WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Metal Wax.. Long Story short.

sangermike

Reaction score
here you go Dave I know how much you love that pink shine all over your shop. :D

shop_pics_018.JPG

CPPerformance

One FREE Call Does it ALL
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that has used the RDSUX coupon so far, keep em coming!

Damn Mike whats the customer using all that pink shine on?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I finally brought the rzr home from the river so I could service and clean it. One of wheels is stained, it retains water in it. So I used the kit, gotta say it was pretty effortless. I washed it first. Then wiped it with HotSauce, then windex. Took the before picture at that point.

Used the green stuff first, took a couple of passes to get all the grime off it.

Then the yellow paste. I made two passes on the wheel. It took maybe 5 minutes total time.

Followed up with the pink stuff. The whole project took a total of 15 to 20 minutes.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 339
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 326

72Hondo

Reaction score
Mike I believe I spoke to you about the high performance stuff but dont recall what you todl me. I have a header with fiber burns on it. (Towel hit the header when it was hot) it imprinted the fibers on it now it will not come out.

Will the high performance stuff work or am I SOL?

Last edited:

sangermike

Reaction score
Mike I believe I spoke to you about the high performance stuff but dont recall what you todl me. I have a header with fiber burns on it. (Towel hit the header when it was hot) it imprinted the fibers on it now it will not come out.

Will the high performance stuff work or am I SOL?

sorry it took soo long to get back. yes you need to use the Hp metal cleaner and the yellow METALWAX polishing gel to finish it off. i think a 16oz bottle of hp metal cleaner and 8oz bottle of metalwax polishing gel will do the trick. dont forget to use the RDP 10% off code. thanks [email protected] :D

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I did my truck the other day (black paint). Amazing how easy the Top Wax is to use. I wish someone would come out with a wax that repels dust instead of attracting it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I did my truck the other day (black paint). Amazing how easy the Top Wax is to use. I wish someone would come out with a wax that repels dust instead of attracting it.

actually I have had really good luck with dri wash n guard in that dept.. Just washing my truck with it as directed..

I have never tried the metal wax top wax. If it's anything like the metal polish though I'm sure it works well.

RD

Loony Toon

Reaction score
"RDSUX Coupon"?????????????

I just ordered the starter kit. Didn't know bout no stink'n COUPON :cry:

CPPerformance

Reaction score
Did the steering wheel in my truck the other day and couldn't have been more satisfied, thing looks brand new again!!!! Even got rid of some old fingerprint stains that nothing else could take out without potentially scratching the aluminum..........:champagne:

6608048b.jpg

e2d28ca0.jpg

53a1ecc0.jpg

e84721aa.jpg

e37436f1.jpg

0c078d3b.jpg

OldSchool1964

Reaction score
I ordered the sample 3 pack, using the RDP offer, and the guy offered me the HiPo stuff in lieu of the 10% ( a better deal). I then decided to try it out and polish my two cav plates. On the left plate I did with the usual routine of Mother's followed by Simichrome, the right plate with the Metal Wax products. After getting the LH done to a bright finish, I used the Metal Wax on the RH plate to equal the other. Didn't take too long before they were a match and I saved an hour and 15 minutes of elbow grease!
Good product.

CPPerformance

Reaction score
"RDSUX Coupon"?????????????

I just ordered the starter kit. Didn't know bout no stink'n COUPON :cry:

Well the good news is you can use the RDSUX coupon when you run out of product and need more! :skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well the good news is you can use the RDSUX coupon when you run out of product and need more! :skull

I think you got the "RDPLACE" coupon or somethin? RDSUX was mw.com

now if ya flipped yours over to RDSUX and stopped being a panzi about it.. you'd get more action... :D

RD

CPPerformance

Reaction score
I think you got the "RDPLACE" coupon or somethin? RDSUX was mw.com

now if ya flipped yours over to RDSUX and stopped being a panzi about it.. you'd get more action... :D

RD

C'mon now........I am the inventor of the RDSUX "coupon"!! :champagne: RDSUX is for free shipping on all MetalWax products and RDPLACE is good for FREE shipping on any order over $99 regardless if its metalwax or not. :fighting:

BTW......RDSUX :D
Brad

sangermike

Reaction score
Even got rid of some old SMUT stains that nothing else could take out without potentially scratching the aluminum..........:champagne: :p wow!

Outlaw

Polishing MOFO
Reaction score
Well this stuff is great on stainless:thumbsup:thumbsup

I used it on my exhaust where I had the welder tig the tailpipes
and it removed the discoloration from the weld

only problem is... I ran out of the cleaner

Whats the diff between the High performance and standard cleaners??

can I buy the HP and dilute it to standard for delicate things??

CPPerformance

Reaction score
Well this stuff is great on stainless:thumbsup:thumbsup

I used it on my exhaust where I had the welder tig the tailpipes
and it removed the discoloration from the weld

only problem is... I ran out of the cleaner

Whats the diff between the High performance and standard cleaners??

can I buy the HP and dilute it to standard for delicate things??

Glad to hear the product is working for you!

The HP cleaner is definitely a more powerful formula for the toughest jobs but YES you can dilute it to a Medium or Standard level with some simple distilled water.

To get to a medium level you can dilute the HP cleaner 1:1 with the water.

To get to a standard level you would use somewhere close to 1oz. HP cleaner to 15oz. distilled water.

Give us a call to stock up! Or purchase online with the RDSUX coupon, FREE shipping either way :champagne:

Brad

sangermike

Reaction score
took the heat stains out of the stainless steal stacks and polished the spinners all by hand in 1/2 hour. :D

v-drive%20004.JPG

72Hondo

Reaction score
I totally forgot about MW. I was just talking to a detailer this weekend about what stuff is "The Best"

Well I put my own 3 pack together. There was certain ones I wanted to try. The cleaner, The HP stuff, and the regular stuff. I just ordered the little 8oz stuff. No offence but I am real Anal about polishing. I hate buying crap that doesnt live up to its name!

I get that the HP stuff is really its own product. The others, the cleaner comes first then the regular stuff?

72Hondo

Reaction score
Mike got my order yesterday. You guys are Awsome!

I havent tried it out yet but later today I am headed over to my dads shop and were going to try it on Some King Air Exhaust Stacks.

72Hondo

Reaction score
Is this stuff safe on Bassett OT headers? I tried it out today and it's doing some weird things to the metal. First I'm pretty sure that carpet put very very fine scratches in the chrome.
629427a2-1cf7-5e27.jpg

The untouched side is mirror .
629427a2-1d41-69d1.jpg

I followed the directions to the T hit it with the cleaner then the wax then the shine.

I also used the hp stuff on my fiber burns. Didn't faze it, that I think is permeant. Maybe this stuff isn't the best for chrome plating.

629427a2-1e3b-23cc.jpg

629427a2-1e59-19b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk to hide from the IT dept.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
SangerMike will be along shortly to guide you through it I'm sure..

RD

sangermike

Reaction score
chrome is not always easy to fix unlike stainless steel for heat stains. call me at the shop tomorow 530-923-2972 and ill walk you thru it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
chrome is not always easy to fix unlike stainless steel for heat stains. call me at the shop tomorow 530-923-2972 and ill walk you thru it.

Walk us all through it. :) I have chrome parts..

RD

sangermike

Reaction score
my son has been in Hawaii for the last 4 months and just sent these pics of an outdoor Stainless Steel sink he fixed with using just the HP Metal Cleaner and a wet cloth. not even polished yet. :D all the metal cleaners are now NSF National Saftey Foudation Certified A-3 Non Compoud food grade cleaners. the Metal Wax and Quick Shine are now also NSF A-7 Non compound food grade metal polish rated. Ill show some more pics this week of what were doing at the Jelly Belly factory.

IMG00770-20110119-1239.jpg

IMG00771-20110119-1314.jpg

72Hondo

Reaction score
Mike it was a pleasure talking with you the other day. The fibers are coming up slowly. Thanks for the heads up and the walk through.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mike it was a pleasure talking with you the other day. The fibers are coming up slowly. Thanks for the heads up and the walk through.

Did you have to do something different then the instructions?

RD

HBCraig

Reaction score
I used MW on a couple of our rigs. Came out great.

Attachments

• 30112S T800 a.jpg
    30112S T800 a.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 30112S T800 b.jpg
    30112S T800 b.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 146

sangermike

Reaction score
Did you have to do something different then the instructions?

RD

yes, you need to let the HP cleaner do the work over time and then add the polishing gel in with the cleaner. dave we are in the process of making all new instructions and the QUICKSHINE will be in a spray can just in time for the LA boat show. :D

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Dave did you use the Powerball and did it work better. And if you did did you use it with the Green, Yellow, and Pink or just the Yellow

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave did you use the Powerball and did it work better. And if you did did you use it with the Green, Yellow, and Pink or just the Yellow

We polished a raw ski pole that I machined.. We did some sand paper, then steel wool.. Then we were polishing it by hand, but I ditched that and went to the powerball.

We used the powerball with the yellow / then switched to the pink and it came out bitchen.. (washed the powerball in between steps)

I expect this isn't the correct way to use the product, but it's how we did it.. and we got a polished part.. LOL

RD