WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

McMaster-Carr Catalog

SoCalDave

Reaction score
That time of year again and I have a free NIB catalog for the first inmate to claim it. Just PM me your address and it'll be in the mail.

15802340330387184501862822288168.jpg

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Dave. just so you know, those things sell for a $75.00 a copy on Ebay. I have a fairly large collection that I may cash out someday.

JBS

Reaction score
My new McMaster catalog and Grainger catalogs came on the same day coincidence no idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Dave. just so you know, those things sell for a $75.00 a copy on Ebay. I have a fairly large collection that I may cash out someday.
Yeah I've sold a few on there but the last few years thought what the hell it didn't cost me anything so why not pass it on to someone that can use it.
BTW, I order everything thing from them on-line.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Yeah I've sold a few on there but the last few years thought what the hell it didn't cost me anything so why not pass it on to someone that can use it.
Yeah, like you I order almost every thing through their online catalog. It’s nice of you to offer the book for free.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Have you been to there warehouse in SF Springs. The company I work for started working there in the late 80's. I have watched that place grow from a small warehouse to a huge distribution center. Just checked our records. We have done 82 projects at MCM over the years. Some small and some big projects like the new 2 story office a few years ago. One of the cleanest places I have worked in. They treat their employees great.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Got ours yesterday , we always laugh at the fact the M/C still make and provide these in the digital world , cant imagine what the cost is , Josh says he doesn't use it (no search feature LOL)

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Why would the catalog be worth $75? Same content as www.mcmaster.com right?
In this digital world some like to actually feel the pages between their fingers. My MIL always got the LA Sunday times delivered to her door. One day my wife asked her why doesn't she subscribe to it on-line, her reply "I like to feel the pages flipping between my fingers".

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Have you been to there warehouse in SF Springs. The company I work for started working there in the late 80's. I have watched that place grow from a small warehouse to a huge distribution center. Just checked our records. We have done 82 projects at MCM over the years. Some small and some big projects like the new 2 story office a few years ago. One of the cleanest places I have worked in. They treat their employees great.
Yeah been going to McMaster since the early 80's, even before they were in the facility they are now. We purchase about $50k a year with them. :eek: Place an order in the morning and it's at our door that afternoon.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I hate trying to find a place to put them. I have enough shit with no place for. Started doing online about 10years ago and never opened the "book" since.

To easy to get specs on the items with CAD drawings. I am still amazed at all of the items they carry and that I can place an order at 4-5pm and have it the next day.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Why would the catalog be worth $75? Same content as www.mcmaster.com right?
Some people have nostalgia collections. I personally have just about every catalog from edition 80 thru present. Yes I use online most of the time but if I need to look up something that they no longer carry (and my memory serves me well enough to remember the year I bought it) then they can be a nice reference.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Catalog layout is more important than the content IMO. I've been in the automotive industry all my life. Online catalogs are flat out fucking garbage...can't find a damn thing. Looking for info in an old paper book is way faster and more accurate. I will be buried with my MCM paper catalog.

Boat 405

Reaction score
The Delaney family that owns McMaster Carr are some of the nicest folks you’ll ever meet. I was at their house in San Diego last week doing a service call on their radiant floor system I installed a few years ago. We do about 20-30 k a year with McMaster and we get the book too. It’s nice but I use the online catalog.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Sometimes it’s really nice to flip through pages of the book but their website is also very good and easy to use. A big plus for me is that they also have CAD models available for just about everything they sell.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Some people have nostalgia collections. I personally have just about every catalog from edition 80 thru present. Yes I use online most of the time but if I need to look up something that they no longer carry (and my memory serves me well enough to remember the year I bought it) then they can be a nice reference.
Keep in mind your purchases (with same sign-in) are there for reference indefinitely...in reality I have turned into a digital junkie...