Metal Wax.. Long Story short.

26redline

Reaction score
Damn I just ordered 125 bucks worth, I didn't get a 10% Discount...WTH:blah:

invoice #0000001190
5/4/10

sangermike

Reaction score
gramps,1 apply the green metal cleaner, now while its wet put the yellow metalwax gel over the top and start polising with the two together. then wipe it off with a micro fiber towell. 2 now go over it one more time with just the metalwax and this time really wipe off the metalwax with a clean micro fiber towell. 3 now use a small amount of the quick shine by its self and work it in to the aluminum real thin you dont need alot its water based and will keep speading thin, now buff with a micro fiber towell and keep flipping the towell over as you buff you will see the aluminum start to really pop out as you dry it out. Ill do a good diamond plate vid this week. oh and the fire truck looks great nice work. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Before, After and After again, last is the rear bumper showing the difference between "soap and water clean & metalwax cleaner clean" (not polished yet).
I spent 3 hours doing the horizontal surfaces of the fire truck

Ditch that piece of carpet, and use microfibers the whole way..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mike, is it green then yellow, then pink?

I keep getting mixed signals here.. You want to leave the green shit on there, then start with the yellow?

RD

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Mike, is it green then yellow, then pink?

I keep getting mixed signals here.. You want to leave the green shit on there, then start with the yellow?

RD
gramps,1 apply the green metal cleaner, now while its wet put the yellow metalwax gel over the top and start polising with the two together. then wipe it off with a micro fiber towell. 2 now go over it one more time with just the metalwax and this time really wipe off the metalwax with a clean micro fiber towell. 3 now use a small amount of the quick shine by its self and work it in to the aluminum real thin you dont need alot its water based and will keep speading thin, now buff with a micro fiber towell and keep flipping the towell over as you buff you will see the aluminum start to really pop out as you dry it out. Ill do a good diamond plate vid this week. oh and the fire truck looks great nice work. :thumbsup
:party2:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I took a few minutes off machining tonight to show what I think MetalWax is good for..

I think some people believe it's an actual "polish" as in start with raw aluminum and end up with a mirror. I don't think it's course enough for that personally.. Point in fact it's not really "course" at all.

What I've had some great success with is to take something that was polished once, and more or less "restore" it back to a nice condition with minimal effort and time.

Now it should be said here, I absolutely do not polish anything. This battery box has been laying around my shop for 5 - 6 or more years. If I was going to use it for something, I would typically drop it off with the mexicans down the road, and flip em a 20 - 30 bucks and go pick it up after lunch.

Now that I have metal wax, I can clean it, give it a quick once over by hand, and it looks pretty damn good. :)

Picture 1.. Battery box as it sits..

Pictures 2 - 4, is after the green cleaner.

Pictures 5 - 8 is with the yellow polish (which I used waaaayyy too much of.. squirted too much out of the bottle on accident)

RD

Attachments

• IMG_5696.JPG
    IMG_5696.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5697.JPG
    IMG_5697.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_5698.JPG
    IMG_5698.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_5699.JPG
    IMG_5699.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5702.JPG
    IMG_5702.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_5701.JPG
    IMG_5701.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_5700.JPG
    IMG_5700.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 265

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The last set of pics are using the pink..

Now here's the kicker.. To do the top 1/2 of this battery box, total time invested was about 5 minutes and little to no "elbow grease."

Now I managed to put some "hair" scratches in the surface that only an OCD person like myself would notice (you can't see them in the pics), but I think that's because I'm using really shitty "thin" microfibers instead of the usual thick ones that i get from costco. someone gave me some of these from pepboys and there terrible. Overall though for wipe on, wipe off, and about 5 minutes, I think the pics speak for themselves.

I'll compare it against mothers and a powerball after I get my detail stuff from the river house this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_5709.JPG
    IMG_5709.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5708.JPG
    IMG_5708.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_5707.JPG
    IMG_5707.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_5706.JPG
    IMG_5706.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_5705.JPG
    IMG_5705.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_5704.JPG
    IMG_5704.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 258

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Now we need Mike to develop a polish/wax that repels dust.

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
I think some people believe it's an actual "polish" as in start with raw aluminum and end up with a mirror. I don't think it's course enough for that personally.. Point in fact it's not really "course" at all.

What I've had some great success with is to take something that was polished once, and more or less "restore" it back to a nice condition with minimal effort and time.

RD

Perfect explaination of the product :thumbsup

26redline

Reaction score
All I can say is DAMN...:boobeyes::bowdown:I got mine this afternoon walked outside and tried it on my Stainless Steel BBQ pit on one corner, blew my mind this shit just plain works...:party2:NOW I can't wait to see what they send me since I didn't get my discount on my 125.00 dollar order:champagne:, but worth every pennie...

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
OK, I picked up a pack at the Street Party at DS. Tried a couple things the next morning ( diamond plate on the trailer, and a small spot on one of the Alcoas on the truck) to be honest, I wasnt that impressed, but was hung over, and needed to get the boat on the water.
Gave it another try last weekend on the truck, and again, results werent what I was hoping for. A re-read of the direction sheet, and the bottles, and BAM! third time was the charm. The wheels on the truck came out great, as did the diamond plate on the running board/steps.
I've now moved on to a couple parts on the sand car, with great results. (I really need to learn how to post pics!)
The rear wheels of the car look like crap, but starting with green, then pink, then back to green and pink again, they will be good to go. ( they are bad)
One trick to getting the finer scratches out of aluminum, try using a peice of flleece, rather than microfiber towel. It will require a little more time, but not more effort (if that makes sense)
Anyway, I will be ordering more soon!!

26redline

Reaction score
OK, I picked up a pack at the Street Party at DS. Tried a couple things the next morning ( diamond plate on the trailer, and a small spot on one of the Alcoas on the truck) to be honest, I wasnt that impressed, but was hung over, and needed to get the boat on the water.
Gave it another try last weekend on the truck, and again, results werent what I was hoping for. A re-read of the direction sheet, and the bottles, and BAM! third time was the charm. The wheels on the truck came out great, as did the diamond plate on the running board/steps.
I've now moved on to a couple parts on the sand car, with great results. (I really need to learn how to post pics!)
The rear wheels of the car look like crap, but starting with green, then pink, then back to green and pink again, they will be good to go. ( they are bad)
One trick to getting the finer scratches out of aluminum, try using a peice of flleece, rather than microfiber towel. It will require a little more time, but not more effort (if that makes sense)
Anyway, I will be ordering more soon!!

Glad I kept reading, I was pissed after the first sentence:p it truley is a great product, if people say its to exspencive, they would spend twice the money using any other metal polish and still not have the shine and protection that you get with MetalWax...:rotflmao:

sangermike

Reaction score
here you go havaduner watch the vid and follow the same sequence of polishing and you will be good to go. :champagne:

[video=youtube;AJxs98cu5Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJxs98cu5Ns[/video]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Im gettin sick and tired of all these polishing posts that keep saying the same damm thing over and over again!

How bout something a little differnt for once...

The Top Wax works kick ass on black!!!!!!!! Super easy to use too. Pretty amazing how easy this stuff works. Thanks for saving my time! :thumbsup

Attachments

• New V-Rod Rack 005.jpg
    New V-Rod Rack 005.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 348
  • New V-Rod Rack 012.jpg
    New V-Rod Rack 012.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 392
  • New V-Rod Rack 020.jpg
    New V-Rod Rack 020.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 340
  • New V-Rod Rack 023.jpg
    New V-Rod Rack 023.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 337

Staubi

Whiskey Tango Fox over
Reaction score
Perfect explaination of the product :thumbsup

I wanna say it was RD that said this same exact thing in some post before, its not meant to be a polish but a product that brings back the shine/mirror effect relatively easy to metal that was already polished or chromed,. it definitely does exactly that.

Even if it wasnt polished or chromed it definitely does a kick ass job of cleaning dirty bare metal parts:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

gonna have to order some of the top wax next and see how that does with the water spots on the truck since the sprinklers come on early and leave pretty mean water spots all over.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wanna say it was RD that said this same exact thing in some post before, its not meant to be a polish but a product that brings back the shine/mirror effect relatively easy to metal that was already polished or chromed,. it definitely does exactly that.

Even if it wasnt polished or chromed it definitely does a kick ass job of cleaning dirty bare metal parts:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

gonna have to order some of the top wax next and see how that does with the water spots on the truck since the sprinklers come on early and leave pretty mean water spots all over.

Actually I'm gonna change my opinion on that.. Compared to just say "mothers aluminum polish" the yellow works faster. For raw aluminum though nothing is going to work like rouge and a buffing wheel.

We did a little comparison here 2 days ago on Kyle's ski pole.

Went from Bare Metal (never polished) and did part of it with mothers, and part of it with the yellow metal wax (no green cleaner), the yellow seemed to work a little faster then the mothers.. We were using a mothers Powerball on a drill motor to "polish" it.

Went to the pink for the clarity, and it came out pretty bitchen for a couple of white guys not knowin what there doing.

Don't get me wrong, for raw metal I'll take it to the mexicans up the street everytime.. But in a pinch it actually worked. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. :)

RD

Staubi

Whiskey Tango Fox over
Reaction score
Actually I'm gonna change my opinion on that.. Compared to just say "mothers aluminum polish" the yellow works faster. For raw aluminum though nothing is going to work like rouge and a buffing wheel.

We did a little comparison here 2 days ago on Kyle's ski pole.

Went from Bare Metal (never polished) and did part of it with mothers, and part of it with the yellow metal wax (no green cleaner), the yellow seemed to work a little faster then the mothers.. We were using a mothers Powerball on a drill motor to "polish" it.

Went to the pink for the clarity, and it came out pretty bitchen for a couple of white guys not knowin what there doing.

Don't get me wrong, for raw metal I'll take it to the mexicans up the street everytime.. But in a pinch it actually worked. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. :)

RD

right on, more proof that even on bare, unpolished metals, this stuffs good sh!!t.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
i used the yellow with the carpet patch they supplied on some scratches in my wheels where the kids had used em as a step ladder! :grumble: Took a little work, but all of the scratches came out.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Thanks Mike for posting the vid, and I will agree as well with Rivermobster, the Top Wax is working great on all my paint and powdercoat as well!

sangermike

Reaction score
Thanks Mike for posting the vid, and I will agree as well with Rivermobster, the Top Wax is working great on all my paint and powdercoat as well!

thanks, the TOPWAX really is a serious bad to the bone wax that is a true AMS certified wax. try topwax as a glass wax on glass and plexi glass it will blow your mind. :D

16_oz_topwax.jpg

Fury25

Reaction score
Just placed my order!! I can't wait to try this stuff out, it looks right up my alley. Less time cleaning and more time drinking!!:drunk

26redline

Reaction score
Been using mine today...:champagne: The first pictures are the top of my Stainless Steel BBQ Pit that has been used ALOT and is under a tree, took about 15min, to restore the section in the picture the others are cleaning up the boat trailer and tailpies after Desert Storm:party2: Dis is some good shit...

Attachments

• METAL POLISH 034.jpg
    METAL POLISH 034.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 303
  • METAL POLISH 033.jpg
    METAL POLISH 033.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 558
  • METAL POLISH 032.jpg
    METAL POLISH 032.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 556
  • METAL POLISH 031.jpg
    METAL POLISH 031.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 532
  • METAL POLISH 030.jpg
    METAL POLISH 030.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 305
  • METAL POLISH 029.jpg
    METAL POLISH 029.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 688
  • METAL POLISH 028.jpg
    METAL POLISH 028.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 306

W.O.T MARINE

Reaction score
Yesterday I used both Mothers polish and metal wax on the ski pole R.D machined for me. I started by sanding the pole with 600 and 1000 grit then moved on to the polish. I started with a terry towel and mother’s mag and aluminum polish, after 20 min of polishing Dave walks over and, tells me to get his metal wax. So I stop polishing by hand and start using his power ball and the metal wax. The metal wax was a noticeable difference both, in the time it took and the finish. We also used mothers on the power ball to compare. I found metal wax to be a better product. The 3 stage makes it relative quick and easy. Very pleased with how the pole came out, and there product. Here are a few photos, before and after.

If you didnt see the other thread, the top of the pole is also a stern light. It breaks down in to 3 pieces. the cap is removable to change the bulb, and the top threads off to change the light fixtures and feed the wiring.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 266
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 472
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 276

LAFD

Reaction score
so has anyone on here used it on there pontoon yet? i saw the one on there website but was just wondering if anyone on here has used it and what they thought. looking to get some my toons are pretty dirty.

Hud

Reaction score
Yes I have!! Did a 28 footer with High Performace cleaner. This thing sat in the lake 5 or 6 years. The pontoons were black from the water line down. I used a 32 oz. of H.P straight in the buck & put it on with a long handle truck brush. Put it on a 3' section at a time, let it set for 5 mins. & rinsed it off! Look like new.:boobeyes:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In this picture on the left you can see a machined finished, and on the right the start of the polish job.

attachment.php

Stuff worked pretty good!

RD

CPPerformance

One FREE Call Does it ALL
Reaction score
Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
http://www.cpperformance.com/p-14648-super-duty-metal-cleaner-32-oz.aspx

Gonna use this on my exhaust tips on the truck this weekend definitely take some pics and post em

Brad :thumbsup

You have to use the pink shit too Brad.. :D (Not tellin ya how to use shit you're selling... just sayin. :D )

On that note, Mike is there some sort've die you can use that maybe doesn't permanently stain everything you get it on? That pink shit is kinda messy.. Turns your hands pink (yeah I know.. wear gloves) I have a pink polk a dotted work bench now.. 1/2 my shop wrags have pink stains.. LOL

It's kinda screwin up my image ya know?

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You posting that on multiple pages there TBI?

You're gonna have to vin yourself! :D :D

(It is funny as shit though)

RD

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
You posting that on multiple pages there TBI?

You're gonna have to vin yourself! :D :D

(It is funny as shit though)

RD
I deleted it, made a small change and reposted it :fingers: :D

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
The Top Wax works great on eyeglasses :thumbsup

sangermike

Reaction score
You have to use the pink shit too Brad.. :D (Not tellin ya how to use shit you're selling... just sayin. :D )

On that note, Mike is there some sort've die you can use that maybe doesn't permanently stain everything you get it on? That pink shit is kinda messy.. Turns your hands pink (yeah I know.. wear gloves) I have a pink polk a dotted work bench now.. 1/2 my shop wrags have pink stains.. LOL

It's kinda screwin up my image ya know?

RD

well I had to leave my mark somewhere. :D

Fury25

Reaction score
I got my shipment yesterday and only spent about 15 min on 2 seat pedestals and one wheel. :thumbsup this stuff really works good, but I think I'm going to take the wheels off when I do it next time.

Attachments

• boat before.jpg
    boat before.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 405
  • boat after.jpg
    boat after.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 392
  • ranger before.jpg
    ranger before.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 244
  • ranger after.jpg
    ranger after.jpg