WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mavic 2 Air

Lumpy

Reaction score
Anyone have one these? Just pulled the trigger on one this morning.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Not sure what the Mavic 2 is but I've got two friends with Mavics. They each bought them maybe a year ago when initial popularity soared. Very fun and the video quality is super. Unfortunately, my friend brought his first one on my boat to film whales and dolphin, etc.... he tried to land it into his off hand as he held controls in one hand... something went wrong, might have been the landing sensor but next thing I know it veered down and to one side hitting the side of my boat and into the channel it went. He dove in after it losing expensive sunglasses as well as the Mavic. Sad day but the good news is his loving lady friend bought him a new one.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Be sure to take all the time needed to get very proficient with it. Here on the OC coast I hear lots of folks get them stuck in trees a lot. My buddy in Maui gets videos hat are crazy.... he flies it up a mountain behind his home over protected land and those videos are so clear. I was standing next to him here in Corona Del Mar on our cliff as he flew it down the side and out over the ocean. I lost sight of it and then his tracking went blank for maybe 15 seconds when it was near the cliff.... screen went black.... then came back on. GPS glitch I guess. It was fine but scared the shit out of him thinking he'd flown into the cliff. Take all the time you need before flying around obstructions and power lines.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Just bought the Mavic Mini today. It's 249 grams so isn't subject to the FAA rules as a drone. Have a Phantom 4, never an issue crashing or losing it.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I have the Mavic Pro also. Lots of fun and it takes some great photos and videos that you would not get without it.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Another with the Mavic Pro, it's such a cool little toy with a lot more capibilities than I have skill but I'm learning.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Not sure what the Mavic 2 is but I've got two friends with Mavics. They each bought them maybe a year ago when initial popularity soared. Very fun and the video quality is super. Unfortunately, my friend brought his first one on my boat to film whales and dolphin, etc.... he tried to land it into his off hand as he held controls in one hand... something went wrong, might have been the landing sensor but next thing I know it veered down and to one side hitting the side of my boat and into the channel it went. He dove in after it losing expensive sunglasses as well as the Mavic. Sad day but the good news is his loving lady friend bought him a new one.
I have a Mavic Pro and had the same problem trying to take off and land on the boat. It actually took off on it's own one time and I managed to stop the motors. All I kept getting were interference signals and could not fly. One time I managed to take off and then it spun out of control when it landed on deck.
Thinking of selling the mavic and just keep the phantom on the boat. Losing interest in the drone world
Ended up buying a used Phanton 3 advanced which i know worked fine while filming whales.
For me the newer models got more complicated and not as much fun to fly. Now with even more possible restrictions with the new remote ID where they track you is ridiculous.
This is a video from the P3A,

Lumpy

Reaction score
I have a Mavic Pro and had the same problem trying to take off and land on the boat. It actually took off on it's own one time and I managed to stop the motors. All I kept getting were interference signals and could not fly. One time I managed to take off and then it spun out of control when it landed on deck.
Thinking of selling the mavic and just keep the phantom on the boat. Losing interest in the drone world
Ended up buying a used Phanton 3 advanced which i know worked fine while filming whales.
For me the newer models got more complicated and not as much fun to fly. Now with even more possible restrictions with the new remote ID where they track you is ridiculous.
That video is incredible!

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
I have a Mavic pro 2 and an Inspire 2. both are incredible and ive never had an issue with either. For the price the mavic pro 2 is unbeatable but i will say that the inspire 2 is just a whole new level of video but it is also 10x the price. I love the mavic pro for boating videos. I always get uneasy flying the inspire 2 over water

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Great video & music.... the Humpbacks are the most active whale species as I understand it. I've forwarded to my Maui based buddy... he needs to go get some fresh Humpback footage. They splash around the entire day off his front yard. Next you need to get the Blue whales video taped .... HUGE

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Here ya go.... largest creatures on our planet. Its my goal to come across one of these soon. Seems like all my boating friends have but me.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the Mavic Air and love it. I got it for the photography and video, but never knew how much I'd enjoy flying it. Pretty dang fun!

Just a tip: State Farm will insure a drone for $60 a year. You don't need to recover the drone to file a claim, unlike other protection plans. Perfect for someone like me who flies over the river, ocean, desert, etc and where it would be impossible to find.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I think the Mavic Air 2 looks like a winner for DJI. I have the Mavic Mini and I love it. I travel with it wherever I go, fits in my backpack no problem.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I've been kicking the idea around about picking up a drone for filming. I saw these and thought this might be the ticket.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I've been kicking the idea around about picking up a drone for filming. I saw these and thought this might be the ticket.
Give it some thought.... the two friends I have with them went through a honeymoon stage for around 3 months and seems like lately those drones are in a closet not getting much use, lol. Definitely look into buying 2nd hand would be my 2 cents.

gqchris

Reaction score
Give it some thought.... the two friends I have with them went through a honeymoon stage for around 3 months and seems like lately those drones are in a closet not getting much use, lol. Definitely look into buying 2nd hand would be my 2 cents.
Same Here, Mine sits in a case in the garage. Its too much of a pain to fire it up, apply updates, test etc etc.

I used to film a ton of footage then realized why? LOL..

I was spending more time "out of the moment" then I was enjoying the moment.

I actually registered mine with the FAA, But not with this tracking crap. Im out.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
i have the mavic 2 pro and it is badass! so much fun to fly!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I wanted to go Mavic just based off the reviews etc then bought a Spark from a board member here. I love it have an absolute blast flying it around. Had in gorge today.
59CFEE94-1523-4AB3-A0AA-C29CBE28283E.jpeg
52B9C6D0-6BBB-42BE-BF38-894564089C47.jpeg

ryanshaw07

Reaction score
I want to pic one up to take photos of my real estate listings and fly around to capture some of the amazing places we go. I don’t need the best, this is my first drone and will never become a professional. Any suggestions? I know nothing about these things.
Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I want to pic one up to take photos of my real estate listings and fly around to capture some of the amazing places we go. I don’t need the best, this is my first drone and will never become a professional. Any suggestions? I know nothing about these things.
Ryan

Going to put my Mavic Pro up for sale.
2 extra batteries and a case
Ended up with another drone so this one needs to go
Also have the Nvidea Sield tablet which has the mini hdmi port for aftermarket goggles
Would really like to make a package deal
Open to all offers while i search for current prices
dji.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m interested. I guess I’ll start looking at prices too

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Also have the Nvidea Sield tablet which has the mini hdmi port for aftermarket goggles
View attachment 888151
I have this one I have crashed a P4 and this one 😫😫😫

Boat 405

Reaction score
Looks like an Amazon renewed mavic pro with 2 batteries is $865. Just FYI

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
View attachment 888151
Where are you located and have you decided how much you want for it yet?

Jakeleft

Reaction score
I
DJI_0284.JPG
DJI_0037.JPG

This is some of the media i have been able to get from my mavic air gen 1 and i absolutely love it. they are super smart and pretty easy to fly once you get the hang of it and the new ones are only getting better

Attachments

• boat move clip.mp4
    48.1 MB

sintax

Reaction score
I wanted to go Mavic just based off the reviews etc then bought a Spark from a board member here. I love it have an absolute blast flying it around. Had in gorge today.
View attachment 876489 View attachment 876490

haha nice man!

glad to see you're getting some use out of that guy, and even in one of my favorite spots to post up in the gorge too!

Its funny, i've actually kind of regretted selling it a few times. I'll maybe pick one up again next year or something if i still

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
haha nice man!

glad to see you're getting some use out of that guy, and even in one of my favorite spots to post up in the gorge too!

Its funny, i've actually kind of regretted selling it a few times. I'll maybe pick one up again next year or something if i still

I may have to sell back to you than lol. I’ve been really thinking of upgrading just for the speed. But otherwise it’s a total blast and I’ve got a few hours already lol.
A4B5A9DA-9074-4582-85F3-758D47772154.png

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Ryan

You’ll really like them once you start using it. I use a DJI Mavic Pro 2 all the time.

FYI: if you plan on using it for your listings, you will need to get a drone license through the FAA, as it would then be classified as a “commercial drone” and not recreational.

Pretty easy to get, just takes a bunch of studying and then you need to go down and take the test.