WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Metal Carport/RV cover in Havasu....maybe even a Fabric Mesh one?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Looking to have one installed fairly quickly on the Southside to cover our RV pad (utility trailer extra car etc). Anyone here do them or have someone they recommend? I'm open to other options but we are not able to build an RV garage due to some setback issues with the city (yet my neighbor can build a casita that overlooks our backyard on the property line..must be nice to work in the P&Z office right?).

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Looking to have one installed fairly quickly on the Southside to cover our RV pad (utility trailer extra car etc). Anyone here do them or have someone they recommend? I'm open to other options but we are not able to build an RV garage due to some setback issues with the city (yet my neighbor can build a casita that overlooks our backyard on the property line..must be nice to work in the P&Z office right?).
Be careful, those set back issues apply to carports as well, even portable ones. Most of the time they will go unnoticed unless you build something that is to large and very visible or a neighbor complains but the city will make you take it down if they get a complaint or one of the city inspectors is having a bad day and feels like taking it out on you.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Be careful, those set back issues apply to carports as well, even portable ones. Most of the time they will go unnoticed unless you build something that is to large and very visible or a neighbor complains but the city will make you take it down if they get a complaint or one of the city inspectors is having a bad day and feels like taking it out on you.

I plan to have it permitted..getting ducks in a row to go down to city...and if needed get an attorney involved. I’m still pissed over the eyesore airBNB casita the neighbor built...that in no way complies...but he works for the city..so go figure.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I plan to have it permitted..getting ducks in a row to go down to city...and if needed get an attorney involved. I’m still pissed over the eyesore airBNB casita the neighbor built...that in no way complies...but he works for the city..so go figure.
If you figure it out let's us know I would like to do something similar.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Not in havasu but my co worker is building a steel rv cover but putting adjustable casters he can raise and lower to claim its not a permanet structure to get around local code . Maybe a option

Singleton

Reaction score
Wonder if you could setup a canopy like everyone has at the Islander.
They are are removable and sides don’t need to be top to bottom.

Nordic29

Reaction score
We added wheels to ours to cover our ass. I doubt we’d be able to roll it if needed, but it made it no different than having an RV sitting there.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Wonder if you could setup a canopy like everyone has at the Islander.
They are are removable and sides don’t need to be top to bottom.

This is something on my list...I plan to run any idea past our attorney...the city has been a joke on this and im done playing nice...they allowed their employee to build something blatantly against code while dicking around 4 neighbors. I actually don't mind the carport as a remedy...as im not leaving the boat under it...we had the trailer and boat built to fit in the garage...I just want something to cover our stuff aka cargo trailer, spare vehicle, sxs

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
He may have received a setback variance from the city. I had to do one on the house I’m building. It’s fairly easy to do. I would call the building department and explain to them what you want to do before you pull a permit.

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It all depends on what day of the week, and what kind of mood the idiot working that day is in. You either have to be well-connected or damn lucky.

hav19

Big Member
Reaction score
https://americancarportinc.com/

These are the guys we are talking to / In Havasu an RV Awning needs to have a 110 mile an Hour Wind Rating - These guys told us the awning we are looking at comes with the certified rating and plans to turn into the city // I haven't followed through yet, simply because I'm being cheap and don't want to spent the funds for the extra 7' x 68' pad of concrete I need poured.......When I called 30 days ago the awnings seemed almost cheap in todays prices 26' x 40' RV High right at $10,500

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
was this there when you bought, or put up after you bought???

Riverryder

Reaction score
I just ordered mine boat garage and rv canopy. Guy said 8 weeks out to get them. Have a buddy that ordered his 4 months ago and still hasn’t gotten his.
when I ordered mine supplier said next week 50% increase in price.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
He may have received a setback variance from the city. I had to do one on the house I’m building. It’s fairly easy to do. I would call the building department and explain to them what you want to do before you pull a permit.
Looking at doing something as well. I talked to the city a couple of times. In both instances, I was told they only allow variances up to 2 feet into the set back zone. Nothing more than than.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Looking at doing something as well. I talked to the city a couple of times. In both instances, I was told they only allow variances up to 2 feet into the set back zone. Nothing more than than.
Yes that is the amount I moved into my setback.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
was this there when you bought, or put up after you bought???

They broke ground after we left in November, and it was essentially built when we got into town for desert storm (none of us come out during the period between and we knew nothing about it). I was less than thrilled to see their patio and windows overlooking our pool and our neighbors pool...I haven't had time to really deal with it...the city just ran in circles about it when I went down to complain (protecting their own IMO). When we were in town last they had put this raggedy looking old fence up that looks like shit.. The city fought us tooth and nail about a casita, or RV garage add on...yet let this be built essentially against the property line (there is a utility gulch between the walls but its not big).

We really would prefer to be able to build a casita/RV garage...now especially since we need the space. A carport is a last resort..

Attachments

• IMG_5430.PNG
    IMG_5430.PNG
    543 KB · Views: 43