WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

McGuffie Cabin/ Mine

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Does any one ride out to the McGuffie Cabin/Mine? A little over a year ago my bother in Law bought the 40 acre McGuffie Claim that the cabin seat on.
Been there multiple times!!!
303D5AEB-609B-41B1-829C-F9AD0218969B.jpeg

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Does any one ride out to the McGuffie Cabin/Mine? A little over a year ago my bother in Law bought the 40 acre McGuffie Claim that the cabin seat on.

Sounds like a good place to go checkout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
North of Bigwater Ut there is a little cabin “ love shack “ it’s in good shape people go out and camp in it it has a wood stove in it 👍😎

DLC

Reaction score
It could use some curb appeal..... maybe a make over window, doors & paint and flooring

oh almost forgot walls, roof. Electrical plumbing and some AC

Just a few items other than that your good to go.....

AJ13

Reaction score
It could use some curb appeal..... maybe a make over window, doors & paint and flooring

oh almost forgot walls, roof. Electrical plumbing and some AC

Just a few items other than that your good to go.....
It needs a ton of work. He just camps when he goes out there.

Reactions: DLC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I wouldn’t change it because of the history behind it. I would do what it takes to be structurally sound tho

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Go spend the night in it and see if it’s Haunted 😫😉😎

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Interesting. I've been to a number of cabins in Death Valley but I won't sleep in them due to mouse poop / hantavirus...

If it's a remote cabin do you worry about people coming by damaging it when you're not there?

Several types of hantaviruses can cause hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. They are carried by several types of rodents, particularly the deer mouse. You become infected primarily by breathing air infected with hantaviruses that are shed in rodent urine and droppings.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
It's listed as McGuffie Cabin 2.5?

AJ13

Reaction score
I wouldn’t change it because of the history behind it. I would do what it takes to be structurally sound tho
That is what he wants to do. He wants to make it structurally sound. He was camping out there a few weeks ago and some people walked in to camp and asked if he could help becuase there buddy's bike broke down. My Brother in law ended up driving him all the way back to Havasu with the guys bike on the back of his Jeep.

AJ13

Reaction score
Interesting. I've been to a number of cabins in Death Valley but I won't sleep in them due to mouse poop / hantavirus...

If it's a remote cabin do you worry about people coming by damaging it when you're not there?

Several types of hantaviruses can cause hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. They are carried by several types of rodents, particularly the deer mouse. You become infected primarily by breathing air infected with hantaviruses that are shed in rodent urine and droppings.
He says its really remote. Most of the people are on side by sides he said.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You guys will be shocked. He bought the 40 acre claim that cabin is on for 7K.

wow! That surprises me, and doesn't at the same time. Does he own the waterfall and petroglyph area too?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
He says its really remote. Most of the people are on side by sides he said.
Yep I’ve been there 4 times and by the looks of it it’s not heavily travelled like the ones near havasu. The reason is if coming from havasu it’s a full day 190 miles to do it. And get gas for the return trip. We were there 2 weeks ago and it was in great shape and didn’t need much.

AJ13

Reaction score
Yep I’ve been there 4 times and by the looks of it it’s not heavily travelled like the ones near havasu. The reason is if coming from havasu it’s a full day 190 miles to do it. And get gas for the return trip. We were there 2 weeks ago and it was in great shape and didn’t need much.
He said its a long ways out there. When he bought it the person said it was close to Havasu. LOL he likes it better being that far out there because it keeps traffic down.

AJ13

Reaction score
I was gonna ask.. that is a GREAT DEAL!!
He bought it off Ebay. He was looking for a Gold Claim that was warmer in the winter because his other claims are in North NV.

Reactions: DWC

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
So he bought the claim. Doesn't own the land? Just has to have an assay done once a year to prove he's working it?

AJ13

Reaction score

Taboma

Reaction score
It will have to show him this. Not sure if he has seen this yet.

I found it really interesting. When I read of the original discovers of these mines, I'm in awe, how they seem to know where to dig and grit and tenacity to work the claim in that hostile environment. Tough, really tough folks. 👍 👍 👍

lenmann

Reaction score
I enjoy reading the history on some of these mining claims. This one on this McGuffie (AKA Sally Ann) mine is from the late 50's, do take care if you're dinking around out there, they had some old cyanide ponds, they describe some wildlife deaths after they sipped a bit of the bad water. :oops:

Dude, this was a fascinating read. At times you can almost feel the excitement at the prospect of new investment, a big strike, and then the despair of potential unfulfilled.

Does every mining claim have this kind of historical record?

Taboma

Reaction score
Dude, this was a fascinating read. At times you can almost feel the excitement at the prospect of new investment, a big strike, and then the despair of potential unfulfilled.

Does every mining claim have this kind of historical record?

I'm not sure all, especially if it never produced. Mining in AZ is a big deal and they keep a lot of records. You can spend a lot of time on the internet reading about AZ mines.

Here's three sites you can grow old researching ;)

Water Romper

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why purchase this land? is the intent to work the mines or have your own desert playground? maybe turn it into a RV park like Quartzsite? As a weekend prospector, I totally eat this stuff up. Hard rock mining is an absolute bitch and the miners had to be tough as nails. Now that its your property, how do you keep yahoos away and prevent vandals or claim jumpers? Oh, and are you now liable if some fool falls in a shaft or drinks the bad water? Post more pictures, I will probably never make it there but I can still have fun reading and watching.