WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

MG vehicle collectors??

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone into MG cars?? I have a deck lid for a roadster type in decent condition with the exception of a cracked inner rib underneath.... It has a few nicks and scrapes, but no real "dents" and also has the factory type luggage rack.... It's pretty much a "freebie" but you'll have to arrange to have it picked up in Mohave valley AZ, (right across the river from Needles Ca.), AND please don't ask for any pictures as I don't have the necessary stuff to send pictures here in the desert... I could figure a way to deliver it in the tri state area, but that would eliminate the "freebie" part.... Shipping IS NOT AN OPTION.........If interested please call me, 805 300 0012
Ray

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The right person would likely pay you good $ for it. Find an MG or British car site is my suggestion.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Might want to identify it a little farther, midget, a, b.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Ziggy, not looking to make money, was just hoping an RDP member could put it to good use on a personal project, (NOT to resell it). But yeah, I could go an extra mile and maybe turn a buck or two but just about everyone wants to see a picture. I've even had people request a picture of BBC cylinder heads, even though they were listed by casting number and were bone stock!!!
Ray
PS: I'll bet just the factory luggage rack is worth $50. to the right person...

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Might want to identify it a little farther, midget, a, b.
NO IDEA.....of year or model and there are no identifying numbers, like a part number or assembly date...A MG enthusiast would likely know, as well as know other collectors that could use it if it's wrong for his/her use... Most of those roadsters were pretty much the same style, and I've saved this one from the scrap yard just because it would seem to be fairly rare...
Ray

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Bump, c'mon guys, somebody knows somebody that might want this MG decklid....I really hate to scrap it, in fact I won't scrap it, I'll just throw it under something that hopefully won't let it ROT in the desert....As suggested, I'll try to find a British Leyland Automotive forum and see if I can a collector/restorer for those old sporty cars....
Ray