WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mid west Eliminator

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Rhonda and I traveled to the Bay are 2 weeks back to meet the customer who towed this boat all the way from the midwest ! were honored to do this resto and repair work and yet another Drake jet to Berk conversion , the Drake "works" according to the owner but he wants the Berk style upgrades ,The Drake is a beefy kind of strange deal with a story all its own , this particular pump has a huge "loading trough" added to it on the intake ,for the life of me I can see how it got down the lake ? more to follow ....Tom
100_1808.jpg

100_1811.jpg

100_1780.jpg

DSC01648.jpg
100_1777.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What do you mean "loading through?"

Are you saying there's a wing plate below the intake grate, and nothing behind it? Just helps to keep water flowing across the grate kinda deal?

RD

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
What do you mean "loading through?"

Are you saying there's a wing plate below the intake grate, and nothing behind it? Just helps to keep water flowing across the grate kinda deal?

RD

Dave The "plate deal" you see is a "closed scoop" to feed the intake and by rights should have been dangerous to the point where it probably wanted to toss the drivers and passengers over the dash on decel , The owners says the boat actually handles quite well ... hmmmm?

Heres some "progress pics' from this week ,a small Jet Pump setback/Berk conversion with Droop,ride plate,shoe Place diverter and some of Josh's pump magic ..
DSC01654.jpg

Berk mock up
DSC01708.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

Last edited:

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Heres some pics from earlier this week from the Drake exorcism ..
DSC01863.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do you ever go out and try the boats before dissassembling them?

In looking at it, I thought it was just a scoop with no back to it.. I was thinking it was kind of clever to help keep the pump loaded in rough water.

If there was a back on that deal, then I would think the same! You slow down and it'd be wanting to go every which way but straight.. LOL

RD

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Dave ,the answer is "sometimes" ,a few years back we had a guy with a 23' "Outlaw" (sleekcraft clone)The owner swore that bout would do and involentary "u-turn" if "asked" to make a slight R or L correction at 45mph ...we have video to prove he was right !!! With this boat, we limited on time and didn't "pretest" but your right it HAD to have Mad decel problems Were about to "QC" test it before its trip back to "Cowboy country" (we'll have Video) Tom
heres the latest on this boat ..
Before
100_1777.jpg

after
DSC02019.jpg

new Guages
DSC02022.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What's the story on those guages? Did you machine the front bezels for them? Or is that some different kind of guage I've never seen before?

RD

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
The rings come on the guages that way there made by the company that makes equis , I sold about a dozen sets this year ,everybody liked them they come with senders ,fittings etc , pretty decent for under $2 hundy, candy coated rings are our house brand Tom
BTW we wet tested this boat today , super nice ! worked beyond our expectations , PLUS we were lucky enough to get a real cool Quagga inspection by Ranger Yogi :D Pics and Vid to follow (after i edit for language)