WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mercury 525 Service

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Are you doing the install yourself? If so it’d be awesome to see the whole job, and if you decide to do the drain job the part number for the drain plugs is (10-79953Q), and you’ll just need the drill bit (5/16”) and then a tap (3/8-16)
I’m going to try and get it done between this weekend and next by myself. Thanks for the part numbers I’ll get the drains ordered as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lavey 29

Reaction score
when we use to see alot of the mechanical fuel pumps / impeller housing set ups after merc got rid of the lower drain plug below the fill plug. We use to do the same drill at the bottom - tap for threads and install a bolt & gasket that can be taken out with a box end wrench or a small socket for easy access without removing the unit.

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
Ok here are the install instructions.

View attachment 976517
So you have the Hardin housing or the factory Mercury one? The link only brought up their pumps not the Merc one.
Seems like a pretty simple solution, as long as you never over fill it, as the 90° fitting looks to be above the fill hole.

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
Any opinions on replacing the thermostat? Mine runs awesome, he’ll it’s running way better than last year honestly. But my VesselView gave me a notification that the thermostat is 5 hours from inspection, my opinion is typically if needed an inspection and removal i may as well just replace it.

Springfield

Reaction score
Any opinions on replacing the thermostat? Mine runs awesome, he’ll it’s running way better than last year honestly. But my VesselView gave me a notification that the thermostat is 5 hours from inspection, my opinion is typically if needed an inspection and removal i may as well just replace it.
I don’t think your penalized for early maintenance. Go for it, it’ll give you something to do for the next 5 minutes. 👀