WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Michigan high school shooting

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
No mention of this here yet?
Thing that stuck out to me is the parents immediately hire an attorney and tell the kid to not talk to the cops.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Sad deal.

It says a handgun was used. Already does not fit the narrative.

Kid’s parents already got him a lawyer.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Parents probably had an idea this might happen? Plan in place...

HST4ME

Reaction score
Last thing this state needed. RIP to the three kids.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
It’s not a gun problem it’s a mental health problem and until they stop giving out trophies it’s not going away. It’s sad that they hide behind the guns and blame them with the truth is we can only keep rewarding mental health problems for so long and I’m not going to go into what I think constitutes mental health problems. I’ll leave that to the p&g section.

WYRD

Reaction score
RIP to the students, such a sad deal.

I wonder how many school shootings would still happen if the shooter knew every teacher had a gun on their hip? Since there’s only one way to stop a bad guy with a gun, a good guy with a gun.
While this may work for some of our more competent teachers no way in hell would I condone every teacher being issued a gun they are some of the most liberal dumbfucks I've ever met

riverroyal

Reaction score
who's to blame, well thats a question that will spark arguments. Young humans only know video games, tech, social media. The human brain has not advanced as fast as this last 20 years has. Emotions, reality, thought comprehension, face to face communication skills...all lost.
Sure there were shootings before and nothing was done to then. Unfortunately nothing will done now.
Mental illness is getting worse, why? My opinion is humans are get short circuited, the brain is losing the race.

Im not a gun guy, Im not afraid of them. Im fine with people having them, doesnt bother me. Its just not my thing for anything above protection. The gun is not the problem, never has been.

Cdog

Reaction score
Young men with no purpose and feel they have nothing to loose. Sad.... Learning to code, ethnic woman's studies, tic tok and insta profiles don't appeal to many.

If you're a white male teen right now the world must be pretty confusing. Everything is your fault, Your sisters are making more than your parents showing their butt hole on Only fans, you are "privileged" yet nothing is free like it is for all the "special" people.

This has been going on for a while yes, Perhaps we've been missing it this whole time.

Idle hands make the devils work.

Bring back trade schools.

Sometimes kids are just broken though.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Young men with no purpose and feel they have nothing to loose. Sad.... Learning to code, ethnic woman's studies, tic tok and insta profiles don't appeal to many.

If you're a white male teen right now the world must be pretty confusing. Everything is your fault, Your sisters are making more than your parents showing their butt hole on Only fans, you are "privileged" yet nothing is free like it is for all the "special" people.

This has been going on for a while yes, Perhaps we've been missing it this whole time.

Idle hands make the devils work.

Bring back trade schools.

Sometimes kids are just broken though.
nailed it.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Interesting I can't find a picture of the shooter???

It will be interesting to learn what drugs he's on or trying to get off.

90%+ of these mass shootings involve prescription drugs.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
As per the usual narrative there will be no mention of the common denominator in these cases that 95 percent are on ssri’s.

BingerFang

Reaction score
While this may work for some of our more competent teachers no way in hell would I condone every teacher being issued a gun they are some of the most liberal dumbfucks I've ever met

While I’m not disagreeing with you, my solution is that it should be part of their curriculum to become a teacher or should be mandated if you are already a teacher. 5-day gun handling class to get certified with a 1 day refresher every year. Teachers can legally own a gun, why not force them to properly be able to handle a gun that they could defend a child with someday?

It’s not the perfect solution I get it, but this scares the crap out of me and I don’t have kids (yet).

riverroyal

Reaction score
As per the usual narrative there will be no mention of the common denominator in these cases that 95 percent are on ssri’s.
and the SSRI is prescribed because the brain is not developed to todays technology , its decades behind, generations behind...

BajaT

Reaction score
Students said he was bullied. Dad just bought gun Friday. Perhaps pops should be in the cell next to son? How did shooter get access to the gun? A minor cannot possess handgun in MI unless supervised by an adult. Hold reckless gun owners accountable and perhaps it will be a little more difficult for a mentally disturbed minor to possess firearms......

Cdog

Reaction score
Students said he was bullied. Dad just bought gun Friday. Perhaps pops should be in the cell next to son? How did shooter get access to the gun? A minor cannot possess handgun in MI unless supervised by an adult. Hold reckless gun owners accountable and perhaps it will be a little more difficult for a mentally disturbed minor to possess firearms......
If true. Dad fail. String both of the up and light them on fire.

Nordie

Reaction score
Is it pretty uncommon for schools not having 2 police officers at each school?

In Vegas we have a school district police department, and always had two armed cops at each school riding bikes around campus. My senior year me and some friends took pictures with our 2 cops because we ended up with tickets and 1st name basis with them. They were actually pretty cool guys.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Students said he was bullied.
And this is exactly why teachers, administrators need to man up and DO something about this before someone like this guy gets out of control.
Often, the kid (and parents) of the kid being bullied getting pushed more than the actual assholes.
I go back to what I've said here before, schools need a few people in control that can scare students (physically) if necessary.
I'm not taking about having a cop in the school.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Thank you!
“Mental health” is a catch all for strung the fuck out.

Big Pharma is doing everything possible to disavow this connection.

The medical field is right behind them worried about cutting off easy money they are making prescribing every kid with hurt feelings xanax/ paxil or other SSRI's.

Their hilarious claim is that this is somehow private information - you go on a msss shooting spree you've sacrificed your rights to any privacy.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Yup.

In this case they've somehow managed to keep the kids picture hidden.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Big Pharma is doing everything possible to disavow this connection.

The medical field is right behind them worried about cutting off easy money they are making prescribing every kid with hurt feelings xanax/ paxil or other SSRI's.

Their hilarious claim is that this is somehow private information - you go on a msss shooting spree you've sacrificed your rights to any privacy.

Seung hui Cho is the poster boy for therapy induced psychosis. The absolute standard for showing just how fucked up a person can be made with irresponsible diagnosis treatment.
Since a child he was told over and over how he was not responsible for his actions because he suffered from depression and his so called illness was reinforced over and over in compounding fashion until he snapped and killed 32 or so.

A5E61AFF-0B03-4518-B414-E178B12B877F.jpeg

Makes me ill when I hear how poor little Johnny was “bullied” and needed Ritalin to cope with the big bad pressures of fucking high school.
Please.

riverroyal

Reaction score
You will never stop bullies from doing it. But schools can make it better. Both of my sons went to a public school, but it was a lottery to get in. The school model is 100% acceptance of all types and colors, sex, confused sex, it didnt matter. All school work is done as a team, you worked in groups. This breaks down the bully crap. The kids might not like each other, but they relied on each other for success. if you are that bully kid and there is a anonymous report your are thrown out. No excuses. We saw it happen.
Huge schools, over crowding, lack of 'teaching' and kids that are struggling in their heads get lost. Its a tragic cycle that our grand kids kids will live with.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My opinion, and it’s only my opinion, is that anything that upsets a kid is construed as being bullied. Even way back when I was in school bullying for real was not a big deal.
Far more kids stood up for the weaker kids than bullied them. There was a real bully or two, they quickly found themselves the odd ones out.
Hurt feelings aren’t the same as being bullied for real.
We’ve taught todays youth how to be fragile, and the only answer is for them to snap.
We’ve ingrained that thought process into them as a whole.
Further coddling seems counterproductive.

riverroyal

Reaction score
further coddling is unproductive. Unfortunately the damage is done. That ingrained thought process is not going away.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Thoughts on metal detectors to get on campus? It isn’t pretty, but this isn’t going away anytime soon.

Taboma

Reaction score
While I’m not disagreeing with you, my solution is that it should be part of their curriculum to become a teacher or should be mandated if you are already a teacher. 5-day gun handling class to get certified with a 1 day refresher every year. Teachers can legally own a gun, why not force them to properly be able to handle a gun that they could defend a child with someday?

It’s not the perfect solution I get it, but this scares the crap out of me and I don’t have kids (yet).

Oh here, allow me to edit this comment just a smidgen.

" Teachers can legally own a gun, why not force them to properly be able to handle a gun that they could defend a child with someday, by being forced by circumstances to shoot another child ? "

This is NOT what teachers signed up for. Just training somebody how to use a gun, does not train them to shoot another human, let alone a young person.
In one scenario, teacher is armed, physically superior student who feels he has nothing to lose for whatever reason, confronts the nice teacher, forcing her to either shoot him before he gets his hands on her, or face being disarmed and now the student has your weapon.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
When my oldest started h school they had a summer pre school mixer to get kids started. My freshman son had a junior make him his target. Guy kept on him during the dance and my son, who’s a little short tempered( don’t know where he gets it🙄) let go and punched his nose and lip open. Bitchen, school hasn’t started and already thrown out. But was backed up by friends and a chaperone and other guy got tossed. Point of story is now he had cred and didn’t get fucked with all through hi school.
Wouldn’t happen now.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
When my oldest started h school they had a summer pre school mixer to get kids started. My freshman son had a junior make him his target. Guy kept on him during the dance and my son, who’s a little short tempered( don’t know where he gets it🙄) let go and punched his nose and lip open. Bitchen, school hasn’t started and already thrown out. But was backed up by friends and a chaperone and other guy got tossed. Point of story is now he had cred and didn’t get fucked with all through hi school.
Wouldn’t happen now.

Usually when we’d punch someone we’d end up being friends afterwards.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
How about felony charges for parents whose weapons are used (in murder sprees) by their kids ?
Possibly if it's grossly negligent. For the majority of circumstances, I'd say everyone is responsible for their own actions.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lets discuss.

I tweaked the statement for a bit of clarity on my thought.

My general premise is that removing personal responsibility and consequences from kids lives is the overall catalyst for much of these types of acts.
Every state in the union already has safe gun storage laws.
Turning parents into felons because babycakes steals the key to the gun cabinet goes against every aspect of addressing the issue in my opinion.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
If true. Dad fail. String both of the up and light them on fire.
agreed....guns aren't the problem dumb ass people are.

my son is competent with a gun and doesent seem to have any mental health issues but there is no way in hell i would ever let my child hacve accesses to weapons without me being there.

Nothing good comes out of youngsters with un supervised weapons.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
After Parkland happened I said that there should be at least two K9 cops at each school. A dog will quickly neutralize a shooter.

Not being argumentative but how do ya figure?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Not being argumentative but how do ya figure?

You ever seen a dog get turned loose on a guy with a weapon. That dog could take 3 rounds and you are still getting fucked up and the problem neutralized.

Pissed off Belgian Malinois is something you never want to encounter i swear they find happiness in hurting people...lol

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
We live in a weird world.....

Think back to how hard it was to be a dork or nerd in junior high or highschool without getting attention from females in the 80's and 90's and multiply that by a million with social media. Now turn on the news where all you hear about is how shitty the world is. Now throw in asshole parents or a divorce situation and little johnny absolutely hates this world and has nothing to loose and goes bonkers.

These kids that have these issues aren't hanging out with great parents at the lake in there new nordic or riding in the dirt with the family in the rzr. Parents are doing a shit job.

Cdog

Reaction score
agreed....guns aren't the problem dumb ass people are.

my son is competent with a gun and doesent seem to have any mental health issues but there is no way in hell i would ever let my child hacve accesses to weapons without me being there.

Nothing good comes out of youngsters with un supervised weapons.

Sad part is we now live in a society that puts more effort into offsetting responsibility than research into root cause and real solutions. Many will blame the inanimate objects while thinking they have the solution.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sad part is we now live in a society that puts more effort into offsetting responsibility than research into root cause and real solutions. Many will blame the inanimate objects while thinking they have the solution.

Wash, rinse and repeat.
or prescribe more pills....