WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mean As $&:/! Take 2

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I've only met a few cats that are not stuck up bitches.
If you lock your wife in a car trunk she'll fuk you up when you open it ,a cat is no different. A dog would lick your face and wag its tail happily.
I'd choose a dog 100 times out of 100.šŸ˜‚
Over the years the cool cats that Iā€™ve had all acted like dogs. šŸ˜‚

Had a snow white long-haired skinny little cat that was a bad ass and would sit in my driveway and taunt the coyotes across the street. Always had an escape route into the garage planned. Lived a long healthy outdoor life in Havasu. I miss old Frank, he kept the rabbit population in check better than my dogs. šŸ˜‚

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Over the years the cool cats that Iā€™ve had all acted like dogs. šŸ˜‚

Had a snow white long-haired skinny little cat that was a bad ass and would sit in my driveway and taunt the coyotes across the street. Always had an escape route into the garage planned. Lived a long healthy outdoor life in Havasu. I miss old Frank, he kept the rabbit population in check better than my dogs. šŸ˜‚
My brothers wife, during their HS dating years, had a dog that acted like a cat. He took me with him to feed her families pets while they were away. As we pull up I see this "animal" on the 6' fence and ask wtf it that?
It's their dog, he says.
Fuggin dog sitting on top of the 4x4 post....blew my mindšŸ¤Æ
šŸ˜

2Driver

Reaction score
So for those that donā€™t get the joke.. obviously my old dog Sasha was a gentle giant. And this dog sure seemed to be pretty mellow, but she just growled at my son and snapped at my daughter..

crazy toy / food aggressive.. Iā€™m not gonna invest the time to try and train it out of her.. which sucks because sheā€™s already stuck at my side.. doesnā€™t show any of that towards me.

but fuck that sheā€™s going back to doggy jail. I have too many kids in and out of those house daily to deal with any of that shit.

You donā€™t want to know about my similar story. If the dog shows issues rid him.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
My next dog(s) are going to be either a Basset Hound and or a 'Blood Hound'.

Last edited:

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the new dog Dave.

I hadnā€™t had a dog in several years and adopted a dog that belonged to a friend. The dog was a cute little guy and we attached to each other immediately. I was pretty sure I found my dog.

The second night with my kids and the new dog started off well but didnā€™t end up well, the dog went through some kind of bewitching hour and became terrible to the kids. The kids just wanted to love the little dog and most of the time he was good, when he went through his bewitching hour it was a different story. I loved that dog but I love my kids a lot more. The dog didnā€™t make it a third night with the kids.

I now have 2 dogs, ones a mutt I rescued and the other is giant silver Lab. Both dogs adore the kids and all of their friends. There are plenty of great dogs, donā€™t settle for one that puts your kids at risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Food aggression is a tough habit to break.

It's hard to find that ideal family dog.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Food aggression is a tough habit to break.

It's hard to find that ideal family dog.

Itā€™s not even Food aggression. She didnā€™t even eat all the food. It was just someone walking by something that she instantly knew was hers. Same with the toy. She took instantly to Dave. So Iā€™m concerned would she snap at one of us if we ran up to him fast etc? I donā€™t even know if she would bite...ugh...I already really like this damn dog. Now Iā€™m stuck with the job of returning her tomorrow while Dave goes shooting. We are all still heartbroken over losing Sasha. Now this...
If anyone has a line on a cute fluffy puppy or young dog please keep us in mind.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Itā€™s not even Food aggression. She didnā€™t even eat all the food. It was just someone walking by something that she instantly knew was hers. Same with the toy. She took instantly to Dave. So Iā€™m concerned would she snap at one of us if we ran up to him fast etc? I donā€™t even know if she would bite...ugh...I already really like this damn dog. Now Iā€™m stuck with the job of returning her tomorrow while Dave goes shooting. We are all still heartbroken over losing Sasha. Now this...
If anyone has a line on a cute fluffy puppy or young dog please keep us in mind.

I hear you. We lost our last dog in 2012 and it hurt so bad I didn't want another dog. But recently I have decided we should have a dog in the house. My wife has MS w/mobility issues. We need that perfect dog that is the right size and is young enough to train to stay out of her way and not trip her up.

It's so sad that Sadie wasn't a good fit. You guys gave her a chance and she WILL find that forever home.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score

Youā€™re doing the right thing Stacy. Itā€™s hard but itā€™s the right thing.

Iā€™m kind of surprised none of the kid free members havenā€™t offered to take the dog. She sounds like a good dog, sheā€™s just not a good dog for people with kids.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... yeah kind of a heart wrenching story dog appears to have one good and a couple of bads...
... where I live in El barrio Noho my family home of 70 years... I have to move my truck and camper on street cleaning day... so last week I got it parked on the other side of the street... I always do this the day before and Iā€™m walking back up to my house all of a sudden from the other side of the street a dog comes charging out and I made the mistake of scooting along a little too fast... Unfortunately I took a bite to the ankle...A couple of swipes at the dog with my walking stick and that dog went back home...
...I suppose if it wouldā€™ve drawn blood I wouldā€™ve called animal regulation???...
...Good luck with your next dog ...donā€™t give up...

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Get a Doberman, great Family dog. Plus it has short hair.. a lot of it....

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reaction score
Dogs smell.. jump..chew.. bark. My cats are chill as hell. I come home and they get on my lap and de-stress my ass. Dont get me wrong.. I kinda like throwing the ball to the dog.. lol

Just teach your cat to play fetch!

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I've known a few cats that will do that.

If you are dog person and want a cat, get a Main Coon breed. Friggin awesome animals.

Last edited:

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Youā€™re doing the right thing Stacy. Itā€™s hard but itā€™s the right thing.

Iā€™m kind of surprised none of the kid free members havenā€™t offered to take the dog. She sounds like a good dog, sheā€™s just not a good dog for people with kids.

Thanks. I hate taking her back to doggy jail. But I guess today is her day.
AD4D5594-BA20-413D-89D8-96EAC2709345.jpeg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I believe so?
That and a lack of a tail which operates as a rudder.
Now, thatā€™s just been mine.
Iā€™ve seen a few that are dock diving maniacs.
With no flotation devices.
Mine canā€™t swim for shitšŸ˜‚
My Australian Shepherd didnā€™t have a tail and she swam great. She was a fur ball though.

Nordie

Reaction score
I believe so?
That and a lack of a tail which operates as a rudder.
Now, thatā€™s just been mine.
Iā€™ve seen a few that are dock diving maniacs.
With no flotation devices.
Mine canā€™t swim for shitšŸ˜‚

Yours actually go near water? Mine fucking run far far away.

Nordie

Reaction score
There's a rescue here in Vegas my wife deals with. Mostly trained Dobermans and Dachshunds, but she had a 7 year old German Shepherd she took in, my buddy ended up with her, and she is pretty awesome. I'll let you guys know if something else pops up.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yours actually go near water? Mine fucking run far far away.
All of mine started that way too.
I used her own propensities against her.
She was a ball nut and had a competitive streak. After watching the Golden Retrievers go in and out of the water and not melt on contact?
532B711C-6A37-4A99-8247-664271C49A0E.jpeg

That was her second jump ever.
After that day there was no keeping that dog out of water.
Except!!! The rainšŸ˜‚

Rocky is much less enthusiastic about the pool, lol.
3821F317-764B-458A-A861-680E2B5EF355.png

But has no problem going out in the rain, drinking from the hose, biting the water coming out of sprinklers, etc.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Id take her if I lived closer. I hope the Humane Society doesn't put her to sleep because she's unadoptable with this problem with kids. Hopefully someone closer with no kids will step up. I still agree with taking her back though. With this problem its not an if but when she bites problem.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Ludo came from doggie jail. Been an amazing dog. The cat came from jail and weā€™ve had great luck with black cats that think they are dogs. The goats also act like dogs and the turkey thinks heā€™s a rooster
593BE4DF-B1D0-4C5C-9FBB-B8DF777D13CF.jpeg
01B41B37-6302-4555-BA62-55592106C9B6.jpeg
07FDAF12-19AD-4394-BE28-C2C4CD29F397.jpeg

Joe mama

Reaction score
I recommend looking at the crouch sniffing breeds. Much easier to deal with than biting .

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
We had to do the same thing with a rescue a little over a year ago (huskie). Tried with that dog for about 3 weeks. Returned her and ended up with a German Shepherd. Great dog, but he loves to get his nose into everything.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Maybe a Russian bear dog / aka Caucasian Shepard.. not sure how it would do in the Havasu heat.. but they are like real life teddy bears... that happen to guard Russian prisons. :D

8B48676C-8CE2-41A2-9596-C70E5120641E.png
844F05D0-06EB-4313-8704-E397E0F00D19.png
3CB36257-0CC7-43AA-B836-2A977EF02A3A.png
9438BFC0-9A6D-481E-8EA2-D238B29A93EF.png

beerrun

Reaction score
Give her a chance Dave a zap collar if you have too but Shepards are very loyal and very protective of there family she just needs time to find the pecking order

beerrun

Reaction score
I really thought our dog would not make it to the age of two I was going to put a bullet in her head but she is three now and a great dog our second Shepard both have been great around people. She is scared in a new place and just needs to learn the routine
20210116_092101.jpg

nameisbond

Reaction score
I don't know much about Akita's. Read some on the breed. From what I see they are a dominant breed. Usually that means not good for kids.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Had a friend with an Akita named 'Zigot' . . . when I first met him my buddy said, "I'm gonna open the door and let him out, make 2 fists and cover your junk"! WTF ????? . . . dog came out growling and shoved his nose right in my crotch . . . scariest shit ! Then he was cool . . . my buddy said first thing he'll go for is your nuts or your fingers! . . . dog knew me from that day on, so never had a problem. Too gnarly of a breed for me though, the thing would jump up on the fence and yank down possums, then eat the soft part of their bellies and leave the rest . . . full on possum graveyard in his backyard.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Buddy had an Akita. Due to a bad incident, the dog had to live its entire life separated from the kids. Thought that was crazy. I would have dumped that dog in a heart beat.

PlanB

Reaction score
Pits since 1987 and not one that was person aggressive. The female I have now is so protective of kids it's annoying. If stranger's kids jump into our pool or off of the boat she will jump in to save them, and she can't swim for shit.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A word in cats...

Stay away from female cats! Those are the stuck up bitches.

I had a male Russian Blue that everyone loved. He DID act like a dog!

Roll up a ball of paper, and that fucker would chase it down and bring it right back to me. He would play fetch all day. He weighed in at 22lb. Not fat, just BIG.

My last male cat was a total bad azz. I Watched him snap a hummingbird right outa the air. Was super fun the day he brought a bat into the house to show my wife what he caught. I didn't know she could scream that loud! LoL

I have a female cat at the moment. She's funny, but definitely doesn't have that killer instinct. She will chase lizards, but can't catch em. She's a slacker for sure. šŸ‘Ž :p

Joe mama

Reaction score

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Stacy has been harassing me for another dog, so I put out the call.. I said whatā€™s the meanest one ya got? They brought a Doberman... meh.. he didnā€™t have the crazy in the eyes that I like in a dog. What else ya got? The brought out a pit and said ā€œMr Johnson you really donā€™t want this dog.. literally just broke up a fight with him and another dog..ā€. The pit was tore up, so I said ā€œwell which dog did that?ā€ ā€œMr. Johnson that dog isnā€™t available for adoption.ā€

I said well letā€™s just take a look at it? Out comes two guys with the dog on the extended polls fighting her every inch of the way.. Third guy with the tranquilizer gun in case she got loose..

I said ā€œyou guys are being a little dramatic for that little thing arenā€™t ya?ā€ I could see the fear in their eyes..

I explained to them that my last dog ate chain link fences and shit out master locks.. and I got her the same way.

They looked confused on how you could train such an animal. I said donā€™t move Iā€™ll be right back. Got the trusty lead pipe out of the truck.. one quick crack between the eyes and now we know whoā€™s in charge..

Itā€™s the pussification of America I tell ya.. nothing like a good junkyard mutt... once they know the rules of the road anyways..

Meet Sadie the new Johnson mutt.
This is a shitty thread to read. That was a lot of Big Talk from a guy returning a dog to shelter. I understand your reasoning, but you shouldā€™ve thought about that before you adopted her. Youā€™re going to break her dog heart because any attraction you feel towards a dog, they feel 100x that in return towards you. Shame on you Dave! Dogs arenā€™t used cars, Donā€™t bother getting another one, you donā€™t deserve one.

Reaction score
I had an Akita and was one of the best dogs I have ever had. Never had any problems with my kids around him. Miss him to this day, been gone for over 10 years.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This is a shitty thread to read. That was a lot of Big Talk from a guy returning a dog to shelter. I understand your reasoning, but you shouldā€™ve thought about that before you adopted her. Youā€™re going to break her dog heart because any attraction you feel towards a dog, they feel 100x that in return towards you. Shame on you Dave! Dogs arenā€™t used cars, Donā€™t bother getting another one, you donā€™t deserve one.
Is this really necessary? Iā€™m sure Dave and Stacy feel bad enough having to take the dog back.

poncho

Reaction score
Akitaā€™s are kinda psycho. My neighbor has one.
Good friend has two, been there a ton of times, only dogs ive never been fully comfortable around.....strike me as one person dog's.
Mike lives on the ocean and has a lot of parties in the summer, always ends up putting them in the house, even he isn't comfortable with how they are with strangers and large groups.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I had this Chow Shepard mix in my mid 20's. He was a great dog. Great kids. Playful with other dogs, unless they growled at him. Once the other dog growled, the fight was on.
FB_IMG_1610834499618.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

Reaction score

don't hold back, tell us how you really feel...

I'm just hoping it's a no kill shelter.