WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Merry Christmas hospital staff

Gelcoater

Reaction score
From the janitors to the Lab tech,
RN,RT, and a host of other titles.

Some of us live with these people and the holiday seasons. Some live it.

Mom won’t be home for Christmas morning this year,it’s something that has been since the kids were born.
Some years she is, some not.
They’re both over 20 now.

It makes the years she is home that much better.

Remember and be thankful there are people wired the way these people are.

They have something unique inside them.

Please leave politics and negative crap out of this.
Let’s show a little appreciation to the front line workers.

Mikes56

Reaction score
We just left visiting my MIL in her Assisted Living home. Need to thank all of them too. My MIL’s nurse is working the PM shift tonight ( Xmas eve ) and tomorrow night. The box of cookies we‘re going to take her just doesn’t seem like enough.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier, as I passed my neighbor going down the road. He's a deputy of some rank, and supposed to be off on weekends, but is on call for all the bad crap. He was rolling fast, which meant someone is hurt, and the hospital folk will be involved.

As I get older, I hope for boring holidays. No sirens or hospitals. I'm glad all those people are working, because there are those that will need them.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
We did Christmas today at DIL parents house tonight because she’s working a 12 hour shift tomorrow at the ED at hospital in Concord NH starting at 0700 tomorrow morning.
Major props to her and her co workers. 😊

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
My wife worked today has tomorrow off for the first time in a couple of years. Merry Christmas to all the nurse husband's out there we all married up and we know it lol.
Absolutely.
I didn’t marry a nurse but she managed to be one, for 30 plus years now.
We’re both very happy for our son who managed to marry a women in the same field as his mother. 😊

JFMFG

Reaction score
From the janitors to the Lab tech,
RN,RT, and a host of other titles.

Some of us live with these people and the holiday seasons. Some live it.

Mom won’t be home for Christmas morning this year,it’s something that has been since the kids were born.
Some years she is, some not.
They’re both over 20 now.

It makes the years she is home that much better.

Remember and be thankful there are people wired the way these people are.

They have something unique inside them.

Please leave politics and negative crap out of this.
Let’s show a little appreciation to the front line workers.
100% wife is a RN she is on call tonight luckily off Christmas Day. But like you said some years she’s home some not. Really appreciate the years she is. Merry Christmas

scottchbrite

Reaction score
My mom was an RN. My step dad was a cop. My brother and I are both FF‘s. Our family is use to celebrating our Christmas day on a different day of our choosing. I can’t recall a year one of us didn’t have a work conflict. My kids think its cool that Santa comes early for those who work on Christmas 😉. Im fortunate to be off this year for both days. My brother, not so much. The grandkids all got together with my mom earlier this week so she could at least see them. Unfortunately, My bro and I wont be able to get together this year.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
34 years in the fire service.. retired now. Two nieces who are RN and a nephew a doctor. Another niece and nephew who are PD.

There are many folks working… that shouldn’t be.
Grocery stores should be closed Christmas Day
Restaurants should be closed Christmas Day
Only thing open should be gas stations and medical. I know not every one celebrates Christmas. But if you have employees that WANT to work, go for it. I know my sister would take the morning shift at the grocery store… FOR TRIPLE PAY …

Merry Christmas

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
34 years in the fire service.. retired now. Two nieces who are RN and a nephew a doctor. Another niece and nephew who are PD.

There are many folks working… that shouldn’t be.
Grocery stores should be closed Christmas Day
Restaurants should be closed Christmas Day
Only thing open should be gas stations and medical. I know not every one celebrates Christmas. But if you have employees that WANT to work, go for it. I know my sister would take the morning shift at the grocery store… FOR TRIPLE PAY …

Merry Christmas
Unfortunately add tow truck driver, and so many others.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Thanks to all hospital, fire, police, etc.
I know All 12 of us service guys are on call as well for our end of year “vacation” until January 3rd. My primary days are tomorrow monday and friday. I know 2 guys rolled out about 2 hours ago to an LA hospital who had a quad 15hp medical vacuum pump system lose 2 motor couplings! Facility should be running about 20-25inches of mercury
But they are barely holding 10 inhg. This system provides suction to about 10 OP rooms and about 150 patient rooms, pre op / recover beds and the emergency department.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy the family time!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
We thought the right to do tonight at the Chinese place in Parker was to pick up the two Sheriff's tabs who were sitting next to us. When they got up they came straight to our table to thank us. We said NO, THANK YOU for being away from family on Xmas eve night. WE hope they have a slow and boring night!!!!

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you my 4th day and I’m on my 20th hour straight. Might get a nap and one more 12 with an on call! Merry Christmas!
Making that money! 👍 Thank you for what you do, and hurry home safely to that beautiful pad and baby girl! 👍👍

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
This year has been a busy one, I was in palm spring yesterday and in blythe today and tomorrow.

I'm on my second pt flown out today alone.

On a funnier note, ran a call last night for 2 little old bitties who were out Joy riding a golf cart and tagged a parked truck. Both ladies were knocked out of the cart and neither one spilled their wine. I was impressed!

Attachments

• 20221225_102533.jpg
    20221225_102533.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221224_190147.jpg
    20221224_190147.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 40

River Runnin

Reaction score
As I get older, I hope for boring holidays. No sirens or hospitals. I'm glad all those people are working, because there are those that will need them.
We spent a few hour in the Hospital on a Christmas Day when My Mom passed. Have to thank the staff that works on them Holidays as it can be stressful times!
Merry Christmas to them all!

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
We thought the right to do tonight at the Chinese place in Parker was to pick up the two Sheriff's tabs who were sitting next to us. When they got up they came straight to our table to thank us. We said NO, THANK YOU for being away from family on Xmas eve night. WE hope they have a slow and boring night!!!!

Such a cool dude. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼