WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mexican restaurant??

EPL

Reaction score
What is the best Mexican food in Parker ??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fishing fool

Reaction score
Ask dave, he was just in Parker on sarurday and ate at one.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Lily's or Tierra caliente

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Mayas was pretty good last time i was there. For something quick ill go to lilys .

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Tierra Caliente is great, small family run, very friendly and good food, ate there twice this weekend. Not to mention that their uncooked Carne Asada is very good if you want to grille your own. I still need to try Lily's, but have eaten and most of the others, Maya, Sarapa and Rupertos. Rupertos is 24 hour for that late night craving, some really like it, me not so much. Other one that is good is Mi Tierra, at he 4 way signal at the 95 and river road,, across from Bobby D's,, more family from Tierra Caliente, so food is similar or the same I think.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
The taco trailer set up in spankys parking lot is run by the tierra caliente family also. Stopped for some tacos there a few weeks ago. They were really good!

DLC

Reaction score
I don’t about all those other joints, but we always drive thru Taco Bell in Parker and get Taco and bean burritos for the drive home!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Is Lilly's the same one that used to be up by the dam? Because if it was it sucked pretty bad.

Reactions: TPC

rivergames

Reaction score
Mi Tierra on the corner of Riverside Dr and the 95.... Family of Tierra Caliente

Lilly's is also great food

cofooter

Reaction score
Tierra Caliente is great, small family run, very friendly and good food, ate there twice this weekend. Not to mention that their uncooked Carne Asada is very good if you want to grille your own. I still need to try Lily's, but have eaten and most of the others, Maya, Sarapa and Rupertos. Rupertos is 24 hour for that late night craving, some really like it, me not so much. Other one that is good is Mi Tierra, at he 4 way signal at the 95 and river road,, across from Bobby D's,, more family from Tierra Caliente, so food is similar or the same I think.

Mi Tierra is the bomb!!! Great food, small place.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I don’t about all those other joints, but we always drive thru Taco Bell in Parker and get Taco and bean burritos for the drive home!

That sounds awful for all occupants of the vehicle driving home.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
The taco trailer set up in spankys parking lot is run by the tierra caliente family also. Stopped for some tacos there a few weeks ago. They were really good!
Yes, exactly, but no set schedule on when they will be out.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Is Lilly's the same one that used to be up by the dam? Because if it was it sucked pretty bad.
That might have been Mi Burrito up there? From all reports, Lily's is good, I just have not taken the time to check it out myself, I usually go upriver to the floating bars that don't have the crazy tax rates.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
That might have been Mi Burrito up there? From all reports, Lily's is good, I just have not taken the time to check it out myself, I usually go upriver to the floating bars that don't have the crazy tax rates.
Lilys is bomb! Good salsa..chilis. Nothing fancy.. But good.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Presidents I bought all the Carne they had at Tierra. Friend bought the batch from food city. Another got pollo asada from Tierra. I cooked up 20 lbs total for Tacos for my Echo crew.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
By the way, Tierra Caliente has a special on Friday nights, either rib eye or prime rib with garlic shrimp and some other stuff for $23.99. I didn't go for it last Friday but another of my local friends has posted a photo of a steak as large as the plate. My friend got the chicken Alfredo (yes, it's a Mexican restaurant), huge plate of food that he said was really good.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
By the way, Tierra Caliente has a special on Friday nights, either rib eye or prime rib with garlic shrimp and some other stuff for $23.99. I didn't go for it last Friday but another of my local friends has posted a photo of a steak as large as the plate. My friend got the chicken Alfredo (yes, it's a Mexican restaurant), huge plate of food that he said was really good.
No way. Man that sounds awesome. I gotta check that out next weekend for sure . had no idea they served dinners like that. Thanks for the tip

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Where is Lily’s?

Next to Autozone? I think I’ve been there once for lunch a few years ago. I don’t remember much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I go to Tierra allot and it has never missed always great but El sarape used to be great but the wait there is horrible, Lillys is good food but they seem to charge extra for chips and salsa even when eating there.

Rupertos to me used to be real good for a breakfast burrito on the way home but lately it went south bad, I have had three bad experiences there in a row where the salsa was moldy and something in the burrito tasted bad so we tossed them also seem to get foam cups with a pinhole leak in them so my tea drains into my cupholder this happened twice so I am done there. On another note they also tried to jack the wife on a girls trip she gave them a 50 and they gave change for a 20 and argued she gave a 50.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
The Tierra Caliente Friday night rib eye with shrimp.
Tierra Caliente.jpg

DickieB

Reaction score
Best Carne Asada burrito I've had is at Rupertos...........Always grab a couple when leaving Parker, take them home in foil in a small ice chest, stick them in the micro for dinner.........damn good!

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Always liked Sarape

Mi Burrito by the dam was so so but we could walk there in an emergency lol

Everyone I knew had great things to say about Lily’s and they did have a place by the dam but it was not mi burrito

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
oh crap.. the word is getting out about Tierra Caliente. That's one of my favorite places in Parker. I too am there stocking up when in town. (especially since Manor (meat) market closed) The only thing I don't care for there is their Pollo asada and chicken wings, everything else is usually very good. I typically buy their rib eyes and Q them @ home. They've been hit and miss on flavor and tenderness (pretty typical these days @ the market too) but when their good, their very good. The adobado marinated pork steaks are awesome. Chili verde, albondegas soup, guacamole, salsa, breakfast burritos etc. etc. all very good. Javier's done a great job with growing that bus. the last few years. And ya, unfortunately Sarape has plummeted horribly since the moves and change of ownership. IMO Maya's sucks.... I've wondered about Lilly's, guess I'll try that the next time I'm in town.

For BBQ and smoked meats, sammich's etc. the cantina next to the launch ramp, docks etc. at the blue water is pretty dam good, surprisingly so and reasonable too.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
El Sarape has absolutely gone down hill.. I’d steer clear of that one right now.

Ate there over presidents....

bar none the best facility in town...Food was ok,service was a C and margaritas were pretty bad

work2ski

Reaction score
Lily's is the best place we've found. Used to be up by the dam, tried it once up there and it was good. Great enchiladas

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just ate at Tierra Caliente for dinner with friends after getting our DNA changing vaccine shot in Parker. REALLY good food!! Did not disappoint any of us. The carnitas that I had were great and those flour tortillas were some of the best I've ever had.
Thanks for the tips on Mexican food in Parker!!!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Just ate at Tierra Caliente for dinner with friends after getting our DNA changing vaccine shot in Parker. REALLY good food!! Did not disappoint any of us. The carnitas that I had were great and those flour tortillas were some of the best I've ever had.
Have you felt the tracking device yet? It's such a trip when it starts moving around 😂🤣🤣🤣

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Glad they didn't make a liar out of me. Mi Tierra up across from Bobby D's has some great margaritas. As I mentioned before, they are family owned so you should find them to be similar quality.

wzuber

Reaction score
Glad they didn't make a liar out of me. Mi Tierra up across from Bobby D's has some great margaritas. As I mentioned before, they are family owned so you should find them to be similar quality.
I prefer Mi Tierra's pollo asada over caliente's p. asada. curious to know if you have noticed a difference in the two?

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Have you felt the tracking device yet? It's such a trip when it starts moving around 😂🤣🤣🤣
No, but we are a little upset about having kids is now out of the question, just as we were going to try, now that we're financially stable you know!!!!! 😁

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I prefer Mi Tierra's pollo asada over caliente's p. asada. curious to know if you have noticed a difference in the two?
I normally purchase the carne asada, so won't have a valid comparison for you. I know one time Tierra Caliente catered my friend's birthday party, and the ribs they had were crazy good. Next time I was in the store I ordered some up and they were not even in the same league.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
El Sarape never goes well both service and food now sux. Several attempts.

Rupertos backed into hell years ago.
Rupertos really was excellent at one time. Unique and really good.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Only good when Maria the owner is present. At the Kofa location she usually is.

Like a barbershop - better haircut when the owner is there.

Were regulars at Lily’s. Solid menu, good food at good prices. No booze and it’s a fast food - coffe shop environment but clean.

Maria is one of those strict moms her kids don’t push over the edge.

Last edited: