WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mexico is safe

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
That's when we roll in with a few of these and unleash⬆️⬆️⬆️
chopper-helicopter.gif

Mark G

Reaction score
I grew up Surfing BAJA & later delivered Fire Apparatuses to Rosarita Beach K38 that we donated to the BOMBEROS.....
Always remembered you go to MEXICO twenty strong & stick to TECATE and PACIFICO !!! 😎
Any deliveries to Adelitas or the Hong Kong?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hope Waikiki is safer next week. @HNL2LHC what are the CCW rules at home? 😬

View attachment 1064641
If you look it is difficult to get one. Plus they don’t reciprocate with any other state. Go figure. Typical liberal paradise. :looking:

franky

Reaction score
It’s not the cheapest place you can go but Aruba is pretty dam nice and very safe.
Another advantage is very little rain and no hurricanes so you don’t have to worry about your hard earned vacation becoming a wash out.
When we went we saw all the good parts in one day. That would be the town the cruise ships comes into. The rest was like a third world shit hole IMO

SixD9R

Reaction score
When we went we saw all the good parts in one day. That would be the town the cruise ships comes into. The rest was like a third world shit hole IMO
The all inclusive resorts are beautiful and the areas nearby are also very nice and that’s not where the cruise ships come in. Most of the southern side of the island is pretty nice. The north side is the rough areas. This is no different than Mexico or any of the Caribbean nations. They all have there good areas and not so good spots. Aruba doesn’t have the cartel, drug or gang violence that Mexico or many other places do.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
LA's up to 1500+ gunshot victims this year alone. I think the Cartels have a better hit percentage involving their targets.
Rookies.
The Boyz in Chicago have shot over 4200 this year. Atrocious kill ratio though, but still they are on track for a record year, and with 11 more dead they will beat the benchmark of 1996’s 796 dead. With a murder every 10 hours it should be in the bag.

The Chicago “Turkey tally” for this weekend was 30 shot between Thursday and last night, with 6 dead.
What’s that?? Haven’t heard a word about it? Huh...that’s weird.

8B25A32D-9263-4577-ADD4-546BD26427E0.png

C93B3F8E-255C-4A25-B96C-C77728872A51.png

0070F14C-EE06-42B0-AAC1-A96F11006B1F.png

94essex

Reaction score
Made it there and back safe. Had a great time. 50 dollars for a round on the beach.

Attachments

• 20211116_170935.jpg
    20211116_170935.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 20211116_144651.jpg
    20211116_144651.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20211114_145609.jpg
    20211114_145609.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 83

Dettom

Reaction score
Half the reason the Mexican cartels have so much power in Mexico now is because of help for the U.S. Zero doubt about that. But like Greg said above, I'd rather not go to a place that can turn into a cartel shoot out at any point and frequently does, regardless of US vs Mexico.

However, your trip looked amazing! LOL I just wish mexico was like it was pre, say 1995 ish. .25 cent tacos, .50 cent coronas. Nice beach front hotel for $20 a night. The absolute worse thing you had to worry about was being pulled over and shook down for $20 from the federales. Prices at these resort towns are the same as prices in South Florida, Bahamas, Hawaii, etc. I see no need to go to Mexico AT ALL.
I don’t vacation in cities run by democrats or drug cartels. Not much daylight between them anymore, they’re both organized crime syndicates.

Taboma

Reaction score
Not safe. Lost a friend last week he was in Cozumel for 51st bday and supposedly stabbed over his watch. Rip Biggs.

My old neighbor's middle aged kids, the son an X-Texas lawman, owned a private language tutoring school in Cozumel. For about 8 years they catered to the more wealthy and I'm sure cartel connected teaching their kids English.
Almost overnight they walked away from their business, packed up and caught the next plane back to mom and dad's house here in San Diego.
Apparently they got caught in the middle between competing factions, and decided their life expectancy along with their teen daughter's was in jeopardy.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
My old neighbor's middle aged kids, the son an X-Texas lawman, owned a private language tutoring school in Cozumel. For about 8 years they catered to the more wealthy and I'm sure cartel connected teaching their kids English.
Almost overnight they walked away from their business, packed up and caught the next plane back to mom and dad's house here in San Diego.
Apparently they got caught in the middle between competing factions, and decided their life expectancy along with their teen daughter's was in jeopardy.
Cartels run all of Mexico. They want money. So the rule of “oh if you stay in the tourist areas” used to be good. But now there is no tourism anymore. So the people who once relied on that income are now desperate. He’s lucky it was quick, most of the time they’ll kidnap you for ransom. Then just chop off your head anyways.

Taboma

Reaction score
Cartels run all of Mexico. They want money. So the rule of “oh if you stay in the tourist areas” used to be good. But now there is no tourism anymore. So the people who once relied on that income are now desperate. He’s lucky it was quick, most of the time they’ll kidnap you for ransom. Then just chop off your head anyways.

When I was 18 and about a month after graduating HS in 1966, was with a couple of surfer buddies enjoying a few days south of Rosarito Beach.
Non-uniformed security guard gets pissed after we accidently woke him out of a drunken stupor, attacks me, then after I knocked him on his ass, he stuffs his 45 in my face.
So of course young Gringo loses and I spent the weekend in a Rosarito jail cell, where you piss and shit on the floor and the scrap of food wasn't fit for maggots', so yup, Fuck Mexico.
Although many years later I did fly to Cabo a few times to fish Marlin Tournaments., but only fishermen visited Cabo in those days, pretty mellow.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score

MrsBeerrun

Reaction score
Shoot outs in major hotels, on tourist beaches, on tourist clogged streets are more common than one would think. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is easy to do there. You always think these things happen to other people until it happens to you. It's scary and it happens fast, the benefit doesn't not out weight the risk.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Back in the 80s I was with Innovator Boats. We made six 31' Innovator Sportfishers for Hotel Palmilla. We were flown down to commission each boat with their Mexican crews and captains. We were given very nice rooms, meals were covered also. Drinks, we were suppose to pay for them. But, invariably they knew who we were and wouldn't accept our money. Beautiful place, great people. But, even then it was explained to us there was a growing bad element. We were instructed when driving to and from Cabo to the Palmilla at night, do not stop for anyone or anything. Haul ass, to either Cabo or Palmilla and we'd be fine. We did and we were.

TCHB

Reaction score
Maybe but at least in US you can call someone for help in Mexico no one would help us no one would answer there door until finally one lady did and we still talk to her today
BA66225B-A5A0-4D9B-ADFF-DB29B3C19682.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
Today way too many nuts out there!

4Waters

Reaction score
Shoot outs in major hotels, on tourist beaches, on tourist clogged streets are more common than one would think. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time is easy to do there. You always think these things happen to other people until it happens to you. It's scary and it happens fast, the benefit doesn't not out weight the risk.
Maybe but at least in US you can call someone for help in Mexico no one would help us no one would answer there door until finally one lady did and we still talk to her today
Your guys story was terrifying

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The identities of three of the four US citizens kidnapped at gunpoint in Mexico after being ambushed when they crossed the border have been made public.

Christina Hickson says her son, 28-year-old Zindell Brown, is one of the group of four Americans who drove across the US border with Mexico on Friday, reported WPDE.

The news channel also reported that two of the others kidnapped are Shaeed Woodard, from Lake City, South Carolina, and Latavia ‘Tay’ McGee, who is from Myrtle Beach.

The fourth member of the group is is Eric James Williams, whose North Carolina diver’s license was found at the scene, reported ABC News.

The group had crossed the Mexico border from Brownsville, Texas, into Matamoros, Tamaulipas, near the Gulf coast in a white minivan when they were ambushed by gunmen who fired on the passengers, according to the US Embassy & Consulates in Mexico.

The four Americans were then placed in another vehicle and driven from the scene by their captors, the embassy said.

The US State Department is advising Americans not to travel to Tamaulipas due to the risk of crime and kidnapping. The region is on the “Level 4: Do Not Travel” list.

The border city of Matamoros is largely controlled by the Gulf drug cartel, with violence and migrant smuggling rife. Video has emerged of violence on the streets on Friday.

Oliver Rich, special agent in charge of the San Antonio Division of the FBI, said in a press release that the bureau is seeking the public’s help in identifying the assailants responsible for the assault and kidnapping.

A reward of $50,000 is being offered for information leading to the return of the victims and the arrest of the kidnappers.

beerrun

Reaction score
You guys want to go to Mexico then go im not speculating on people being kidnapped in Mexico i know first hand what its like and what it took to get any help once we were free and that includes help from the US customs and border patrol they could care less and told us to walk to McDonald's and beg for a quarter to call someone that cares

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
You guys want to go to Mexico then go im not speculating on people being kidnapped in Mexico i know first hand what its like and what it took to get any help once we were free and that includes help from the US customs and border patrol they could care less and told us to walk to McDonald's and beg for a quarter to call someone that cares
I read y'all's story here awhile back. That had to have been terrifying. 😬 I can't see how anyone would want to chance it, to each their own I guess