WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Memorial Trip!!

Socalx09

Reaction score
Well got some obligatory last minute cancellations. But, my best friend and her husband are heading up tomorrow night!

And we are off! Let’s hope we get there by 8pm :) the patron bottle is calling my name! going through Ethrenberg.
D5B4C048-9FB3-4D93-98EC-4C9871090DE6.jpeg

905D5C3F-F378-4F7B-A0B7-EDC9A7D95B67.jpeg

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Awesome! I may have come across a couple of my favorite customers on the docks today after finishing my rounds. We may have polished off a bottle of Titos as well:)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Looks in better shape than my river fridge.. Never a single beer left when we roll back home:D:p

Each time that we go out to the river I hit costco first and buy up the hards that we need. Typically Jameson, Vodka and Kailua. Usually we finish about 1/3 of the bottles during the trip. Our friends do a good job polishing off the left overs. I am not sure how it happens but when we return there is barely any left in the bottle and never more than one bottle when we return.

HCP3

Reaction score
Looks like a great time to be on the water! Hopefully it's a quick fix.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Saving on gas! Called the mechanic and they are waiting for us. Hopefully it’ll be a quick fix!

Back fired when we took off past the buoys. Shut it down and wouldn’t crank back over.

39120356-732D-4B39-B0E9-57D90433827D.jpeg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Hope it is as well for you guys, but look at it this way, at least your on the water!

Socalx09

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It’s at the mechanic now. Now the waiting game. They mentioned it might be the distributor cap. They said if they can fix it, it will be done today. If not, than it’s a larger problem. Crossing my fingers.

Going to to the neighbors pool in a bit, and waiting for my dads friends to get here tonight. They got a new pontoon that we might be on this weekend! Either way it’ll still be a great weekend! Just not the one we planned!

HCP3

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It’s at the mechanic now. Now the waiting game. They mentioned it might be the distributor cap. They said if they can fix it, it will be done today. If not, than it’s a larger problem. Crossing my fingers.

Going to to the neighbors pool in a bit, and waiting for my dads friends to get here tonight. They got a new pontoon that we might be on this weekend! Either way it’ll still be a great weekend! Just not the one we planned!

Great time to work the bugs out before the mechanics get too busy this weekend.

TeamGreene

Reaction score

Acknowledge, Adapt and Move On! Nice!

Socalx09

Reaction score
Well good news. They found the problem. They said it was an electrical issue. Not sure what exactly yet since they left a voicemail. As well as the impeller. Impeller was just changed last September, we usually do every other year. So maybe that will change.

Going to call back later for us to pick it up. All in all, best news. As my dad says, it’s just money...

outboard_256

Reaction score
I am jealous. Won't be able to get out of town till tomorrow morning. Glad you got it sorted out.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Let us know the issue when you know. Curious. I'm always trying to learn.

The Impeller went bad so it overheated. The wires that go to the gauges sit near the exhaust- it got so hot, it burned them up. They rerouted the wires so that won’t happen again.

So lesson is change your impeller every spring! We had it change last September and it looked bad. Didn’t go through any sand or anything to make it happen. Probably just dried up in the winter.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Awesome news! I try to tell people to change them every year, but for some it's hard to justify money wise. I personally change mine every other year but I also run my engines regularly year round just to keep the fluids moving and rubbers soft. Your impeller probably just took a set while sitting over the winter and quit pumping water.

Glad it was a quick fix!

I'll actually be hitting the lake for some fun time this weekend, I'm gonna take the Formula out and drop anchor in Devils Cove on Lake Travis and let loose a little bit. Unfortunately I'll be sober. Police will be crazy this weekend!

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Awesome news! I try to tell people to change them every year, but for some it's hard to justify money wise. I personally change mine every other year but I also run my engines regularly year round just to keep the fluids moving and rubbers soft. Your impeller probably just took a set while sitting over the winter and quit pumping water.

Glad it was a quick fix!

I'll actually be hitting the lake for some fun time this weekend, I'm gonna take the Formula out and drop anchor in Devils Cove on Lake Travis and letting loose a little bit. Unfortunately I'll be sober. Police will be crazy this weekend!
I saw that same dealio on many boats over the years. Risers get hot or Y collector and it melts all kinds of things. Ever see a bravo shift cable melt down and then when they go to pull it out of gear it won't move? Did three of those over the years.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I saw that same dealio on many boats over the years. Risers get hot or Y collector and it melts all kinds of things. Ever see a bravo shift cable melt down and then when they go to pull it out of gear it won't move? Did three of those over the years.
Sure have. But we've been dealing with a severe zebra muscle infestation here. They've been cutting bellows and clogging water intakes like no tomorrow this year. I dont think they're going away either

Socalx09

Reaction score
Our impeller bill is around $400. My dad is going to teach himself how to do it since we got a spare impeller. We have been very consistent with the every other year program. But, I guess we were always lucky.

Very glad it was quick. Was a bit anxious waiting, but at least it happened early am and we had time to fix it.

Hope you have a great fun weekend. Glad you can go fun boating! Stay safe!

Glad it was a quick fix!

I'll actually be hitting the lake for some fun time this weekend, I'm gonna take the Formula out and drop anchor in Devils Cove on Lake Travis and letting loose a little bit. Unfortunately I'll be sober. Police will be crazy this weekend!

Socalx09

Reaction score

Yikes! It’s amazing how fast it will get hot even when you shut it down immediately. My dad heard the backfire and by the time he looked down, the gauges weren’t working.

DB / HAV

Reaction score

Glad it was a quick fix!

I'll actually be hitting the lake for some fun time this weekend, I'm gonna take the Formula out and drop anchor in Devils Cove on Lake Travis and let loose a little bit. Unfortunately I'll be sober. Police will be crazy this weekend!
My sister & bil have a home that overlooks devils cove- awesome place. The water is so high right now compared to a few years ago. It’s absolutely beautiful. Have fun!

Socalx09

Reaction score
FC5D4006-D5A4-439D-A89E-C985A8F36AA7.jpeg

Wondering why we do this?! I want my bed!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Looks like a nice morning... I am not Rollin out till Monday morning when I get off work. Have a safe weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk