FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Water level still dropping weather has been ok
lanching is tuff at a few resorts and the bridge
is open now making the drive to Temple Bar real
nice.

milkmoney

Reaction score
ok i will post in here since i live close to mead. the lake imo is only good for a 2to 3 hour trip and thats it. not much fun out there for me.. :D

Raycer

Reaction score
Launching was a big problem for me this year. Once you get out was ok. Plenty of beaches now. With the bridge open I was thinking of towing to Willow Beach. I'll see in the spring.

DaveTic

Reaction score
Launching was a big problem for me this year. Once you get out was ok. Plenty of beaches now. With the bridge open I was thinking of towing to Willow Beach. I'll see in the spring.

I am thinking the same thing. Just a little concerned going up and down the road to Willow Beach.

Raycer

Reaction score
I have been to Willow before. Let your trailer brakes cool off before you launch.

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Was at Temple Bar last tuesday waters up a little bit they now have a real nice launch area Iam betting 5 wide seems deep The marina staff have been moving dirt around before it did come up should be a great summer with no launching problems. But dont tell anyone we like are quiet
resort

PVHCA

Reaction score
Was at Temple Bar last tuesday waters up a little bit they now have a real nice launch area Iam betting 5 wide seems deep The marina staff have been moving dirt around before it did come up should be a great summer with no launching problems. But dont tell anyone we like are quiet
resort

Depending on who you listen to the water is up 8-12FT and is suppose to come up to a total of 30ft by years end, that info came from a very reliable source.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Maan, I miss Temple Bar. My fam had a mobile home up there for years as I was growing up. I really need to get out there one of these days again with my kids. It's crazy to see the water level and think what it used to be like out there years ago. Shit, I remember years where they had to sandbag the store/restaurant/bar cuz the water was too high. Shit, you probably have to take a tram from the launch to the store now huh? :D

SchiadaDave32

Reaction score
Are you able to launch at Callville since the heavy rains/mud slides/floods that went through there a few months ago?

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Have not been over to callville for awhile maybe the vegas locals might
no if its ok to launch.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Have not been over to callville for awhile maybe the vegas locals might
no if its ok to launch.

NO problems at all. The new launch ramp has been functional for quite some time now and their even thinking of opening the old ramp up since the water is coming up again.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Are you able to launch at Callville since the heavy rains/mud slides/floods that went through there a few months ago?

Can hardly tell they had damage. Less buildings of course and maybe you can get lucky and find 3 brand new missing 3 seater Sea-Doos buried under the water and mud, LOL!!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Maan, I miss Temple Bar. My fam had a mobile home up there for years as I was growing up. I really need to get out there one of these days again with my kids. It's crazy to see the water level and think what it used to be like out there years ago. Shit, I remember years where they had to sandbag the store/restaurant/bar cuz the water was too high. Shit, you probably have to take a tram from the launch to the store now huh? :D

Last summer , pulled into Temple Bar , tied boat up , walked to end of dock and looked up at the walk and said : dam , that's a long hike ! But what I saw was the staff at the restaurant watching me with binoculars and sending a van down to pick us up , very nice !

SchiadaDave32

Reaction score
NO problems at all. The new launch ramp has been functional for quite some time now and their even thinking of opening the old ramp up since the water is coming up again.

Thanks for the info.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
TB staff monitors ch16 on the VHF and you can hail a shuttle ride from the dock very easily when you pull in off the lake. Great people out there (at least last time I was there a few years ago or so).

Raycer

Reaction score
I launched at Calville after the floods. They had already bluilt a new ramp on the right going down. New parking lot too.

Raycer

Reaction score
Talked to the the man at entrance to lake. He said the lake will be higher this year. Went by Boulder cove, they are still working out there. I wonder how they will get rid of the dam when they are done moving the dirt out of there??

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Last summer , pulled into Temple Bar , tied boat up , walked to end of dock and looked up at the walk and said : dam , that's a long hike ! But what I saw was the staff at the restaurant watching me with binoculars and sending a van down to pick us up , very nice !

there's a courtsey phone, you pick it up and the shuttle come for you..:thumbsup

wayno77

Reaction score
Lake Mead IS coming up ( 15') or so, and IT WILL BE A GOOD SUMMER. Launch ramps are looking great. USBR has a good website for water levels and 24 month outlook

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Lake Mead IS coming up ( 15') or so, and IT WILL BE A GOOD SUMMER. Launch ramps are looking great. USBR has a good website for water levels and 24 month outlook

that kida screws the drought theory

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

Hallett is having their regatta again this year , so this is great news !

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
How about posting up some pics of the water level , mainly Hemminway
launch ramp

Nordie

Reaction score
Here ya go

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1303162280634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1303162280634.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 378

PrimeCut

Reaction score

Sandbags were in '84, we found some great coves that year! Temple Bar is great, there is a shuttle that takes you to the store/ restaurant during business hours. Most of the time in summer, since we do most our boating over there, we just launch there, its only a hour from Henderson, less now since the bridge is open. We even bring the flatty over there on good forecasted weekends since the launch ramp is close to a bunch of great beaches

Heads Up

Reaction score
The lake is up a little. went out last friday. And it was calm as can be friday morning !

SKIA36

Reaction score
We and the gang will be out for all 3 days for the holiday weekend, weather permitting. Long Beach Roll Call:
Skia36 SR22, Nixon 44 Outerlimits, Rados 32 Spectra, Tanklage 40 Hallett and 34 Hallett, Shadrack 24 Hallett, Chumo 30 Hallett, Churchill 27 Hallett,

SKIA36

Reaction score
The lake is up a little. went out last friday. And it was calm as can be friday morning !

Sunday, 40mph gusts, saw 2 sunk boats at Burro pt and outside the Narrows...

Raycer

Reaction score
We and the gang will be out for all 3 days for the holiday weekend, weather permitting. Long Beach Roll Call:
Skia36 SR22, Nixon 44 Outerlimits, Rados 32 Spectra, Tanklage 40 Hallett and 34 Hallett, Shadrack 24 Hallett, Chumo 30 Hallett, Churchill 27 Hallett,

Im bias because I don't need to go out on weekends anymore, but Memorial weekend has always been a big bad adventure for me on Mead over the years. So Im staying home. But enjoy!

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
Ill be out in Ron Sr. 38 Cig. Knowing Ron its never too windy for the lake.

Raycer

Reaction score
Didn't go to the lake this weekend. Sat & Sun weather was real bad where I live in Henderson. Windy Sat., cold & windy Sun. Today was pretty good. Hope some got in one good day!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Going to Mead over father's Day weekend , how's launching at Hemminway ?
Is the angle getting better , or do you have to back way in still ?

spectra32bob

Reaction score
Launched my brother-in laws 32 spectra out of Hemminway and still had to bury the truck. I launched my boat also a 32 spectra at the reopened boulder launch ramp with no problems.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Hemingway is great for launching, if you back in off 'the point' of the ramp your truck tires won't even get wet.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Hemingway is great for launching, if you back in off 'the point' of the ramp your truck tires won't even get wet.

As your going downhill towards the water , which side ?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Was at mead this last weekend , launched at Heminnway , water was deep enough , Saturday was a little busy , they need a bigger dock , they are now charging to enter the area , please upgrade the facilities. Went all the way to the end of the lake , which is about 1 mile past Sand Point , you can see the muddy brown water there . The ride up and back was fantastic , no wind at all and absolutely gorgeous scenery !

Raycer

Reaction score
I have written to the Part Service about the docks. Basicially what you see is what we get. They do put money in improving things though. Last Nov. they dammed up Boulder Cove area and dug out a bunch of dirt to make it deeper. It is open now. Same dock though!!