WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Miami building collapse - Holy shit.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 1020245
Pics reportedly from pool contractor days prior.
Water and scaling of concrete in pics

I’m in no way blaming the pool, but evidence of water damage one way or anotjer

As for intentional blast pressure (commercial explosives/ blasting caps.

Sorry,
That’s a minimum of 500 lbs. of HE and hundreds of yards of 100 grain det cord, at least 50 commercial caps minimum to start that type of structure failure.
Too many security cameras to not see that being brought in and placed

@Joker

What do you see in these pics??

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Joker

Reaction score
045BB183-9C37-4490-897E-65C70744533F.jpeg

this is all water intrusion from the ocean on our job in Newport. Same conditions.

Joker

Reaction score
So anything that would be worthy of a building falling down?
Yes, plus if their PT cables were failing that’s a big issue. Another project in Newport had the PT cables completely deteriorated to the point that only one strand was holding the cable together and the other 8 had failed. Did the owner fix them, no. Just patch and go.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yes, plus if their PT cables were failing that’s a big issue. Another project in Newport had the PT cables completely deteriorated to the point that only one strand was holding the cable together and the other 8 had failed. Did the owner fix them, no. Just patch and go.

What's a PT cable?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There is a novel series by Stephen King called The Dark Tower...

The main character is a gun slinger. Six shooter by his side, cowboy boots and all that.

But...

He exists in our future. He's walking around in his adventures and comes across relics like gas stations, amusement parks and all the things we have in our lives today, but, they are all rotted away.

Seems like this fictional story will definitely come true someday.

😔

mbrown2

Reaction score
Crazy...I was in South beach that morning it fell having breakfast when the news started making the rounds....can't imagine that happening... Lots of looking the other way...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I heard on John and Ken this afternoon that there was a couple on vacation in the pool at a facility next door to the condo and heard a loud noise. They walked next door and filmed excessive water flowing from the ground level units or parking garage. Said they had video footage they shared with authorities??? Building collapsed about 5 minutes later.
I quick Google search and I did find anything...

SoCalDave

Reaction score
A little update that may hamper any further rescue attempts.
The comments about our leader at the end is spot on.

Exactly one week after the Champlain Towers South building collapsed, rescue crews early Thursday stopped work amid concerns that the remaining structure could topple. Also, South Florida is bracing for the possible arrival of a tropical storm later in the week that could affect the site.

The new challenges arose Thursday as President Joe Biden prepares to visit Surfside to meet with rescue workers, console grieving families and deliver remarks about what could be one of the nation’s deadliest building collapses.

So far, rescuers have recovered the bodies of 18 people, and say another 145 remain missing. Late Wednesday, Miami-Dade police identified two sisters, 10-year-old Lucia Guara and 4-year-old Emma Guara, as the latest victims in the condo collapse. Their parents also died.

At the Collins Avenue site of the Surfside condo collapse, the massive rescue effort — featuring specialized emergency workers from around the country and as far away as Mexico and Israel — had been continuing around the clock, through stifling heat and frequent rain storms. But work reportedly stopped early Thursday morning after authorities voiced new, urgent concerns that the remaining structure of the 12-story Champlain Towers South could topple.

After 2 a.m., multiple police officers and rescue personnel said they were hearing warnings the vacant building was shifting and the new instability could lead to another collapse. That led to clearing people from the area around the rescue operation, they said.

A crane that had been used to move debris all evening was still as 3 a.m. approached. Multiple police officers said work on the collapse site had stopped and the area was cleared. “It’s on stand-by right now,” one officer said. The two buildings on either side of the Champlain South were evacuated shortly after the June 24 collapse.

Before 9 a.m., Miami-Dade Fire Rescue hadn’t officially confirmed the work stoppage, but search-and-rescue team member Maggie Castro said the county is expected to address the issue later in the morning. She did say the structural engineers that lead the Urban Search and Rescue team members use extremely sensitive tools that monitor any movement in the building, down to millimeters.

“It’s very accurate,” Castro said.

One of the tools used is called a crack gauge, which monitors any change in cracks on flat surfaces or corners. They also use at item called a total station, which measures vertical and horizontal angles and images by analyzing the slope between it and a specific point.

As for President Biden, he is scheduled to arrive in South Florida Thursday morning along with the first lady. Residents and officials are hoping that Biden’s visit offers comfort to the small condo community just north of Miami Beach, and the frustrated rescue workers piecing through the gigantic heap of twisted concrete and metal.
Not everyone was thrilled with Biden’s visit. Richard Silverstein, a Surfside resident whose fellow Shul of Bal Harbour congregants are among the missing, said the visit — one week after the partial condo collapse — comes “a little too late.”

“I think it’s going to impede and slow down the rescue efforts,” Silverstein said. “It is what it is.”

Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava, in a tweet Thursday morning, sought to allay such concerns, saying that the presidential visit “will have no impact on our search & rescue mission.”

SoCalDave

Reaction score

4Waters

Reaction score
Wow amazing that failed rusted rebar and concrete deterioration would actually have explosive dust exhausts.....

Mother nature failure..... yep... sure looks like it to me..... I dont even need a tin foil hat....

Hey anyone got some Covid-19...

Look at this, 2 seconds into the video, dust follows it.

Screenshot_20210705-103945_Chrome.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why would the government or anyone want to collapse this building in Miami? Mcafee?
I don’t believe it’s was brought down by a human act other than greed
The greed to not maintain a structure.
this should be a wake up call, it won’t but it should.

how about the building in San Francisco that’s sinking? It will collapse as well, gravity will when. Just how long

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Why would the government or anyone want to collapse this building in Miami? Mcafee?
I don’t believe it’s was brought down by a human act other than greed
The greed to not maintain a structure.
this should be a wake up call, it won’t but it should.

how about the building in San Francisco that’s sinking? It will collapse as well, gravity will when. Just how long

RR

As Traquer stated...
The remaining building was felled with controlled demolition ....

RIP, to all

GODBLESS AMERICA

Last edited:

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Well this thread took a real turn for the worse........

Rmarion...... Let us ALL know all your facts and knowledge on this event. You sound like an expert. It sounds like we sheep could learn something from someone as omnipotent as you (you might need to look that word up. Just guessing). Obviously my local news has been cheating me out of your facts and knowledge. Please keep us updated as often as you can! Thank You

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

Rmarion...... Let us ALL know all your facts and knowledge on this event. You sound like an expert. It sounds like we sheep could learn something from someone as omnipotent as you (you might need to look that word up. Just guessing). Obviously my local news has been cheating me out of your facts and knowledge. Please keep us updated as often as you can! Thank You

I can imagine the cycles being spent down there now. My sister lives in Del Rey and her association has been kicking the can on an under ground parking garage / landscape major issue on town houses. There are going to be a lot of come to Jesus talks here this month. Positive thoughts to you all down there.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score

C-ya..

Did you watch the video??

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
theres always 1
DB.... Covid-19 has attached my Common sense and tack..... (and filter)
I should of presented this video without my personal opinion added ..

RIP to all...

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
C-ya..

Did you watch the video??

The multiple videos are on every news station here. It’s been 12 days since we have had the National Nightly News, not get pre-empted with the multiple daily news conferences. My local paper had 8 condo related stories just in Sunday’s paper, while the opinion pages were completely condo related. There’s stories everyday. There have now been 2 other buildings condemned and the residents have had to leave. This is just the beginning. I assure you, it was no bomb or conspiracy, which nobody has wasted their time with that BS. People just want the truth. The information is completely leaning towards water intrusion, poor maintenance, and kicking repairs down the road. Those rules changed 12 days ago!

It also just so happens that my wife’s law firm has been retained to defend a case stemming from the collapse. That’s all I’ll say about that. But it pisses me off to hear anything that sounds like this is some sort of govt conspiracy...... give it a rest! That’s ridiculous!

riverroyal

Reaction score
Seeing the pics of the pool area and a pic of rebar in a conrete column this will not be gov anything.
Bad design, bad construction, bad maintenance.

Being a guy that loves documentaries about 'conspiracy' crap it would be fascinating.
But its going to be determind 100 plus lost their lives and had zero idea they were living in a time bomb.

Whomever owns that building or neglected repairs will be going to jail.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Thank you RPD... for addressing the current condition...

RIP to all parties...

Lumpy

Reaction score
View attachment 1020245
Pics reportedly from pool contractor days prior.
Water and scaling of concrete in pics

I’m in no way blaming the pool, but evidence of water damage one way or another

As for intentional blast pressure (commercial explosives/ blasting caps.

Sorry,
That’s a minimum of 500 lbs. of HE and hundreds of yards of 100 grain det cord, at least 50 commercial caps minimum to start that type of structure failure.
Too many security cameras to not see that being brought in and placed

Reported how long ago?
Looks like serious rebar bleeding out of the concrete above the Inteliichems..where are the pots at?
Would like to see detailed pics of that equipment room over time and documentation of all upgrades...when was this building built again?
Pumps on cinder blocks??? Thats a red flag along with black glue and a lot of other bullshit in that room. Would love to crawl all over that place
with a note pad...especially in that shit show of cinder block.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Reported how long ago?
Looks like serious rebar bleeding out of the concrete above the Inteliichems..where are the pots at?
Would like to see detailed pics of that equipment room over time and documentation of all upgrades...when was this building built again?
Pumps on cinder blocks??? Thats a red flag along with black glue and a lot of other bullshit in that room. Would love to crawl all over that place
with a note pad...especially in that shit show of cinder block.
The fox news report those pics were in was allegedly a few days before the collapse
Article saying that not I.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe that it implodes nice and neat verses falling over or partially falling over

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe that it implodes nice and neat verses falling over or partially falling over

It collapsed on to its self. Evidence will show the building had design flaws, which required constance maintenance. At some point, maintenance was neglected ( probably multiple times over 40 years), and got to the point the property was worthless ( 2008 ). Someone bought it, put lipstick on it, and sold them as condos a year later for $$300k.

I’ve stayed at a few places on Daytona beach, during the Daytona 500. Looking back, those buildings had a very thick coat of paint, and were more then likely 60-70 years old.

We also have thousands of highway bridges, with a couple major ones collapsing every year.

Next 50 years is going to be very expensive repair bill. 😏

Last edited:

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
It collapsed on to its self. Evidence will show the building had design flaws, which required constance maintenance. At some point, maintenance was neglected ( probably multiple times over 40 years), and got to the point the property was worthless ( 2008 ). Someone bought it, put lipstick on it, and sold them as condos a year later for $$300k.

I’ve stayed at a few places on Daytona beach, during the Daytona 500. Looking back, those buildings had a very thick coat of paint, and were more then likely 60-70 years old.

We also have thousands of highway bridges, with a couple major ones collapsing every year.

Next 50 years is going to be very expensive repair bill. [emoji57]
I understand the lack of maintenance. But I still find it hard to believe it just folds up like that.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said Sunday that 90 deaths have now been confirmed in the collapse of the 12-story Champlain Towers South in Surfside, up from 86 a day before.

Among them are 71 bodies that have been identified, and their families have been notified, she said. Some 31 people remain listed as missing.

Levine Cava also said the unrelenting search amid the rubble has resulted in the recovery of over 14 million pounds of concrete and debris.

JBZ

Reaction score
Very thorough explanation

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
How come concrete that the ancient romans used is still solid to this day, but the concrete we use lasts a few decades at most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
How come concrete that the ancient romans used is still solid to this day, but the concrete we use lasts a few decades at most?

Not sure what areas you are referring to. But we drill hangers in old buildings all thru out So Cal without hardly any issues to support our pipes. I was kind of worried installing 400' of 8" schedule #40 filled with water in a parking garage in a 50 year old building a couple months ago. o_O No issues. 👍

Reactions: DWC

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Not sure what areas you are referring to. But we drill hangers in old buildings all thru out So Cal without hardly any issues to support our pipes. I was kind of worried installing 400' of 8" schedule #40 filled with water in a parking garage in a 50 year old building a couple months ago. o_O No issues. [emoji106]

The first post is a good start.

But I read articles like this…

…and it seems 50-100 years is about the limit for modern concrete?

grumpy88

Reaction score

No unions 😲 ! I am just kidding ! Haha

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

I'd say the rebar rusting expands and cracks the concrete prematurely.