WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Max Machine Worx Cavitation plate for bravo drive

Tank

Reaction score
Barrett put them on our boat. Did t ask him too, didn’t think I needed them. But I was totally impressed with them. To roll over on plane in the cig I’d have to tuck drives and drop a little tab (it weighs roughly 12k loaded). Then running in flat water I’d always have to drop a bit of tab to eliminate porpoise. Now, to get on plane I still tuck drives but I don’t touch tabs at all. Keep tabs in neutral position for planning AND running in smooth water. No porpoise jumps on plane. I’d say a lot of bang for the money. I don’t find it increased bow rise at all either. But like I said, she’s a heavy bitch.

Video running neutral tab drives kicked out a bit to loosen hull.

IMG_8543.jpeg
IMG_3284.jpeg
64065567405__F92C964C-3455-46B4-9594-691C1F452DBC.jpeg

In comparison. Here’s us running in the ocean against a swell without the plates with roughly same amount of positive drive trim. You can see the hop even in between the little swell launch.

On a side note, I see Michael (Springfield) post on the thread. 😞😞 I remember him calling me asking about putting one on his boat. He was a good dude. Miss BS’n with him.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Barrett put them on our boat. Did t ask him too, didn’t think I needed them. But I was totally impressed with them. To roll over on plane in the cig I’d have to tuck drives and drop a little tab (it weighs roughly 12k loaded). Then running in flat water I’d always have to drop a bit of tab to eliminate porpoise. Now, to get on plane I still tuck drives but I don’t touch tabs at all. Keep tabs in neutral position for planning AND running in smooth water. No porpoise jumps on plane. I’d say a lot of bang for the money. I don’t find it increased bow rise at all either. But like I said, she’s a heavy bitch.

Video running neutral tab drives kicked out a bit to loosen hull.

View attachment 1237552

View attachment 1237553 View attachment 1237554 View attachment 1237555

In comparison. Here’s us running in the ocean against a swell without the plates with roughly same amount of positive drive trim. You can see the hop even in between the little swell launch.

View attachment 1237558

On a side note, I see Michael (Springfield) post on the thread. 😞😞 I remember him calling me asking about putting one on his boat. He was a good dude. Miss BS’n with him.
Thank you for an honest reply and review. The videos really show what your talking about, thank you for posting those as well.

69hondo

Reaction score
I have original for my stock bravo lower. I will sell and its in havasu. Had to buy other model for my -2 lower. Great for getting on plane, mine isnt in the water at all when cruising at speed.
If nobody else is a head of me for it PM me what you want for it.

THE Cat Sass

Reaction score
I put them on my 28 Speedster with 600SCI's and they definitely helped get it on plane and dramatically reduced the blowout. I'd go with them again if I had a boat that blew out props on the flop.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Boat specs:
25' eliminator eagle 250
450ish hp
Imco drive currently with imco splash guard.
(According to river dave the cav plate should be a direct swap)

Typical boat loads:
Couple hundred pounds of camping gear in the nose. Plus adults dogs kids and more gear in the rear.

When not hauling gear its 2 adults 2 kids and 3 100# dogs.

Me towing the wife on her slalom ski.

I exclusively boat at lake Powell. Im just trying to improve my planing ability and Keep on plane in heavier chop when im loaded down. Ive got my best prop on the boat for loaded conditions that i have found.

I haven't heard anyone say anything really bad about these and was more or less curious if someone had a takeoff sitting around they want to sell.

Ill talk with max machine, i have an imco drive but cant find any numbers on it to identify and know exactly what i have. For reference in the video above by river dave, my upper is the same as that one.

So maybe it will work...
Let me know your experience with this as you have a similar setup to what I have and I’m thinking of asking Barrett to install one over winter for next year.

We have a WTOB so a bit of weight already in the nose from the furniture. We do a lot of waterskiing and getting the boat to pop up on plane as easy as possible with less rpm is better for the motor and the drive.

Our drive is an IMCO SCX upper and lower with a Merc Maximus prop.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Let me know your experience with this as you have a similar setup to what I have and I’m thinking of asking Barrett to install one over winter for next year.

We have a WTOB so a bit of weight already in the nose from the furniture. We do a lot of waterskiing and getting the boat to pop up on plane as easy as possible with less rpm is better for the motor and the drive.

Will do sir

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score

I would check with Max Machine before trying to put one on the SCX, they don’t have the lower cavation plate like a bravo drive. They only have the upper plate so they can accommodate -1 and -2 lowers

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I would check with Max Machine before trying to put one on the SCX, they don’t have the lower cavation plate like a bravo drive. They only have the upper plate so they can accommodate -1 and -2 lowers
I’ll let Barrett deal with it. If they say it won’t work for that drive then I’ll skip it.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
I’ll let Barrett deal with it. If they say it won’t work for that drive then I’ll skip it.
I’d like to hear what they say though, I have an SCX/SC as well and would like to reduce slip numbers across the range.

bocco

Reaction score
Do these have any effect on bow steer at idle speeds?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Based on you guys claiming it helps get on plane quicker, I would assume it may help while pulling a tube. I try to pull kids around 20 and I keep falling off plane. It's a bitch trying to maintain the speed without coming off plane

Think it would be beneficial in this case?

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Based on you guys claiming it helps get on plane quicker, I would assume it may help while pulling a tube. I try to pull kids around 20 and I keep falling off plane. It's a bitch trying to maintain the speed without coming off plane

As far as i can tell it would absolutely benefit you. its inherit design reduces cavitation which causes prop slip which is a loss of traction. So... In my very super simple stupid mind this would 100% beneficial too you.

But remember my mind is super stupid and simple, so there is that.

Tank

Reaction score

Yes

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’d like to hear what they say though, I have an SCX/SC as well and would like to reduce slip numbers across the range.
Absolutely works with the SC lower. I know MMW makes two, the one with a notch for the standard lower and one for the notch on the upper when running an SC lower.
@RiverDave needs to get Aaron to log in and reply to these questions. It’s worth it’s weight in stainless definitely.