WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Meet the new tow vehicle

CobraDave

Reaction score
Over the new year I traded in the Titan XD and picked up what I’ve been wanting all along. A 2019 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie with a Cummins. I would have gotten a gas motor but it was hard to come by with the options I wanted. It does all kinds of shit, has adaptive cruise control which is awesome, and a front bench seat to pile people in it to the launch ramp. Should tow the boat to and from the ramp no problem!

IMG_7718.jpg
IMG_7773.jpg
IMG_7772.jpg
IMG_7771.jpg
IMG_7770.jpg
IMG_7769.jpg
IMG_7768.jpg
IMG_7765.jpg
IMG_7764.jpg
IMG_7763.jpg
IMG_7762.jpg
IMG_7761.jpg
IMG_7760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
JEALOUS!!! That’s exactly what I want. I’ve been looking but I’m about a year away

CobraDave

Reaction score
JEALOUS!!! That’s exactly what I want. I’ve been looking but I’m about a year away

The ride is much better than I imagined. Pretty smooth. All of the cameras on it are pretty cool. The surround view is awesome for parking. Don’t use my side view mirrors to reverse or park much anymore.

Mikes56

Reaction score
The Cummins in-line 6 pulls like a raped ape. You will love the way it tows.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Beautiful Truck Easy to look at.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Congrats on the new tow rig. IMO one of if not the best looking truck available now. The Chevy is just plain ugly with the new grill and the ford can’t get any more rectangle than it is. Looks like a damn brick with wheels.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
nice. I always wanted the mega cab but had to settle for a crewcab. One day I will have one.

Yeah I had a quad cab only because Ram doesn’t/didn’t make a Megacab Long Bed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hallett21

Reaction score
Yeah I had a quad cab only because Ram doesn’t/didn’t make a Megacab Long Bed...

The conversions that shop in Texas does is pretty sweet though. Long bed mega cab [emoji1303][emoji1303]

CobraDave

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought the looks inside and out were much better than the others. Hopefully it holds up. I’m about to do a 1000 mile oil change to make her extra happy. Anyone have any opinions on paint Protection Film ( clear bra) ? Especially in a Havasu climate?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on paint Protection Film ( clear bra) ? Especially in a Havasu climate?

I’m curious to know if the paint fades at different rates under the clear bra 8in the harsh sunlight.

I’ve seen some that have, on some pretty expensive cars, but that was a few years ago don’t know the quality of the clear film that was used.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought the looks inside and out were much better than the others. Hopefully it holds up. I’m about to do a 1000 mile oil change to make her extra happy. Anyone have any opinions on paint Protection Film ( clear bra) ? Especially in a Havasu climate?

I'm not in Havasu, but So Cal isn't exactly cool. I will always budget PPF and ceramic coating into my new car purchase. Better protection, and much much much easier to wash. "I wash my vehicles every week because they are outside" The PPF has already saved the front lip on my wife's car when she decided to pull too far forward into a parking space and onto the high curb.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I just had Xpel PPF applied to the front. I’ll let you know how it does. They claim zero yellowing and it is self healing when hit.