WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Miami trip

beerrun

Reaction score
Headed to Miami bringing some carnie asada for C YA
20210420_115323.jpg

beerrun

Reaction score
They got the guy off the plane two doctors with him at landing. They did not make the doctors go back to their seats.
20210420_180940.jpg

beerrun

Reaction score
Refueling and out of here but the sheep will not sit down
20210420_182642.jpg

beerrun

Reaction score
No social distancing on this plane we are 10 wide and full

beerrun

Reaction score
They are all fueled up but they ordered snacks so here we sit

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I’ll be there next weekend! Watching this thread

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Keep it coming [emoji1690]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
What area are you staying in? We stayed in Coconut Grove and really enjoyed it.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
No social distancing on this plane we are 10 wide and full
Been like that for the last 12 months and yet not 1 documented case of anyone getting Covid-19 on an airline. Hmmmm.

Enjoy Miami - might be going to St. Pete this summer for vacation.

beerrun

Reaction score
So we got down to the keys for lunch and decided we didn't want to drive back to Miami so we rented a house.its easily a million dollar house on the water for 200.00 couldn't pass that deal up left everything in Miami. We stopped and bought toothbrushes and washed our clothes in the house. Its fun when we have no schedule.
20210422_090418.jpg
20210422_090413.jpg

LHCBOY

Reaction score
I will make a recommendation, instead of turning left at the Shell in Key Largo continue up to North Key Largo and stop at Alabama Jacks. Great bar in Card Sound in the mangroves. Also awesome Conch Fritters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beerrun

Reaction score
Upgrade on the wife's atocha ship wreck coin double size up and new gold chain its with diamonds and sapphire

Attachments

• 20210422_131246.jpg
    20210422_131246.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 73

beerrun

Reaction score
Wow short trip but lots of fun. Thank you so much to the C YAs for all their hospitality. We left the keys at 6am got to our room in Hallandale at 930 am we regrouped and headed to the C YAs John was waiting for us and took us upstairs to their condo overlooking the intercoastal WOW what a view. We got right to the boat John had it fueled and stocked with snacks and drinks and off we went for a once-in-a-lifetime tour 12 hours of nonstop boating. The houses are amazing the water warm and blue we even went out into the big blue that was an adventure by its self. We went to pick up Mrs C YA and headed to dinner by boat of course. Dinner was great company was great the day was great and the boat ride back after dark was amazing too.C YA even took the time to take us house shopping by boat of course. Then back to their house they would not let us help clean the boat or buy fuel. We hope they know how much we enjoyed our day. Finally we sat on their deck and watched the last few boats headed home and it was time for us to go. If any of you are in so Florida for the look them you will not regret it thanks again C YA . PS they like carnie asada 😁

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Wow short trip but lots of fun. Thank you so much to the C YAs for all their hospitality. We left the keys at 6am got to our room in Hallandale at 930 am we regrouped and headed to the C YAs John was waiting for us and took us upstairs to their condo overlooking the intercoastal WOW what a view. We got right to the boat John had it fueled and stocked with snacks and drinks and off we went for a once-in-a-lifetime tour 12 hours of nonstop boating. The houses are amazing the water warm and blue we even went out into the big blue that was an adventure by its self. We went to pick up Mrs C YA and headed to dinner by boat of course. Dinner was great company was great the day was great and the boat ride back after dark was amazing too.C YA even took the time to take us house shopping by boat of course. Then back to their house they would not let us help clean the boat or buy fuel. We hope they know how much we enjoyed our day. Finally we sat on their deck and watched the last few boats headed home and it was time for us to go. If any of you are in so Florida for the look them you will not regret it thanks again C YA . PS they like carnie asada 😁

Being a full patch member of RDP does have its privileges........

We had a great time boating with Mr and Mrs Beerrun. Mr Beerrun reached out to me on this website when they booked their trip to South Florida. My wife and I were more than happy to take them boating for the day. We moved away from the Parker\Havasu weekend fun when we moved to Florida so it is nice to reminisce about those places. An extra added bonus what that the Beerrun family has a long past in off roading, which is my 2nd favorite hobby. Too bad there is not much 4-wheeling where I live, but the boating is 5 star.

We started the day by slow cruising to Lake Boca in Boca Raton. We hit a few canals along the way in Lighthouse Point just for fun. While anchored at Lake Boca I was surprised to find out that the Beerrun‘s had never heard the song “Beerrun” so of course I had to play it. It’s a funny song. It reminds me of the song ”The Streak” from the 70’s. Here is the song. I warn you in advance that this jingle will be stuck in your head all day if you dare to listen to it! Lol

After Lake Boca we headed North to Atlantic bridge in Delray Beach. We cruised some canals and had great conversation. As we headed back South, Mrs Beerrun took over my boat. It was not her first rodeo and she was a pro. When we came back to Lake Boca, it was a little windy, but we still decided to take a peak out the inlet. It was rough, windy, and white capping. I turned around and told them that my boat could handle the weather, but that it would be far from a smooth ride. Not wanting to miss the experience, the Beerrun’s were game to give it a try, so we turned around and went for it. Just to give an example of the conditions, we only saw 2, maybe 3 other boats, when usually, there are too many boats to count. Nobody was fishing. We had to close all the windows and slugged away towards Hillsboro inlet at approx 20mph. We did catch a wave off our port beam that seemed to end up in the cockpit but it really just got the upholstery all wet. Now when we got to Hillsboro Inlet...... it was fully breaking waves on each side of the entrance. It looked worse than it actually was, but it Was perfect for giving an example of what it is really like boating in South Florida. It’s not always flat outside. I think we all enjoyed it because it did have an element of excitement and danger. You certainly did not want to miss the entrance.

Afterwards, we had a little bit of time to kill before my wife could join us, so we went house shopping in the Pompano Beach canals. After picking up my wife, we headed south by intracoastal to The Southport Raw Bar in Fort Lauderdale for dinner. After dinner, it was dark, so we cruised back to our home while seeing the intracoastal all lit up at night. My wife and I love this type of cruising and the Beerruns enjoyed it too. cruising by Shooters, Flip Flops, Kaluz, and other waterfront establishments.

When we got back to our dock, the Beerruns wanted to help clean our boat, which was totally nice of them, but I did not want to do it in the dark, nor did I feel like it, so we went up on our balcony, chatted and watched the boats cruise by. Their hotel was 40 minutes from our home so at around 11pm, we called it a night.

This is the 2nd time we have done this for RDP members. We enjoy it and are willing to do it for others on this site. Be for-warned that we like to reminisce about Parker and Havasu and all the great times we had there over the many years in which that was part of our lives. So if you are planning a trip to South Florida, reach out to us, and we will take you boating for the day.

I also told the Beerrun’s early on........ that I would send a bill to Riverdave for any expenses occurred! lol

Last edited:

X-rated

Reaction score
My mouth waters every time I think about Florida boating! Been plenty of times but only had the opportunity to get on the water a couple times in a water taxi. Would love to hook up with you next November when we'll be hanging around South FL for a month or so.