WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mean as f&$@!!

Singleton

Reaction score
Saw RD post on FB.
RIP Sasha!
You were one of the good dog, Heart of a teddy bear and protector of those kids. RIP
Thoughts with @RiverDave, @RiverDiva and the kids!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Sorry for you and your family Dave. 2020 sucks

jadenchick

Reaction score
I’m so sorry for your loss. RIP Sasha. It’s just not fair they don’t live as long as us. I’m glad the treatments gave you a bit more time with her.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Really sorry about the loss of your dog...I’m sure if I were to get another dog I would be less miserable in my life but then if I were to lose that dog It would just bring back the misery...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I appreciate it guys.. I came home and noticed that she was laying kinda facing a wall in between two chairs.. She had her head on a folded up towel and I thought that was kinda weird because dogs typically always lay facing an entry or exit point. Any how she was breathing normal but was unable to pick her head up.
We comforted her and her breathing just slowed and when I told her it was ok she stopped.

I am very happy that she got to pass in her home with her family knowing how much we all loved her.

RCDave

Reaction score
So sorry Dave. Wish I could say something that made it better for you and family. The feelings experienced when losing a dog is inexplicable

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So sorry Dave. Wish I could say something that made it better for you and family. The feelings experienced when losing a dog is inexplicable

When I lost Neva it just about broke me as a person..

This is terribly sad, but again if it was gonna happen, it happened about as gracefully and with as much love as possible.

The kids, especially my youngest took it pretty hard the first day. That was also heart breaking. When the service came to pick her up my son and oldest daughter told them “You aren’t taking her.” My youngest pretty much never left her side.

3C736AD1-06DC-4E6F-AA91-4379BF5E48E3.jpeg

She was very much a part of our family and more than “a dog.” I’m pretty depressed about it, but as with everything we will press on.

HB2LHC

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this Dave Sasha was a good dog. Keep your chin up knowing you gave that dog the best life & family a dog could get. RIP Sasha girl. Vinnie

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your family’s loss.
RIP Sasha.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
And with that last picture...some people wonder why we care more about animals than humans at times. RIP Sasha.

Now time to find that onion someone dropped in here....:(

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Not just a lump in my throat, I'm flat crying.😭
I’ve got to admit my eyes were a little watery also as I sit out here on the boat with my old guy, what I fear may be his last summer.😢 damn dogs😢

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Your kids grew up with Sasha - she may be the only dog they've ever known which makes it super tough for you all.

Rest well knowing that you all and Sasha loved each other unconditionally and you both gave everything which is all you can hope for

Bails

Reaction score
sorry to hear this Dave. It's got to be tough on the kids. I had to put mine down last January. My boy still talks about her.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Sasha. Losing pets are hard, or as hard as losing people. My condolences goes out to you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heartbreaking. I am so sad for y'all. Rest in peace, Sasha.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
E4342627-F75C-4795-BDF8-FC3730B30AF9.jpeg

She used to watch the sunset most nights.. only dog I know that would do that all the time.. only time she wouldn’t is if it was too hot outside and I wouldn’t let her out (with her fur it would take hours to get her cooled back down)

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I am very sorry, Dave.
Your kids are just a little younger than our sons were when we lost Cody, our "left at the bottom of the Driveway" Lab/Shepard/Golden mix.
Your dog reminds me a lot of him. It was hell on Christopher, he loved that dog and was bonded to him...well like your children were to yours.
Us grown ups have been through it before, and while it hurts like hell, watching our children grieve is something that is just devistating, and there isn't anything we can do but hug them. Dogs are such an incredible gift, and while we know the day will come, and the grieving will be hell, we always seem to go back and find a new canine friend.
I think humans and dogs were just meant to be together.
You and your family will be in our thoughts. I just showed Cindy these pics and she turned away...tears forming...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am very sorry, Dave.
Your kids are just a little younger than our sons were when we lost Cody, our "left at the bottom of the Driveway" Lab/Shepard/Golden mix.
Your dog reminds me a lot of him. It was hell on Christopher, he loved that dog and was bonded to him...well like your children were to yours.
Us grown ups have been through it before, and while it hurts like hell, watching our children grieve is something that is just devistating, and there isn't anything we can do but hug them. Dogs are such an incredible gift, and while we know the day will come, and the grieving will be hell, we always seem to go back and find a new canine friend.
I think humans and dogs were just meant to be together.
You and your family will be in our thoughts. I just showed Cindy these pics and she turned away...tears forming...

Thx buddy.. most the reason I posted all the pics so I could reference them later.. emotionally it’s up and down.. mostly just empty inside and numb.. feel like somethings missing.

It’s the little shit like when I wake up to get out of bed for the last 9 years I gotta make sure I don’t step on the dog.. and now there isn’t even a dog bed there. Or waiting for her to bark when someone comes to the house etc..

I will say I never took for granted the security a large protective animal brings with them. I never used to lock the front door when I left because I figured “who the hell is gonna walk in there with that bear sitting in there barking at them.” Lol

back to the trusty cameras and guns for now..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thx buddy.. most the reason I posted all the pics so I could reference them later.. emotionally it’s up and down.. mostly just empty inside and numb.. feel like somethings missing.

It’s the little shit like when I wake up to get out of bed for the last 9 years I gotta make sure I don’t step on the dog.. and now there isn’t even a dog bed there. Or waiting for her to bark when someone comes to the house etc..

I will say I never took for granted the security a large protective animal brings with them. I never used to lock the front door when I left because I figured “who the hell is gonna walk in there with that bear sitting in there barking at them.” Lol

back to the trusty cameras and guns for now..

So sorry to read this. :(

SoCalDave

Reaction score
RD, looks like Sasha quite possibly had the best family a dog could have had without you not knowing her previous relationships. I'm sure she's looking down on the family right now and say "It'll be fine".
RIP Sasha.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Damn dude. What a bummer. I have put down 2 of my Goldens and my current golden is pushing 11. I can't go through this shit again

Sorry Dave. Never easy brother

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
You're a good man River Dave...You rescued her from a likely short stay at the pound, and gave her 9 years of a loving family to protect. I'm quite sure that job gave her immeasurable joy as she bonded deeply with your young family, and they, to her.....Give it a little while to pass and then let your kids have a "say so" about your next generous rescue effort... You're a good man River Dave, and remember, "All Dogs go to heaven"....
So sorry for your loss...
Ray

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Stacy keeps posting pics so I keep stealing em..

C71199F2-6C70-4168-909A-217965C64677.jpeg

Smooth Mvr

Reaction score
Looks like a Sasha to me or possibly a Tasha short for natasha, but I'm open to suggestions..

When I picked her up the guy said "we won't be needing this anymore". And handed me a small case. Inside was a tranquilizer gun and spots for 8 darts.. He said the two left would get me as far as Parker after that it's lead pipe time.. Told me to watch for the ears.. When they go up like a pyramid something bad is about to happen.

RD View attachment 180174
My vote is for " Valium "

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Outstanding photos. Those were sure HER kids. Special dogs like her are never forgotten.

Tank

Reaction score
Sorry Dave. Always sucks to lose a family member. She had a great life with you guys.