WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MEFI 3 to MEFI 4

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
Had a little trouble with the Teague last trip out. Actually, it may have been a rigging issue involving the fuel pump and MEFI 3 harness.

Looks like Teague is not making a MEFI 3 anymore, so I may need to go MEFI 4. 25 additional horse power wouldn't hurt my feelings. But has anyone with a TCM800 done this? I understand there are other benefits with the MEFI 4 as well.

Bueller?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Mefi 4 has much more tunability, it's a more advanced computer, more tables, modifiers, etc, Changing between the 2 requires some harness modification (I think they use the same connectors but have different pin outs and some extra grounds etc) Depending on who does it it may just be better to put a whole new harness on...

If it's a Teague motor that means they already have a MEFI 4 map for that motor config, so no dyno, no pulling the motor, should be a somewhat easy swap-over. They probably offer a conversion kit.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Gawd Damn I love this boat.:D just sayin.;)

Attachments

• dcb-comp.jpg
    dcb-comp.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 468

milkmoney

Reaction score
Gawd Damn I love this boat.:D just sayin.;)

not as much as river911, he has had two guys that i know of that would of bought his boat at a good price within the last year. he loves his pringles chip..:D

PokerRun388

Reaction score
MM, here's the TCM.. Freekin Bad Ass...:thumbsup

Attachments

• DSC_1760C.jpg
    DSC_1760C.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 487

Mrs.Racer277

SOCIAL
Reaction score
Are you changing to Mefi 4 only because you can't get a new Mefi 3 controller? Or is there some other reason? There are plenty of good Teague Mefi 3 engines tuned well. Mefi 3 controllers are available, and Teague (or Dustin) should be able to upload a good tune for you. If not, what is the reason for changing (yes the 4's are more consistent controllers)? Either way, there are plenty of good tuners if you get a new controller, but I don't know that Teague will tune a motor with a new controller (other than uploading a fixed tune).
Had a little trouble with the Teague last trip out. Actually, it may have been a rigging issue involving the fuel pump and MEFI 3 harness.

Looks like Teague is not making a MEFI 3 anymore, so I may need to go MEFI 4. 25 additional horse power wouldn't hurt my feelings. But has anyone with a TCM800 done this? I understand there are other benefits with the MEFI 4 as well.

Bueller?

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I've got the 800 in my boat as well, Bob switched me out a year or so from the MEFI 3 to the 4. Told me they were switching everything from 3 to 4. Better tuneability is what I was told. Seemed it wasnt a big deal, and the extra horsepower didnt hurt either. Havent had any issues.

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
Mefi 4 has much more tunability, it's a more advanced computer, more tables, modifiers, etc, Changing between the 2 requires some harness modification (I think they use the same connectors but have different pin outs and some extra grounds etc) Depending on who does it it may just be better to put a whole new harness on...

If it's a Teague motor that means they already have a MEFI 4 map for that motor config, so no dyno, no pulling the motor, should be a somewhat easy swap-over. They probably offer a conversion kit.

Pretty much what i was told. Good info thanks.

I've got the 800 in my boat as well, Bob switched me out a year or so from the MEFI 3 to the 4. Told me they were switching everything from 3 to 4. Better tuneability is what I was told. Seemed it wasnt a big deal, and the extra horsepower didnt hurt either. Havent had any issues.

Heard the same thing. Sounds like my harness has physical damage. So going to mefi 4 might be the best solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SLOPOKE

Reaction score
Bob at MEFI Burn is what I found to be the best source for info on all things MEFI. Super cool guy to deal with and he will tell you what each module can and cant do. 310-793-2410

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score

Bueller?

What was the problem you had? Last few times out I have had to cycle the key to build fuel pressure on my 800. Is this the same type of problem you have had? Once cycled the boat fired and runs strong. Actually this weekend was the real test with heat and the new WHIPPLE intake and WOW great numbers! Curious to know. Thanks.

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
What was the problem you had? Last few times out I have had to cycle the key to build fuel pressure on my 800. Is this the same type of problem you have had? Once cycled the boat fired and runs strong. Actually this weekend was the real test with heat and the new WHIPPLE intake and WOW great numbers! Curious to know. Thanks.

Boat died 3' from trailer touch down. Would not start. No fuel pressure. May be a short right at the fuel pump. Melted down the pump fuse and may have damaged the harness. Boat ran like a raped ape right before that happened. Glad it wasn't worse.

We'll see. Still checking it out.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Boat died 3' from trailer touch down. Would not start. No fuel pressure. May be a short right at the fuel pump. Melted down the pump fuse and may have damaged the harness. Boat ran like a raped ape right before that happened. Glad it wasn't worse.

We'll see. Still checking it out.

I had the same thing happen, but just had to cycle the key to cycle the pump to build pressure. Once I did that no issues all weekend. Thanks....let me know what ends up happening and what performance you see fro the swap.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
So Mike, did you see/feel a difference with that new intake, I havent gotten one yet, and I'm curious. A friend just got one for his engine, along with a rebuild so I cant rely on him for input.

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
I had the new intake installed on mine. Boat sounds different and feels stronger.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
So Mike, did you see/feel a difference with that new intake, I havent gotten one yet, and I'm curious. A friend just got one for his engine, along with a rebuild so I cant rely on him for input.

YES!!!! The WHIPPLE is way louder. You can really feel the engine pulling. It was HOT this last weekend and the boat ran hard! I have a 6000 chip in mine and I ran out of prop. Never has happened in the heat. It was 110 degrees out.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
He's a great Guy. I'm trying to talk him in to a M29 with a single 1350. He hasn't said no :D

So when do I pick up the 26?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Thanks for fixing up your Schiada the way I wanted it. :D

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

The interior and stereo will be in it the weekend of the fourth for you. :thumbsup

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Dave's trying to talk him in to a M35 trailer. I say its overkill but Framer is all ears :D

As long it's on a Lugo, I think you'll be fine.

framer1

Reaction score
He's a great Guy. I'm trying to talk him in to a M29 with a single 1350. He hasn't said no :D

That does sound like the perfect boat:thumbsup I didn't know DCB made a M29 I thought the closest they had was a M31.

River911

911 River Trip
Reaction score
That does sound like the perfect boat:thumbsup I didn't know DCB made a M29 I thought the closest they had was a M31.

He's just waiting for your call :D

DaveH

Reaction score
What was the problem you had? Last few times out I have had to cycle the key to build fuel pressure on my 800. Is this the same type of problem you have had? Once cycled the boat fired and runs strong. Actually this weekend was the real test with heat and the new WHIPPLE intake and WOW great numbers! Curious to know. Thanks

check your fuel pump relay. seeing this more and more. even thought the pump is within amperage limits of the relay, the contact pins on both the relay and socket are burning up or melting. seems like the quality of the relays these days has gone down considerably.

ditto