WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Member meet up - 4/4/20

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who cares if people go out in their boats so long as they clean their hands before / after filling up the boats etc? Problem is, is anyone actually doing that? quote

I thought the same thing, I gassed up on the way to work tonight. My GF was already a germ phoebe before all the corona stuff so I had my sanitizer ready to go before I even grabbed the gas nozzle to pump. Standing there watching about 10 other people fuel up at the same time, had picking their nose, eating chips, touching all kinds of shit and jumping in the car and driving off.

Yikes! Lol

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
So obviously with the recent developments, this non RDP sanctioned event will not be happening.

We will still be out there for 10 days at the house, but keeping to ourselves and practicing social distancing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So obviously with the recent developments, this non RDP sanctioned event will not be happening.

We will still be out there for 10 days at the house, but keeping to ourselves and practicing social distancing.

I’ll run boats with you and we can keep 6 feet apart.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I’ll run boats with you and we can keep 6 feet apart.
You got my number. Heading out this Friday morning and staying until the following Sunday. Pretty sure you will be farther than 6 feet in front of me....lol

Singleton

Reaction score

pack you food and take it with, store in Havasu have slim pickings

Andy B.

Reaction score
So it will be like a DCB regatta?

We are planning on being there Saturday morning staying all day and leaving Sunday or Monday. Stop by if you see this boat I'm not afraid but I understand if you drive by and just wave.:cool:
3839.jpeg
352.jpeg

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Andy B. I need to find a new boat! I might be able to go down for this since meads closed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy B.

Reaction score
Ok guys if you don't know save ass faced comments 😁 anyway are there any rooms available for the weekend? Coming in Saturday morning and yes bringing supplies ,full tank of gas so I just need the ramp this is the land of the free still.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Are the ramps open, alot were saying they were closing this week for launching, I could be wrong

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
I think with Havasu having a lot of older retired people living there, he might have a point. You might have it and not have any symptoms but could infect older people easily.

It’s crazy times right now. Not sure what the answer is.
yes the elderly here are "FREEKED THE FUCK OUT" by all the Cali people thinking it's ok to come "quarantine" here..............Quarantine does not mean.."oh lets go to Havasu" dumbasses..IT MEANS STAY THE FUCK WHERE YOU ARE AT!!!!!!!!!!!, doesn't matter the Lake is getting closed next week anyways.....

HCP3

Reaction score
yes the elderly here are "FREEKED THE FUCK OUT" by all the Cali people thinking it's ok to come "quarantine" here..............Quarantine does not mean.."oh lets go to Havasu" dumbasses..IT MEANS STAY THE FUCK WHERE YOU ARE AT!!!!!!!!!!!, doesn't matter the Lake is getting closed next week anyways.....

Are you related to ALAN?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

First off, nobody has been ordered to quarantine, so lets get that out of the way. Second, if the elderly are "freaked out" then they need to be the ones to shelter in place because I can guarantee the virus itself has already been in Havasu since before the hysteria, again if they are freaked out then they need to stay inside. Third, all the governors have insisted on outdoor activities. Last, I can go shelter in place at my Havasu house if I want to and practice social distancing while I am out getting essential items, same as what we are doing here in CA.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Dang guys settle down I can be 1000' away from everyone on the lake and I guarantee when people go shop for food where they live have a better chance of spreading it than being outside on the lake in warm weather away from everyone!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Dang guys settle down I can be 1000' away from everyone on the lake and I guarantee when people go shop for food where they live have a better chance of spreading it than being outside on the lake in warm weather away from everyone!!

Seriously. We plan on bringing all our own food and cooking at the house every night. These people act like we are going to go door to door coughing on every senior in Havasu.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
so if i have a house in cali and a house in havasu im not allowed to use my house in havasu?

CLdrinker

Reaction score

Could you please tell all of the delivery trucks coming into your town to turn the fuck around! You don’t want the virus or the groceries they bring, your mail, your amazon oh and your fuel oh and don’t forget the hospital supplies.

Close your borders ASAP

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It’s probably not the perfect moment in time to advertise it on here.
“Pandemic” seems to me to be a combination of panic or pandemonium combined with the root cause of an epidemic.
In my 58 years I have NEVER seen this country brought to its knees like it is now.
Contributing to the “panic” is the same as contributing to the epidemic, the way I see it.

These are not normal times. Some see these 2 threads as a slap in the face, when “normally” they would be just regular old meet up threads.
We’ve all seen the arguments between members over the last week over this shit...
Members who are otherwise friends on here.

Instead of posting a thread or pics that we KNOW are going to light a fire, how about you guys just do what you’re gonna do and maybe not advertise it quite so much?
It isn’t helping with the “panic” side of this pandemic.
We need to diffuse both sides.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
First off, nobody has been ordered to quarantine, so lets get that out of the way. Second, if the elderly are "freaked out" then they need to be the ones to shelter in place because I can guarantee the virus itself has already been in Havasu since before the hysteria, again if they are freaked out then they need to stay inside. Third, all the governors have insisted on outdoor activities. Last, I can go shelter in place at my Havasu house if I want to and practice social distancing while I am out getting essential items, same as what we are doing here in CA.
then we will agree to disagree, now is not the time for arrogance, selfishness and me, me, me........it's time to respect others and not put foolish needs/wants like boating in front of risking others lives...........just sit tight for a couple weeks and as it heats up the virus will go dormant for awhile, in the mean time STAY PUT those with compromised immune systems......you know like cancer patients and such will appreciate your respect and effort in not doing something that could endanger there life further.
Could you please tell all of the delivery trucks coming into your town to turn the fuck around! You don’t want the virus or the groceries they bring, your mail, your amazon oh and your fuel oh and don’t forget the hospital supplies.

Close your borders ASAP

Close your borders ASAP
lets not confuse "essential" with "non-essential"......limit the risk please

Singleton

Reaction score
so if i have a house in cali and a house in havasu im not allowed to use my house in havasu?

that is your choice, however ask yourself this = If/When I get the virus and if I fall into the 20% the requires hospitalization, do I want to be in CA or Havasu? My answer, I would rather be in SD then Havasu, so I am staying around my CA house until April 13.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
that is your choice, however ask yourself this = If/When I get the virus and if I fall into the 20% the requires hospitalization, do I want to be in CA or Havasu? My answer, I would rather be in SD then Havasu, so I am staying around my CA house until April 13.
If any one of us started to feel under the weather, it is 3.5 hours to Loma Linda if need be.

Wonder if Reach would pick up in Havasu or close to??

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Everyone has a right not to be infected by somebody who is not paying attention.

Reactions: DWC

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Full of shit!
Man...no way. Spent a few hours at an auto shop in Havasu...and all of the elderly folks in there didn't give 2 shits about this pandemic, viral outbreak.This sucks for all and every body...but dang man.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Im the guy in charge of monitoring and regulating all of the ignorant shit on here, obviously ill never fear a fucking lay off!!!!!!!!THIS WEBSITE IS JOB SECURITY!!!!!
stay safe and healthy and hopefully this shit ends sooner than later.
Sounds like a Californian needs to cough on you.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Im the guy in charge of monitoring and regulating all of the ignorant shit on here, obviously ill never fear a fucking lay off!!!!!!!!THIS WEBSITE IS JOB SECURITY!!!!!
stay safe and healthy and hopefully this shit ends sooner than later.

Not soon enough be safe and prosperous yourself!

ALAN F

Reaction score
Sounds like a Californian needs to cough on you.

That would mean I was being an irresponsible ass and being around people begging for someone to hang out with me,lolol
I'm perfectly fine keeping clear as a responsible adult in these times should be and can do without a fucking group of people to feel like I'm part of something!!!!!!CMON GUYS,LETS MEET,PLEASE!!!!!lol
feel sorry for the wives of this mentality, if there are any.

#CORONACATION

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
It’s probably not the perfect moment in time to advertise it on here.
“Pandemic” seems to me to be a combination of panic or pandemonium combined with the root cause of an epidemic.
In my 58 years I have NEVER seen this country brought to its knees like it is now.
Contributing to the “panic” is the same as contributing to the epidemic, the way I see it.

These are not normal times. Some see these 2 threads as a slap in the face, when “normally” they would be just regular old meet up threads.
We’ve all seen the arguments between members over the last week over this shit...
Members who are otherwise friends on here.

Instead of posting a thread or pics that we KNOW are going to light a fire, how about you guys just do what you’re gonna do and maybe not advertise it quite so much?
It isn’t helping with the “panic” side of this pandemic.
We need to diffuse both sides.

Way too late for that= Those Worms are already out of the "CAN" Words said can NOT be retracted.

ODD, that business people who usually advertise for business now are not only turning away business BUT!! doing it in a way that will not be forgotten.

nowski

Reaction score
OSB, simply take your family out on the water and enjoy your time together as a family. My best days on the water are the ones where I get away from the crowds and not lost in them. No need to put a LAM thread out there, just go out there and Do It...

BTW ever think of changing your screen name to New School Boats?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
OSB, simply take your family out on the water and enjoy your time together as a family. My best days on the water are the ones where I get away from the crowds and not lost in them. No need to put a LAM thread out there, just go out there and Do It...

BTW ever think of changing your screen name to New School Boats?
I am not putting an LAM thread out. I was trying to organize a meetup before all the hysteria and came on to just say that it wasn't happening anymore. Next thing you know, someone gets triggered and all hell breaks loose.

We are definitely going to enjoy our time with no crowds and some relaxing.

nowski

Reaction score
I know you had good intentions on putting this thread on the boards. However in RD fashion another good thread goes sideways. Enjoy your time away, nice ride BTW...

FishSniper

Reaction score
5F4DA491-233A-423F-B01A-B167FE0DEB16.jpeg
I am not putting an LAM thread out. I was trying to organize a meetup before all the hysteria and came on to just say that it wasn't happening anymore. Next thing you know, someone gets triggered and all hell breaks loose.

Make a quick lap this morning and happy to report Alan they were definatley practicing social distancing at 3 dunes. We launched made a run around the lake and back onto the trailer. Little chilly and some wind but not bad.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Way too late for that= Those Worms are already out of the "CAN" Words said can NOT be retracted.

ODD, that business people who usually advertise for business now are not only turning away business BUT!! doing it in a way that will not be forgotten.

“Not be Forgotten” by whom?

Looking Glass

Reaction score
“Not be Forgotten” by whom?

IMO, I believe those here that may be considering building a house, those that have Summer Homes, those that may be thinking about moving here full time. Honestly many others that read this as we want your $'s when things are Rosey BUT, stay Clear of LHC during a difficult period no matter who you are.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
IMO, I believe those here that may be considering building a house, those that have Summer Homes, those that may be thinking about moving here full time. Honestly many others that read this as we want your $'s when things are Rosey BUT, stay Clear of LHC during a difficult period no matter who you are.

Maybe, but I sort of doubt that, at least at any significant level of impact.
“Difficult period” is kind of ambiguous.
This is a situation where travel of any kind to anywhere from anywhere by anyone can influence and extend the duration and severity of the pandemic...regardless of the statistical unlikelyhood.
I want to go see my girl in Kentucky. Airline tickets are almost free. But I won’t, at least not until we see a real reversal in both the virus and the panic.

I don’t think posts on a boat site between half a dozen people with different opinions are going to influence a families life decisions, or influence what contractor or business to use for a major expenditure.

It certainly didn’t stop ‘em from coming this week!
If the wind dies down I might launch my potato chip as well! I’m 5 minutes from Windsor.
I’ve been on this site a long time. A lot longer than a few months.
Sometimes tempers flare, and this is an extremely divisive time with some at high stress, some with no concerns.

This isn’t Facebook, although sometimes I wonder...

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Maybe, but I sort of doubt that, at least at any significant level of impact.
“Difficult period” is kind of ambiguous.
This is a situation where travel of any kind to anywhere from anywhere by anyone can influence and extend the duration and severity of the pandemic...regardless of the statistical unlikelyhood.
I want to go see my girl in Kentucky. Airline tickets are almost free. But I won’t, at least not until we see a real reversal in both the virus and the panic.

I don’t think posts on a boat site between half a dozen people with different opinions are going to influence a families life decisions, or influence what contractor or business to use for a major expenditure.

It certainly didn’t stop ‘em from coming this week!
If the wind dies down I might launch my potato chip as well! I’m 5 minutes from Windsor.
I’ve been on this site a long time. A lot longer than a few months.
Sometimes tempers flare, and this is an extremely divisive time with some at high stress, some with no concerns.

This isn’t Facebook, although sometimes I wonder...

I never doubted the time that you have been on here and yes I have only been posting for a FEW months, but had been reading for some time previous. I do not know what that has to do with anything? I was just making a point about someone who IMO went way above and beyond to make a point. The fact that he and others in here are in business sure seems as an odd plan to possibly entice anyone who might wish to speak to me about what I offer. I guess while I am at it,people who move to LHC take the Good With the Bad no matter if they like it or not. This is a tourist, recreation,snow bird and who knows what else it is? I am reading in here where some just HATE the Snow Birds, well some may or may not own a Winter home there, what does it matter? they were and are coming there and are Not going to stop. I guess the remedy is Leave or you should not have come in the first place. Then I read posts hating on the Spring Breakers or the Summer Rowdies. LHC is what it is just a get-away and if you come here like it or leave it.

Maybe the City Council should not advertise the numerous events here that appear to bring in $'s and keeps the wheel rolling. Face it the Service Industry is all the town has. WTG,you may be correct that you can Insult current or future customers and no one will remember or care,but you just never know?

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Murderer. 😁