WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Med Alert?

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
My dad is 95 and mom is 93. I want to get med Alerts for them. They are in Denver, CO area. Does anyone have any experience with them? I deal with patients that have them but never as a customer. Don't know if one brand is any better than others.

bocco

Reaction score
I got my mom the one that has built in fall detection so in case she gets a bump on the head when she falls or just doesn't remember to push the button the medic alert company still gets the call and can send emergency services.

I also changed my Mom's door lock to the dead bolt with the push button code. The auto locking feature is great to make sure the door is locked and she won't forget and go to bed with the door unlocked.

I also gave the door code to the medic alert company. When my mom took a fall in her garage she did the stubborn old lady thing and sat there trying to get up without pushing the button. The alert company detected the fall and sent the fire dept. They gave the code to the fire dept. and they came in to the house and found mom in the garage. They helped her into the house and made sure she was OK and could walk before they left.

Icky

Reaction score
I got my mom the one that has built in fall detection so in case she gets a bump on the head when she falls or just doesn't remember to push the button the medic alert company still gets the call and can send emergency services.

I also changed my Mom's door lock to the dead bolt with the push button code. The auto locking feature is great to make sure the door is locked and she won't forget and go to bed with the door unlocked.

I also gave the door code to the medic alert company. When my mom took a fall in her garage she did the stubborn old lady thing and sat there trying to get up without pushing the button. The alert company detected the fall and sent the fire dept. They gave the code to the fire dept. and they came in to the house and found mom in the garage. They helped her into the house and made sure she was OK and could walk before they left.
I was reading up on these for my grandma recently. If she forgets to take it off while she's laying down does it trigger an alert?

sintax

Reaction score
@kslicer5150 this is what we were talking about on wed night, maybe you can find some recommendations

Javajoe

Reaction score
Nice to see parents live a long time. My dad is 97 and my mom is 94. Going strong 💪