WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Merc 225 Questions

HititHard

Reaction score
Going to maybe take a look at a CP Tunnel this weekend. It has a 225 Merc and the guy thinks it is a 88'- Same as the boat. Anyone know how to determine the year of the engine? How about what to look for in potential issues with it? He does not seem sure on hours so its going to be a guess at best. What is a useful life of this engine? Anyone have a CP with an OB? What can you tell me about ride and performance numbers?

Thanks for the feed back...

Soldout

Park Supervisor
Reaction score
CP is a great boat. Tamalewagon has one for sale. As far as condition of the motor etc. do your due diligence and have a mechanic look at it if you are not sure whay to look for. Compression and leak down tell alot about the health of a 2stroke, but a mechanic can tell more.

white tortilla

Reaction score
the CP tunnel is not a great river boat. not forgiving. id suggest looking at something else

HititHard

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. As for the CP not being a good river boat- Compared to what? Reason I ask is that would think it handles and performes much like other shallow tunnels such as a Southwind or Place Craft. I have a boat now that is a maintence whore, so I am really starting to lean towards an OB- Room, speed and reliability.... I dunno??

thanks

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
the CP tunnel is not a great river boat. not forgiving. id suggest looking at something else

I would completely disagree. Our boat has handled everything Parker could throw at us with no issues whatsoever. Not to mention it has been one of the best ski boats I have ever owned.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
It has a 225 Merc and the guy thinks it is a 88'- Same as the boat. Anyone know how to determine the year of the engine?
Having the engine serial number would normally be the most accurate way to determine engine year.