WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Member here?

HCP3

Reaction score
Are they adding the two engine hours together?! That doesn't look like a 1170 hour boat. Looks great.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Nice boat! If it really does have that many hours, the owner takes great care of it, looks real good. Guessing Covina Hills Road area from the pics.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Are they adding the two engine hours together?! That doesn't look like a 1170 hour boat. Looks great.
Looks to be separate hours to me.

1614895617297.png

dspracing

Reaction score
They must have left the key on. The boat certainly doesn't look like it has that many hours.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
I’d like to know the story behind those hour meters, something isn’t adding up. I wish the 300 molds were still around. If I ever got to a place in life where a new Hallett was in order the 300 would be top of the list. That looks like a nice one!

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Thats about 60 hours a year... While its higher than boats that sit on beaches alot is it that uncommon? I put a 100 or so a year on a cabin crusier... and about 10 a year on a day cruiser. I bet that boat has done some Powell trips etc.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I have averaged 100 hours a year in my two boats personally. My father in law had a early 90's closed bow he sold in 2006 I believe with 1600 hours on it and rebuilt it 1 time. And it was squeeky clean.

I personally think that's awesome. Hopefully he has maintenance records or kept a log book of his own maintenance. If he has done that I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There are a lot of Halletts and Schiada out there that look factory new even though they are 20-40 years old.. in many cases they look better than factory.
The pride of ownership is off the charts between those two brands.

some people really know how to take care of their stuff and keep it that way. No matter how hard I try I have never been able to do it.. I wish I know how they do it, especially with kids.

You guys should have seen Burt’s old 32 Spectra I sold for him on here. 3 families were raised in that boat and he interior look better than my 2003 Schiada.

When I bought the 34 Hallett the guy told me they used to routinely camp in the boat, Everyone that saw it said “what did he lay down plastic everytime he used it?” The boat literally showed like new..

RD

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
There are a lot of Halletts and Schiada out there that look factory new even though they are 20-40 years old.. in many cases they look better than factory.

some people really know how to take care of their stuff and keep it that way. No matter how hard I try I have never been able to do it.. I wish I know how they do it, especially with kids.

You guys should have seen Burt’s old 32 Spectra I sold for him on here. 3 families were raised in that boat and he interior look better than my 2003 Schiada.

When I bought the 34 Hallett the guy told me they used to routinely camp in the boat, Everyone that saw it said “what did he lay down plastic everytime he used it?” The boat literally showed like new..

RD

Was his name Dexter??

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score

RD

Damn I really miss that boat!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
They'll be boating Mead pretty much all summer. If you make it out there, reach out to me here or @Runs2rch. He tends to boat with my parents more than me lol

Great. I’ll have to come up and meet everyone for a weekend trip then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
1170 hrs on each engine?? Damn! I feel better now knowing my motor will last until I’m 120 years old.

traquer

Reaction score
Something doesn't add up. If there was a recent rebuild on the motors then sure lol. Awesome boat but not for that money. Ever wonder why old private jets are so cheap? They're all good, except the engines are in need of rebuilds soon which is like 75% of the cost of the whole thing

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Let’s say fill rebuild was $15K for both motors and $10K for both drives. Would the boat be then worth $84,000?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Let’s say fill rebuild was $15K for both motors and $10K for both drives. Would the boat be then worth $84,000?

No. Still has 1200 hrs on it. Interior needs to be done. That's another 10-12k.

Hammer

Reaction score
Spoke to the owners today. Motors have never been apart. They were proud that they have had 1100 trouble free hours on the boat. Original owners. I still think they are expecting 90-100k for it by the way the conversation went. Seem like nice people though...

DSMITH

Reaction score
I might be a little biased but I absolutely love Hallett 300’s. They’re great lake boat’s
1200 hours is pretty dam impressive for any boat to still be in that good of condition

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Spoke to the owners today. Motors have never been apart. They were proud that they have had 1100 trouble free hours on the boat. Original owners. I still think they are expecting 90-100k for it by the way the conversation went. Seem like nice people though...

You still looking for a 300?