WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midwest Farm Tour 2.0

snowhammer

Reaction score
Thanks @snowhammer . Not as big as it looks. Back in ‘81 when it was built it was state of the art, but today it should be half again as big with sidewalls 6 feet taller and bigger doors. 66x100 does well though

Lp radiant heaters. You can see the reflectors on the top of the photo with the new cart. Heating the concrete floors with those, even in weather conditions like we currently have, opening the doors to get equipment in and out, moments after the doors are closed, you can’t tell they were ever opened.
I have radiant in my shop as well. The only downside is when I wash trucks and equipment the humidity builds up. I run a box fan on low to keep the air circulating.

That is a good looking grain cart, local mfr. Those things are hard on tires it seems.

Do you self perform maintenance on your tractors? I have heard that it is more difficult to do, as in a computer is required.

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
I have radiant in my shop as well. The only downside is when I wash trucks and equipment the humidity builds up. I run a box fan on low to keep the air circulating.

That is a good looking grain cart, local mfr. Those things are hard on tires it seems.

Do you self perform maintenance on your tractors? I have heard that it is more difficult to do, as in a computer is required.
We do most all our own maintenance on most all our equipment. You’re right with the technology we have to get the service department from the dealership to come out. They have a couple guys that are beyond good at their job.

I commented once to him about my years of seat time experience being a benefit if I ever wanted a new career as a equipment salesman. His response was yes, I would be, and for a lot longer than him going the other way. Without the proprietary technology he has access to as a tech, he would be basically useless to a farmer in about six months diagnostics wise. His work ethic I’d hire him in a heartbeat, but I’d be standing in line behind all his other customers too.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Added a new tractor to the fleet this week. Was gonna add a two track model, but this one I believe will be more versatile. We shall see with time.
View attachment 962239
That's cool what are the advantages of having those tracks instead of wheels? Can you go on the road or do you trailer to your field? Probably stupid questions but the only experience I have is with a JD riding lawn mower. 😁

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
That's cool what are the advantages of having those tracks instead of wheels? Can you go on the road or do you trailer to your field? Probably stupid questions but the only experience I have is with a JD riding lawn mower. 😁
No stupid questions here. Point of the whole show is to be informative and enjoyable. Won’t know if ya don’t ask.

Yes, we can use it just like a standard wheel tractor on the roads. Actually should do less damage to road surfaces as there is less weight per square inch with the tracks. A little rougher ride, but still has pretty darn good suspension. The advantage over tires is the floatation and reduced compaction. Even in dry conditions these should “float” over the ground with less rutting and compaction, while putting more horsepower on the ground, using less power to do the same job, thus less fuel—in theory. In our sandy soils, when in heavy pulling situations, we see “power hop” with tires, and the damn things will bounce like a rubber ball. This won’t, but for most applications, this isn’t the main reason for going to the tracks With this particular tractor.
Kinda looking forward to putting it in the dirt to see how it does. And how it pulls that cart this fall.