WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Metal Wax.. Long Story short.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The shit plain works. I'll have a long in depth review of it here pretty soon, with "challenges" against other metal polishes.. but for just cleaning up your already polished metal in a big hurry with minimal effort.. I can honestly say I don't think this is gonna get beat.

If your stuff is in good shape, and is just hazed or old.. Well you can see the results for yourself. I had about 20 minutes before I was leaving for islander marine this weekend, and I figured I'd probably get 1 fender done.. I ended up doing both fenders and all the diamond plate on the trailer in that 20 minutes. The results speak for themselves.

www.metalwax.com If you talk to Mike tell him RiverDave sent ya it'll get ya 10% off your order. ;)

RD

Attachments

• IMG_5019.JPG
    IMG_5019.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,900
  • IMG_5020.JPG
    IMG_5020.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,888
  • IMG_5017.JPG
    IMG_5017.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,880
  • IMG_5023.JPG
    IMG_5023.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,876
  • IMG_5013.JPG
    IMG_5013.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 1,849
  • IMG_5014.JPG
    IMG_5014.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 1,822

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Drinking a little early today Dave?:p

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Looks good, I need to try that stuff on my headers and valve covers, they look like shit...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks good, I need to try that stuff on my headers and valve covers, they look like shit...

Is the boat here? Bring it over to my shop and we'll do it real quick. I need to make a video of a comparison challenge next week anyways. :)

RD

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Is the boat here? Bring it over to my shop and we'll do it real quick. I need to make a video of a comparison challenge next week anyways. :)

RD

Yeah, test it out on one part........... then sell him the bottle so he can get the rest of his shit to match...........:p

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah, test it out on one part........... then sell him the bottle so he can get the rest of his shit to match...........:p

I don't make anything off SangerMike selling this stuff or not. (wish I did, guy is gonna make some $$$ off this stuff.. LOL)

People sometimes send me things to try out and see what I think. I tell them though that if I try it and it sucks, I'm gonna post that it sucks.. (sometimes people don't send the stuff after hearing that.. LOL)

If I try it and it kicks ass, then I'll post the same. If it kicks ass, I ask for a 10% discount for the board members, sometimes they say yes, sometimes they say no. LOL

This stuff kicks ass. So I hit up Mike for the 10% and he said no problemo. :)

So the membership benefits a little from being on the board, I get a sample of free product to try, and the vendor typically sells some product. Everybodies happy. :)

RD

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score

RD

Boats at the river. I need to call the guy and see which bottles I need to do the job. Think I can get it here before Friday? Heading out this weekend to finish up the service and install the new throttle cable...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Boats at the river. I need to call the guy and see which bottles I need to do the job. Think I can get it here before Friday? Heading out this weekend to finish up the service and install the new throttle cable...

If you take pictures you can take the bottles Mike gave me at the boatshow.

RD

jbird

Reaction score
Just got some last week myself but have only tested it on a small spot of a rim, so far so good. Can't wait to get busy and polish the whole boat for the summer kick off!

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
If you take pictures you can take the bottles Mike gave me at the boatshow.

RD

I should probably just buy some, I would hate to forget it or spill it or who knows. Thanks for the offer though.

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I tried checking out his stuff online, is his site not finished? Or do I just need to call If I wanna try some out?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I tried checking out his stuff online, is his site not finished? Or do I just need to call If I wanna try some out?

I asked him about that earlier. I guess they had some hosting issues, so they moved the site, and all the links are broken. it is getting fixed one by one.

For right now though I'd call him if you wanted to order some. Plus if you call and say RDP whatever you order is 10% off.

RD

TOBTEK

Reaction score

RD

I can bring the Teryx over. The Alum wheels need to be polished. Can drop it off...just call me when your ALL FINISHED! :champagne:
I'll be taking the key BTW..... :)

Tomale

Rest Easy Big Sexy, You'll be missed :(
Reaction score
Ok first of all do you have any before pics of your fenders? What metals does this work on? Would love to use it on my Peterbilt. Do they also have any polish for paint?

Attachments

• wateverpics 021.jpg
    wateverpics 021.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 634

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Just spoke to Chris, Mike's son and was very helpful. Ordered a set of cleaners.

Mike

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I can bring the Teryx over. The Alum wheels need to be polished. Can drop it off...just call me when your ALL FINISHED! :champagne:
I'll be taking the key BTW..... :)

Bring it over Toby.. We can do it real quick.. :)

Ok first of all do you have any before pics of your fenders? What metals does this work on? Would love to use it on my Peterbilt. Do they also have any polish for paint?

I don't have any pics before, but they were "hazed" over.. (blurry)

I will say this isn't a "polish" from the standpoint of removing scratches on harder metals like stainless steel.

It will polish up aluminum though. This is more like a very aggressive cleaning, with a light polish, and then completely transparent "wax" that goes over the top of it to keep them shiny. (As far as stainless goes anyways)

If you look in the first pics, you can see the reflection of my forklifit propane tank, and my lift.. That will give you an idea of the results.

The white bottle in the kit claims it's a clarifyer / polish for paint, but I haven't tried it yet. So I don't have any comments on it. I will try it after I wash my truck this week.

I would think for polishing your rims (It will actually polish aluminum, as aluminum is soft enough) and keeping them clean it'd work well (wax over the top will help to keep it clean).

To make a long story short.. As a machinist I have a lot of polished shit around, and I've never seen something clean up that easy, that fast.. I have some billet battery boxes that have been sitting in a box for a couple years. I thought for sure I'd have to send them out to get polished again to get that "new" look.. I'm pretty sure a quick wipe down with this stuff, and I'll be good to go.

RD

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
I might need to find some of that stuff... wonder how it'd work on my aluminum wheels on the truck (uncoated) and the diamond plate tool-box.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I might need to find some of that stuff... wonder how it'd work on my aluminum wheels on the truck (uncoated) and the diamond plate tool-box.

If your read my post.. It would work well. :D

RD

sangermike

Reaction score
just wanted to stop in and thank dave and everbody for your intrest and ordering. sorry about the website we had a melt down this weekend and had to switch over to godaddy and lost some links. were working on that right now. we have our old site that has a lot of good info in it. its www.metalwax.info if anybody has any questions about metalwax please feel free to call us at the shop 530-923-2972 ill be back later to start answer qestions and to inform what the differnt metalwax products can do. :D if your ordering please call us and we will be more than happy to give all RDP members 10% off. just make sure that you tell my son Chris that your a RDP member. thanks

Last edited:

Sun burners

Reaction score
Do you need all 3 bottles?
At the LA boat show I just got 2 from you.
Mike

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Do you need all 3 bottles?
At the LA boat show I just got 2 from you.
Mike

Here is what I found from messing around with the stuff a bit, I hit my aluminum wheels with the green first, cleaned the crap off. I then mixed the green and yellow together. It seemed to cut the grime, polish and lift the contaminents a little easier than just the yellow by it self. I then used the pink for the final once over, it seems to get all the rest of the crap off and leave a great shine. I also used clean terry clothe rags the entire time. The only draw back I found was a customer accused me of making to much money due to the shiny "NEW" wheels on my service van.:)

Sanger Mike, its time for the official Q&A:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave so no scratching at all on the stainless?They look great might have to pick some up for my stainless fenders :D

It won't pull scratches out of stainless.. but it'll clean em and make them shiny like nobodies business. I have never used something that brightened em up like that before. They looked like the day they came from the factory.

RD

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I was going to buy some from Hud in Needles, but by the time we got off the river he was gone.
That stuff worked magic on the header he used for the demo :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Got any before pics? What bottles did you use?

No before pics.. As I said in the 1st post, this was just a "quickie" trial. I'll actually film polishing up the rims etc.. and do comparision tests against Mothers / power ball, and others.

RD

Staubi

Whiskey Tango Fox over
Reaction score
Sweet deal I am definitely gonna have to give this stuff a try, my trans was polished at one time but when I picked up the boat it had been let go and not really taken care of, managed to sorta get the tunnel ram lookin nice but no luck on the trans. This may just be the answer... Not to mention my wheels on the truck need a once over pretty bad too

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
No before pics.. As I said in the 1st post, this was just a "quickie" trial. I'll actually film polishing up the rims etc.. and do comparision tests against Mothers / power ball, and others.

RD
Good deal, this is exactly what I'm looking for. :thumbsup

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Is this a wipe on/wipe off product or does it require some elbow grease? Will it work on coated aluminum (like truck wheels)? What about chrome? Is it safe for anozided stuff?

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have a few questions as well. The cranes I sell have stainless fuel tanks and Alcoas. Both get a little "dingy" sitting in the yard. I need some for the guys to use to make these things sparkle.

Suggestions?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Well this thread got my interest up. Since I have no luck with polishing I thought I would get the smaller kit and give it a try. I have some wheels and fenders I would like to try it on.

I just ordered it off the website. Who ever the owner of the site is, if you feel like giving me the 10% you can or you can just throw in some extra product or what ever. Thanks

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Is this a wipe on/wipe off product or does it require some elbow grease? Will it work on coated aluminum (like truck wheels)? What about chrome? Is it safe for anozided stuff?

Sup homie? You doing the Islander or Parker this year?

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Sup homie? You doing the Islander or Parker this year?
Dunno :D. Parker for Memorial and Islander for 4th of July. I though dating someone with a boat would be easy, but her friends are in Parker and mine are in Havasu. Sometimes it gets like this :grumble: :D but always ends up like this :drnkfr

Hope to see you guys this summer :champagne:

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I have a chunk of aluminium that I have been thinking of polishing. The paint that came on it is in bad shape and falling off. The main reason I have not touched it is I am concerned over it holding a shine due to occasional salt water immersion. Any ideas on how the "metal wax" will hold up against this?

sangermike

Reaction score
Metal Cleaner, Metal Wax.

sun burners, you should go for the quick shine also( it takes the metal to another level that you wouldn't expect). we refer to it here as the clarifier.
its $15.95 for the 8oz bottle. Ill pay the shipping for you since you already bought some at the boat show. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mike, since I don't know the answers to the salt water immersion etc.. Any thoughts on these?

I have a few questions as well. The cranes I sell have stainless fuel tanks and Alcoas. Both get a little "dingy" sitting in the yard. I need some for the guys to use to make these things sparkle.

Suggestions?

I have a chunk of aluminium that I have been thinking of polishing. The paint that came on it is in bad shape and falling off. The main reason I have not touched it is I am concerned over it holding a shine due to occasional salt water immersion. Any ideas on how the "metal wax" will hold up against this?

RD

Sharpy

Reaction score
Mike, if you want, you can use my sled to do a demo video. I'll even volunteer to be the beer...er camera man:D

seriously, I drive by your house every day and keep saying I need to stop and get some Metal Wax for the rides & BBQ.

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
I really need to try this stuff!!!! I sent mike a PM hopefully I hear back soon.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Placed my order with Chris. He's on the ball, and a cool guy.. RD should have him make the RDP hats.... hahahaha :thumbsup

sangermike

Reaction score
Mike, if you want, you can use my sled to do a demo video. I'll even volunteer to be the beer...er camera man:D

seriously, I drive by your house every day and keep saying I need to stop and get some Metal Wax for the rides & BBQ.

hey chris, stop by the shop lets do the sled. no joke call me :boobeyes: we wave an aluminum river boat in the shop right now ill shoot some video tomorow on polishing the aluminum trailer.

sangermike

Reaction score

waterjunky, I realley dont know how long the metalwax will last in salt water. now with that being said METALWAX is AMS (Aerospace Material Specifications) Certified which means it went through the Immersion Corrosion Test and past. I need to fix the link on the website that shows the AMS certs. I would say no problem to salt water.