WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mean As $&:/! Take 2

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Stacy has been harassing me for another dog, so I put out the call.. I said what’s the meanest one ya got? They brought a Doberman... meh.. he didn’t have the crazy in the eyes that I like in a dog. What else ya got? The brought out a pit and said “Mr Johnson you really don’t want this dog.. literally just broke up a fight with him and another dog..”. The pit was tore up, so I said “well which dog did that?” “Mr. Johnson that dog isn’t available for adoption.”

I said well let’s just take a look at it? Out comes two guys with the dog on the extended polls fighting her every inch of the way.. Third guy with the tranquilizer gun in case she got loose..

I said “you guys are being a little dramatic for that little thing aren’t ya?” I could see the fear in their eyes..

I explained to them that my last dog ate chain link fences and shit out master locks.. and I got her the same way.

They looked confused on how you could train such an animal. I said don’t move I’ll be right back. Got the trusty lead pipe out of the truck.. one quick crack between the eyes and now we know who’s in charge..

It’s the pussification of America I tell ya.. nothing like a good junkyard mutt... once they know the rules of the road anyways..

Meet Sadie the new Johnson mutt.
1AB7EB71-254A-46EE-AD2F-23567A6D7034.jpeg
7CA4972E-D0DD-4667-9333-23F3E03011E2.jpeg
26B19097-3527-4F88-9ACC-55594DC0EC4D.jpeg
F9224589-23AF-4622-B2E7-447A53F4D82D.jpeg
135C7037-4234-4635-AB23-A849E75FFBE4.jpeg
67FAF84F-F62C-4CB0-BBA7-9D6296C13A8A.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Nice looking pooch ! she’s a nice catch!

I can’t believe you took the muzzle off her!

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Good looking dog, I can just see him tearing up a prime rib bone.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Congratulations Johnson family👍
Looks like the makings of a loyal companion, see some GS in her.
And lol! Doberman didn’t have the crazy in the eye look. 😂
Nope.
20ECD954-21B0-44D3-BE6F-F384ACAABBE8.png

Calm.
Cool.
Collected.😎

Dogs are mans best friend. There’s a reason for that saying. Some folks get it, some folks don’t.
Most want some purse size dog or mellow dog. It’s good there are people who want to give the chain link eating, mastelock shitting dogs a home. Someone has to?
There’s a size to fit all.

Dogs are cool. More so than some people.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
i had a doberman growing up. fully trained, cropped ears, the works. when i would walk her people would cross the street to the other side. she looked like she would kill you at any moment. but she was super sweet. she just had that "look"

now as far as dogs that WOULD kill you, a friend of mine had one of those hybrid dog wolf things. you'd be inside the house and it would be pacing back and forth in the backyard staring at you. it was scary as hell. especially when you'd go to play with it, most of the time it was yowling and barking like crazy.

i not gonna show my daughter this thread because shes got a soft spot for "germies." shes dying to get one. congrats on the new pup.

wings_of_eagles

Reaction score
Sadie , looks like she is very happy in her forever home, I would of loved to see their facial expression when you showed Sadie who is the alpha LOL.

They looked confused on how you could train such an animal. I said don’t move I’ll be right back. Got the trusty lead pipe out of the truck.. one quick crack between the eyes and now we know who’s in charge..

It’s the pussification of America I tell ya.. nothing like a good junkyard mutt... once they know the rules of the road anyways..

Meet Sadie the new Johnson mutt. View attachment 962263 View attachment 962264 View attachment 962265 View attachment 962266 View attachment 962267 View attachment 962268

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I was on a job site once .... Pit Bull tore into another dog .... everyone ran out to see WTF was going on .... pit was ‘locked’ & shaking a medium sized mutt ..... landscapers hitting it on the head w/ a shovel .... nothing ..... dude walks out with a broom ..... grabs the pit by the tail .... lifts it up and shoves the broom stick up it’s A$$ ..... YELP!!!!! .... fucker let-go right away !!!! Funniest shit I’ve ever seen !!!!

USMC2010

Reaction score
Funny story, good looking puppy, maybe she will like me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So for those that don’t get the joke.. obviously my old dog Sasha was a gentle giant. And this dog sure seemed to be pretty mellow, but she just growled at my son and snapped at my daughter..

crazy toy / food aggressive.. I’m not gonna invest the time to try and train it out of her.. which sucks because she’s already stuck at my side.. doesn’t show any of that towards me.

but fuck that she’s going back to doggy jail. I have too many kids in and out of those house daily to deal with any of that shit.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Bummer Dave. Both Sasha and your Pit before were great dogs.

Sent From Tapatalk

USMC2010

Reaction score
Want a dog? She’s incredibly smart and loving towards me, anyways.. sure it would be the same for someone without kids.
If I had a enclosed yard I would jump all over her. I can't right now, believe me I would.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If I had a enclosed yard I would jump all over her. I can't right now, believe me I would.

after fifteen minutes you won’t be able to peel her off your leg. Lol. Every time I get off the couch she is stuck to my side.

Bummed I gotta take her back. More bummed the humane society is closed until Monday. 😳

Reaction score
sorry to hear that. something may have happened to her when still a puppy. children can be cruel to animals. my two rescue's used hate teenagers on skateboards, and were abused as puppies before we got them.

USMC2010

Reaction score
after fifteen minutes you won’t be able to peel her off your leg. Lol. Every time I get off the couch she is stuck to my side.

Bummed I gotta take her back. More bummed the humane society is closed until Monday. 😳
Hopefully someone on here comes through over the weekend. It breaks me heart to hear she would have to go back there.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I was on a job site once .... Pit Bull tore into another dog .... everyone ran out to see WTF was going on .... pit was ‘locked’ & shaking a medium sized mutt ..... landscapers hitting it on the head w/ a shovel .... nothing ..... dude walks out with a broom ..... grabs the pit by the tail .... lifts it up and shoves the broom stick up it’s A$$ ..... YELP!!!!! .... fucker let-go right away !!!! Funniest shit I’ve ever seen !!!!
.... story gets funnier .... they got the pit put in the backyard & called animal control ..... so this little petite chick shows -up in the dog-catcher rig .... everyone says , “where’s your back-up”???? .... she says , “it’s just me”...... she pulls out this long fiberglass pole .... flips open the lid on the truck .... gets the noose around its neck and drags it out to the truck ..... she crouches down & uses her knee to ‘boat-flip’ the thing like an old-school tuna fisherman with a lift pole! ..... seriously launched the dog straight into the basket ..... fucker came un-glued & she slammed the lid on its head , took off her gloves & split. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen !!! 🤘🤘🤘

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Want a dog? She’s incredibly smart and loving towards me, anyways.. sure it would be the same for someone without kids.
It sucks but the kids aspect? You got to do what’s right for the family.
So? Doberman time?😇
As you know I’m a bit of a cheerleader for the breed, and could probably write a small novel here, lol. So I won’t.
On a last note. One thing about them I know you will appreciate. They are an of above average intelligence level to most dogs.
They can’t swim for shit due to no coat flotation and next to no fat bouncy, but they try like hell😂
B53A95E7-3AB8-4802-9384-BE2B74782A6E.png
06974E30-F13F-4B25-88B2-0503DD7EC2E1.png

PFD’s recomended😅

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
You’re absolutely doing the right thing. Each of your kids woke up this morning without scared faces. They deserve to stay that way. Growling and snapping . . . Done deal.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
We are looking for a german shepherd. Wrong town here to find 1. A good puppy id travell to Phoenix or Vegas

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It sucks but the kids aspect? You got to do what’s right for the family.
So? Doberman time?😇
As you know I’m a bit of a cheerleader for the breed, and could probably write a small novel here, lol. So I won’t.
On a last note. One thing about them I know you will appreciate. They are an of above average intelligence level to most dogs.
They can’t swim for shit due to no coat flotation and next to no fat bouncy, but they try like hell😂
View attachment 962307 View attachment 962308

PFD’s recomended😅

is that really what it is? My dobe couldn’t swim for shit but it was fun to watch. I miss him so much

Gelcoater

Reaction score
is that really what it is? My dobe couldn’t swim for shit but it was fun to watch. I miss him so much
I believe so?
That and a lack of a tail which operates as a rudder.
Now, that’s just been mine.
I’ve seen a few that are dock diving maniacs.
With no flotation devices.
Mine can’t swim for shit😂

nameisbond

Reaction score
Good call..................... growling and snapping at kids isn't good. The leap to biting isn't very far. Hopefully, someone here with no kids can take her.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Give the lead pipe to the kids and let them take a whack at her.

Bummed for Sadie. Dogs are the best, but just like humans their past can ruin them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Give the lead pipe to the kids and let them take a whack at her.

Bummed for Sadie. Dogs are the best, but just like humans their past can ruin them.

I thought about the tried and true method of making it happen again and making her understand once and for all where she’s at on the forum pole.. lol. Stacy said she’d rather just get another dog

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I thought about the tried and true method of making it happen again and making her understand once and for all where she’s at on the forum pole.. lol. Stacy said she’d rather just get another dog

How about a chihuahua! My spike (may he RIP ) was a gangster! All heart didn't give a fuck what size the other dog was!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Obviously the dog thinks you are the Alpha, the rest of us think it is Stacy. When that dog does that, you have to intimidate her so she understands that It can’t happen. You can train her out of it I think but I guess you have until Tuesday to work it out.

Our 2 oldest dogs are going on 12, really sad to see them aging. We fostered a 3rd that we decided to keep, after fostering at least 10 dogs over the years. We are looking for a dog that will play with our foster (Maizey), she wants to play but our 2 just aren’t as physical as she is. She is Golden Doodle but more of a Golden than a Doodle. We had to break up a few fights the first few weeks but now they are all buddies.

How old is Sadie? Fuck...I don’t want 4 dogs.

Bella, Bo and Maizey.

1610763142244.jpeg

Last edited:

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
BCFA67FE-791A-49F9-9308-D2A09A530DC6.jpeg
Obviously the dog thinks you are the Alpha, the rest of us think it is Stacy. When that dog does that, you have to intimate her so she understands that It can’t happen. You can train her out of it I think but I guess you have until Tuesday to work it out.

Our 2 oldest dogs are going on 12, really sad to see them aging. We fostered a 3rd that we decided to keep, after fostering at least 10 dogs over the years. We are looking for a dog that will play with our foster (Maizey), she wants to play but our 2 just aren’t as physical as she is. She is Golden Doodle but more of a Golden than a Doodle. We had to break up a few fights the first few weeks but now they are all buddies.

How old is Sadie? Fuck...I don’t want 4 dogs.

Bella, Bo and Maizey.

View attachment 962318

Sadie is about 2.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Maizey is around 8 is our best guess. She was a backyard breeding dog, didn’t even know what stairs were for. We are thinking about finding a dog more around her age so we can be out of the dog ownership business in a few years. Bo and Bella In the next couple years and Maizey and a pal within a year or 2 of each other. We love our dogs but we are getting near the end of the road with having pets.

We definitely don’t want a 2 year old...well until I show my wife these pictures at least.

FishSniper

Reaction score
This totally sucks. She’s an awesome dog and very smart. I hope she finds a kidless home to nest in.
Ours that we adopted 2.5 years ago is good but he also has his quirks. It’s hard when you get them after they already somewhat set in their ways and you don’t have the whole story on their past. He was 5 when we “ adopted” him from the breeder after he had been returned due to the prior owners health.
E6AEFC2D-4E35-44AC-9CD2-CF7692A5F281.jpeg

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have zero patience for a snapping dog...or even a dog that growls at kids. As much as I think you should give that dog some Negative Reinforcement, you still couldn't trust it around the kids.

Sometimes I wish you could just sit the dog down and reason with it. LOL

Sent From Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
So for those that don’t get the joke.. obviously my old dog Sasha was a gentle giant. And this dog sure seemed to be pretty mellow, but she just growled at my son and snapped at my daughter..

crazy toy / food aggressive.. I’m not gonna invest the time to try and train it out of her.. which sucks because she’s already stuck at my side.. doesn’t show any of that towards me.

but fuck that she’s going back to doggy jail. I have too many kids in and out of those house daily to deal with any of that shit.
Too bad but was my first concern after reading your tale....that and how'd she handle 100s of partying strangers at one of your rdp gatherings. Much of her aggressive traits could be trained away but that basic instinct will remain with her forever, usually when you least expect it.
The dog we have now has been a handful. Super cute and everyone wants to just reach out to pet her. It's been 5 years of hard work, one lawsuit and almost lost our homeowners insurance(had to purchase separate liability for her) but she is now 95% trustable...we just have to be careful and vigilant when someone new visits. She still sounds like she'll tear the UPS, FEDEX, AMAZON delivery folks a new asshole though...l😂

Last edited:

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I have zero patience for a snapping dog...or even a dog that growls at kids. As much as I think you should give that dog some Negative Reinforcement, you still couldn't trust it around the kids.

Sometimes I wish you could just sit the dog down and reason with it. LOL

Sent From Tapatalk
I totally wish I could reason with her. “Look dog...you will never find another jackpot life or family like this....just don’t fuck with the kids.”

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
You guys are doing the right thing. kids "trump" (ya I did it) a dog every single time

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I totally wish I could reason with her. “Look dog...you will never find another jackpot life or family like this....just don’t fuck with the kids.”
You guys do not only have your and other kids there but lots of other "strangers".
Sadly, it is the right move for you to move on to a less "mean as f*@k" pet.🥺

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Never been a dog person. Kids wanted one so I gave in.. we have a blue heeler. Fn dog has burned so much cash its rediculous chewing ..digging shitting and pissing everywhere. She turned 1 and like a flick of a switch was potty trained ..stopped acting bad.. crazy! Shes a good girl now..but I'd rather have cats any day!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Yes, that is the conversation I would have...if you could.

Sent From Tapatalk

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
We are looking for a german shepherd. Wrong town here to find 1. A good puppy id travell to Phoenix or Vegas

There is a Great breeder between you and Vegas. I want to say in or near Meadview. Google G Shepards in Arizona She should show up. I think it is a German type name something like "VON" something. I'll do a search for you also.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Never been a dog person. Kids wanted one so I gave in.. we have a blue heeler. Fn dog has burned so much cash its rediculous chewing ..digging shitting and pissing everywhere. She turned 1 and like a flick of a switch was potty trained ..stopped acting bad.. crazy! Shes a good girl now..but I'd rather have cats any day!
I've only met a few cats that are not stuck up bitches.
If you lock your wife in a car trunk she'll fuk you up when you open it ,a cat is no different. A dog would lick your face and wag its tail happily.
I'd choose a dog 100 times out of 100.😂

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I've only met a few cats that are not stuck up bitches.
If you lock your wife in a car trunk she'll fuk you up when you open it ,a cat is no different. A dog would lick your face and wag its tail happily.
I'd choose a dog 100 times out of 100.😂
Dogs smell.. jump..chew.. bark. My cats are chill as hell. I come home and they get on my lap and de-stress my ass. Dont get me wrong.. I kinda like throwing the ball to the dog.. lol

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Our 2 rescues were each about 1 yr old, both males, pure breed Bassett and a Golden. We rescued them separately about 10 years between them. Each tried that aggressive snarl and snap early on. Without thinking, I grabbed them, threw them on their backs and used that Caesar Milan grip on their chests. Done deal. No repeat throughout their long lives. But, you’re doing the right thing. Our situation was totally different than yours.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Dogs smell.. jump..chew.. bark. My cats are chill as hell. I come home and they get on my lap and de-stress my ass. Dont get me wrong.. I kinda like throwing the ball to the dog.. lol
Cats shit indoors...lmao
Kitty litter only works good on oil leaks😄
In general, I'm an animal lover but I do show favoritism😊