WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Meanwhile in Rochester, NY

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
https://www.theblaze.com/u/carlosgarcia
Rochester Police Chief La'Ron Singletary resigned after days of protest over the death of Daniel Prude in police custody. Two deputy police chiefs also resigned.

Mayor Lovely Warren told the Rochester City Council about the resignations on Tuesday. When asked by reporters who would be in charge of law enforcement during expected protests that night, Warren said she wasn't certain.

"Today, after 20 years of dedicated service to the Rochester Police Department and the Rochester Community, I announce my retirement from the Rochester Police Department. For the past two decades, I have served this community with honor, pride, and the highest integrity," Singletary said.

Daniel Prude, 41, died in March after being restrained by police officers that placed him in a spit hood. His family had called the police because the man was having a mental illness episode and a medical examiner said later that he was under "acute PCP intoxication."

The seven Rochester police officers involved in the Prude case have also been suspended.

Singletary said that he was resigning because his character was being maligned over the response to the death of Prude.

"As a man of integrity, I will not sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character. The events over the past week are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity," Singletary said.

"The members of the Rochester Police Department and the Greater Rochesters Community know my reputation and know what I stand for," he added. "The mischaracterization and the politicization of the actions that I took after being informed of Mr. Prude's death is not based on facts, and is not what I stand for."

Police Deputy Chief Joseph Morabito and Deputy Chief Mark Simmons also resigned.

While Singletary blamed "outside entities" for maligning his character, Mayor Warren had previously blamed the death of Prude on racism.

"Institutional and structural racism led to Daniel Prude's death. I won't deny it, I stand before it, and I call for justice upon it," she said.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 2.26.33 PM.png

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Good for them. Surprised there have not been more LEO resignations.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Add Singletary to the list of good guys. Well spoken and a sounds like a man of good character. Good for him. The assistant chiefs probably decided they wanted no part of the shit show.

As for the mayor...racism didn't have near as much to do with the man's death than the PCP he chose to take. Just my opinion, but the user died, and no one else. The way it should be. Color does not matter.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Is this Singletary related to Mike? Kinda has the same eyes and a very similar attitude and demeanour.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

EBT531

Reaction score
So people are protesting to end racism etc. towards blacks yet their actions have caused two black female chiefs and one black male chief to resign. That should tell them something right there.

hallett3

Reaction score
It’s funny how all these Democrat politicians and athletes support taking a knee for thugs who overdose drugs, break the law, and fight with law enforcement. But damn don’t get mad when a young child gets killed by gun fire. Hope they all rot in hell.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm sure they all had masks on and were social distancing.

Rookies.
DC still has this years record at 22 shot in one go ‘round.

What’s that you say? Never heard of that?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Rookies.
DC still has this years record at 22 shot in one go ‘round.

What’s that you say? Never heard of that?

Funny, you only here when a fuktard "of color" is shot by cops...even when armed. If you have a cop shoot a white person, not news worthy.

This world gets it's news from sources that determine what we need to know...and what they feel steers their cause.