress. If you buy from a store they usually will take it. Not sure how it works going thru Amazon or Costco.
We ended up giving it to a friend... You are right, its a PIA to get rid of a mattress these days, you cant donate them anymore.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I was able to sell a mattress and box spring during covid. It was a guest room setup and hardly used.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Our local landfill has a section/area designated just for mattress.... and it’s free to dump it.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Custom Comfort Mattress
In the OC .... only place I have bought a mattress in 30 years... entire mattress inventory in Cali and Havasu is from them... when friends spend the night... they always say where did you get that mattress - it’s sssoooo comfortable.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We recently purchased from Mill's Brothers on Mesquite in LHC. CA King, Very Firm, made in Phoenix area, 2K delivered and they took away the old one. Wanted to give our business to a locally owned and operated store.

sfury

Reaction score
Custom Comfort Mattress
In the OC .... only place I have bought a mattress in 30 years... entire mattress inventory in Cali and Havasu is from them... when friends spend the night... they always say where did you get that mattress - it’s sssoooo comfortable.

^
This. The owner Mel has a vacation home in Havasu too. Maybe he can hook you up?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
We did a Serta split Cal King the split is great when watching TV or that since I'm a back sleeper I have the head portion elevated, makes my back feel better in the morning. BUT if you guys are still sexually active, beware! That stupid split becomes a gap and knees, shoulders, and feet end up getting stuck in there or cramps ensue from legs being bent in odd unnatural angles. If your kids have moved out use one of their beds for givin' Mamma the business and the one in your bedroom for sleeping. Then nobody has to worry about sleeping the wet spot......unless your kids show up unexpectedly.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Costco currently has them in Stock. Need to buy another one for the river pad. Bought 2 from there already and they are nice. My other 1 was Costco when they had Stearns and Foster available in store. Its the best mattress out of 4 I sleep on.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I bought this in 2018, best bed I have EVER slept on. The least expensive as well.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m still happy with my 14” thick $300 foam mattress from Amazon. It’s going on 4 years old and my fat ass seems to have put a bit of a dent in it, but I still sleep like a baby.

This. Best Price Mattress on Amazon. If you like it softer, go 12” or 10”.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

If it is foam-

sawzall, truckbed, dumpster.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I'm 6'5" 270 lbs ex jock with spinal/ neck issues so always looking for better scenarios. I bought one of these high end models 3 years ago... very happy. Delivers to your door in a box vacuum sealed.... I took scissors to my cal king bag and stepped out of the way as that thing uncoiled in perfection. Recommend you go to a showroom if any near ya buddy.

Nest Bedding | Buy Mattress Online, Mattress Company, Bedding Sale – Nest Bedding®

DanG

Reaction score
Bought a Novaform 14" from Costco 1 1/2 years ago and I'm not that happy with it, side sleeper, and I'm getting shoulder pain already had to turn it as it was getting a dip in it. Been looking at the DreamCloud, reviews look good but not sure what will be next. Not willing to throw 5k plus at a mattress.

Be sure and take your mattress back to Costco, they will take it. Have actually done it twice (didn't learn the first time). We had the first Cal King a couple of years and was sagging pretty bad....I thought, I'm going to ask customer service if there is any type of warranty...Next time in Costco I proceeded to the customer service desk and asked the nice lady if she could tell me when I purchased it and if it had a manufacturer warranty. She looked it up and to my surprise, it had been closer to 4 years. She then tells me "It's Costco, warranty doesn't matter. If your not happy with it for any reason, you can return it for a refund". Within 30 minutes I was back with the mattress and got a full refund. According to my wife, this is one of those most embarrassing moments as your giant mattress is carted around the store and you know all the shit that's gone down on it...lol. Anyway, the second mattress started sagging after about a year so I returned it as well. Needless to say, the wife made me go at it alone the second time...lol.

Now to the original question, I have had really good luck with a local guy (inland empire) that works for a high end mattress company and has connections for mattresses of the same quality but without the label for less than half the price. I prefer what they call a "Comfort or Euro Top", which is kinda like a pillow top but more firm and I believe they are 15". We like a really firm mattress. As mentioned, it is all about the quality of the inner springs. I have actually now replaced most of the mattresses between our two homes with this style mattress.

endobear

Reaction score
No help to OP but we bought a very high end Denver Mattress about 12 years ago. The Vail. Now the Telluride.
Had a 10 year warranty. Full replacement if it got a crater over 2". At 5 years it got a decent crater from my fatness. Took a picture with a tape measure and level. Week later. New Mattress got delivered.
At the 9 year 10 month. Repeat.
Bitchen Mattress. Even with a small crater on my side. Best $3800 I've ever spent.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
We did Tempur-Pedic for years followed by a pretty spendy hybrid pillow top/memory foam. We loved the new mattress but after a few years it's losing its feel and we're tossing and turning too much these days.
I get that a good mattress isn't cheap, was hoping to get some real world feedback before letting loose of some hard earned money.

Is the timing of the boobs and the new mattress a coincidence? Sorry couldn’t resist.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Anyone have any input on Casper?

I've been hearing the hype and commercials for years, and they make them sound amazing but its so hard to buy something you damn near spend 1/3 of your life on just relying on a commercial

jetur

Reaction score
Tuft and Needle. Buy the extra topper. Takes about two months to break in. I can sleep through the night again.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
We have a Tempurpedic firm that is twenty + yrs. old. still has no appreciable indents or sag and is the most comfortable best I've had the pleasure of sleeping/playing on.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
We have a Tempurpedic firm that is twenty + yrs. old. still has no appreciable indents or sag and is the most comfortable best I've had the pleasure of sleeping/playing on.
Our TP was pushing 15 years and started to sleep hot. Our new Purple doesn't sleep hot at all.

shunter2005

Reaction score
Refitted our rental condo in '19 with Zinus mattresses. Bought off of Amazon before all the shit. We have slept on them a few times and they are pretty damn amazing. Nothing but compliments on them from customers. They even want to know where we bought them. 12" King foam is $411. I think I will replace my two year old Saativa with this mattress in the next few years.

shunter2005

Reaction score
We had a Tempur-Pedic for years and replaced it with a Purple about 9 months ago. Went with their cheapest Cal King at $1500. Yhey have some hybird ones that run in the $2700 range. So far we both like it.
I looked at the Purple before the Saativa. Ordered a Purple pillow to test and that thing weighed about 50 lbs. How heavy are their mattresses? They got to weigh a ton. I did like that mattress though.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these Sealy Hybrids from RC Wiley. I’d never spent $2600 for Cal King, but I‘m a Duraflame (I sleep like a Hot Log) So What sold me was Silver Chill Tech. I checked out 6-8 different mattresses, It really dId feel colder than others, Probably the raised pattern allowing air? This site seemed to have a lot of good info, The video was informative but kinda long, and what he basically said was: This bed is costly, cool & hella fucking comfortable.

TX Foilhead

Reaction score
I looked at the Purple before the Saativa. Ordered a Purple pillow to test and that thing weighed about 50 lbs. How heavy are their mattresses? They got to weigh a ton. I did like that mattress though.
Got a Purple 3 Queen around Memorial Day, love the mattress, and it does weigh a ton. if it was any bigger I couldn’t have moved it alone. Got 2 pillows and sheets in the deal. I like the heavy pillow after I gave it a 2in memory foam lift, wife didn’t like hers and switched to their cheaper pillow. Love the strechy sheets, they are cool in the summer, and warm up in the winter time with an extra blanket on top of the comforter.

D19

Reaction score
We have the Jerome’s Gel top at home and it’s very comfortable. They used to make one before the model we have and it’s way better my friend has them at his river house, they are so comfortable.

We have one of those mattresses that ships to you rolled up at our river house and I sleep very well on it. I’ll have to take a picture of the tag next time up there I don’t remember where we got it. I like it better than the one at home.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
The grid of the Purple works well to help keep it breathable/cool to sleep on and that sold us.

1612027898284.png

dominicparker

Reaction score
Got a Purple 3 Queen around Memorial Day, love the mattress, and it does weigh a ton. if it was any bigger I couldn’t have moved it alone. Got 2 pillows and sheets in the deal. I like the heavy pillow after I gave it a 2in memory foam lift, wife didn’t like hers and switched to their cheaper pillow. Love the strechy sheets, they are cool in the summer, and warm up in the winter time with an extra blanket on top of the comforter.
these are best futon mattress reviews, I was looking for new mattress and now i am thinking to have this mattress.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
What did you get?