WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Miami Beach Police Chase Video - Boat Chase

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
All I can say is I wish the footage was better, but you’ll get the gist. Checkout the helicopter that is involved trying to stop boat.

Part 1

Part 2

Taboma

Reaction score
Damn, Miami PD has a serious Helo, wonder if it's Customs or DEA or DHS ?

azsunfun

Reaction score
can,t beat the radio, gave a good show👏

Jimmyv

Reaction score
We all read the title and came here looking for this

3CA7CE94-EDEA-4D1D-9D19-6FDF7FF83CA6.png

Last edited:

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I also noticed a white Coast Guard ship just offshore from all this action. Any chance is was a demo/training op?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Should have done a pit maneuver on him🤣
Some serious Po-Po action though👍

4Waters

Reaction score
The suspect kept circling, guess he was in a familiar neighborhood, they should have deployed the spike str......prop fowler

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
All I can say is I wish the footage was better, but you’ll get the gist. Checkout the helicopter that is involved trying to stop boat.

Part 1

Part 2

Why does Miami police have a Blackhawk helicopter?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
Nice little yacht in the background.....

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I also noticed a white Coast Guard ship just offshore from all this action. Any chance is was a demo/training op?
Yes this was a demo as part of an air show in Miami every Memorial Day Weekend.

Damn, Miami PD has a serious Helo, wonder if it's Customs or DEA or DHS ?
That’s Customs.
I was picturing the helicopter shooting at in like in Bad boys
if I remember correctly, @ToMorrow44 is involved in airborne operations down there somewhere.
Yep I’m a pilot in the CG, I was in Miami doing Search and Rescue, now I’m in Jacksonville doing Airborne Use of Force. That scene in Bad Boys 2 is my current unit, although dramatized for the movie, we do shoot out engines of drug runners.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
I was gonna say, why not shoot the motor!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I was gonna say, why not shoot the motor!
Coast Guard is the only agency authorized to conduct Airborne Use of Force anyway. Customs can do all the tactical flying they want, but it’s not going to stop a boat lol

C-2

Reaction score
CalFire just bought 12 FireHawks at $26MM each, I read an article about it yesterday

On Friday, June 4, at Hemet-Ryan Air Attack Base, Cal Fire put on display one of the 12 Sikorsky Fire Hawks it had built at a cost of $26 million each to replace an equal number of Hueys. Those Sikorskys have been deployed statewide as the danger from wildfires increases.

“We know fire season is a daily threat,” said Riverside County Supervisor Chuck Washington, observing the new and improved chopper

The helicopter and two air tankers at the Hemet base respond to fires and rescues in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange and Los Angeles counties.

Cal Fire meteorologists expect cooler conditions for the next month, until summer brings its usual scorching temperatures and low humidity.

“The last eight years, we said ‘That’s the worst fire season,’ but the year always ups itself,” said Capt. Richard Cordova, a Cal Fire spokesman. “Fires are moving quicker and at a more dangerous rate.”

Besides age, the Sikorskys’ advantages over the Hueys are numerous. They fly faster and farther, can carry more people and more water (1,000 gallons vs. 300) and can drop 1,000, 500 or 250 gallons at a time. They have two engines instead of one and can fly if one gives out, a feature not lost on Miller.

“To me, the big boast with this is being able to get these guys home safely,” Miller said, motioning to other firefighters on the tarmac.

Although Miller has been a Cal Fire pilot for less than two years, he and the Sikorsky — “My work wife,” said Miller, who is engaged — have a close relationship.

Miller, 43, grew up in Madison, Wisconsin, and graduated from the Air Force Academy. He flew combat and search and rescue missions for 14 years, evacuating troops while coming under gunfire and plucking people off rooftops after Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and the tsunami in Japan in 2011.

Miller worked as an airline pilot and flies in the Navy Reserves. Then he got the opportunity to join Cal Fire.

“The desire to serve the community has always been there,” he said. “It was a no-brainer.”

Miller and Copter 301 managed to make it through Friday’s event without having to leave for a fire. But it was just a matter of time. Cal Fire went to full seasonal staffing on Monday, Cordova said.

This year, for the second year in a row, a paid hand crew of 40 new firefighters will work out of Hemet-Ryan, helping to make up for the loss of inmate hand crew members who are tasked with building fire breaks and assisting during other disasters. Where once there were 4,000 available inmates statewide, now there are about 2,000 because of early releases due to COVID-19 and federally imposed capacity limits, Cordova said.

Cal Fire’s Riverside Unit still has crews at its Oak Glen, Norco and Bautista conservation camps, but there are fewer of them and only about 12 people per crew, down from the usual 15, Cordova said. Cal Fire hopes to add more professional hand crews, Cordova said.

For now, he said, “You’re going to see us spread kind of thin because of the shortage of inmates.”

Cordova encouraged residents to clear brush around their homes to give firefighters a realistic opportunity to save their property.