WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mercury 600/700 IAC Protection

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
negative. i just had a 350 mag a couple months ago with an iac failure that fried the wiring harness and damaged the ecm. (melted the terminal connection where the wiring harness plugs into the ecm) in this particular instance, the customer thought the alarm was a bad depth sounder and continued driving the boat for some time. the engine would only occasionally stall.

It does not happen often on any engine, but is not completely unheard of either. All fuel injected engines that still use a physical throttle cable are equally susceptible.

This didn’t really dawn on me at the time of the original thread, but I saw this pop back up and wondered why it would be the same situation with everything that uses that combination. I drove mine with a bad IAC for about 20 mins.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
This didn’t really dawn on me at the time of the original thread, but I saw this pop back up and wondered why it would be the same situation with everything that uses that combination. I drove mine with a bad IAC for about 20 mins.

When I said a while, i believe the fault history was showing iac issues spanning back for over 10 running hours. 20 minutes is a blip, just dont keep running it all summer without addressing it.

Alot of times, an IAC fault will only present as an intermittant beep every 2 minutes and the engine will be governed down to 95% power, almost unnoticeable to somebody unfamiliar with what the alarms mean

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Earlier I mentioned the fuel system theory. Here’s the actual Mercury schematic

C03C2F5E-6704-4D56-9B09-7E60E5517838.jpeg