Midwest Post Hor Thread

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Current situation.
B011EE0E-1C96-4876-B8D7-9837A4D816D6.jpeg

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Green trees equal green lakes. Lake Elsinore has a tree lined lake shore. :)
Green trees equal green lakes. Lake Elsinore has a tree lined lake shore. :)

20190809_155630.jpg

Ummmmm..... maybe in your neck of the woods. That's the sand bottom that's visible. Water isn't green bud.

Lay off the electric lettuce...:D:D:D

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Damn Hula, Those are some cool pics. I've been out on michigan a few times in a few different boats but never by myself. What an awesome trip. :cool:
Thanks for sharing.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Damn Hula, Those are some cool pics. I've been out on michigan a few times in a few different boats but never by myself. What an awesome trip. :cool:
Thanks for sharing.
Poptart and I are just getting started on going through all the pics.
She's never been across the big bridge much less boated on the big lakes. It was quite the trip for us both. I've got a list of things the boat needs, and we're talking about the places that will be visited next summer. She always plans her vacations to have 10-12 days off in July and August so that really opens up the opportunities to make an extended trip. Having the ability to wait a day or two so the weather cooperates is a very big advantage.

Weather looked good for a dip in superior so we gambled the wind would be minimal.

Made a bet and won. :)

Headless hula

Reaction score
I need to add a grab handle on the side panel for her to hang onto. On the trip from Lake Charlevoix to Elk Rapids, her ass left the seat a few times. Also need a little box with a tongs, few pieces of silverware, paper plates and a little bottle of dish soap. There are grills at every marina we stayed at, and cooking out saves $$$$ to spend on fuel. ;)
Great trip to shakedown what we didn't need aboard and what we were lacking.

Camping on the boat is unbeatable, and we both slept better than on land.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I need to add a grab handle on the side panel for her to hang onto. On the trip from Lake Charlevoix to Elk Rapids, her ass left the seat a few times. Also need a little box with a tongs, few pieces of silverware, paper plates and a little bottle of dish soap. There are grills at every marina we stayed at, and cooking out saves $$$$ to spend on fuel. ;)
Great trip to shakedown what we didn't need aboard and what we were lacking.

Camping on the boat is unbeatable, and we both slept better than on land.

That is what I miss most about having a big V bottom is the ability to just pull over anywhere, set an anchor and have a home for the night! I really enjoy the cats, but I think my next program will be back to a V with a small cabin!

Headless hula

Reaction score
This day 6 years ago poptarts father passed away. I've been reminded quite often by poptart and her mother Marilyn that Bob would've loved to hang around the "hula hut".

I spent a fair amount of time cleaning up my pickup to take Marilyn and poptart to go visit the headstone.

Cheers Bob. Would've loved to have had the opportunity to meet you.

I hope I'm doing a good job of treating your daughter and widow right.
20190816_175647.jpg

We're raising our glasses to Bob this evening. From my understanding, he was an ornery cuss just like his youngest daughter. :):):)

Headless hula

Reaction score
@Headless hula it was great hanging with my friend! We did not get to go over the bridge with you but I got a great pic from the bottom side ;) View attachment 787899
199 feet above the water to the road deck.
Longest cable span in the western hemisphere. Theres lots of fun figures and facts to research about the "mighty mac"..., but I'll let the readers do their own research.

The bridge over the straights of mackinac is a sight to behold.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Btw.... its pronounced mackinaw.... spelled mackinac.....

At least I think so.....:p:p:p:p:p

Just don't confuse a pastie with a pastie.... :p:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ones for lunch, the other.. well. I guess COULD be for lunch?:confused::confused:o_Oo_Oo_O:D:D:D:D

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Hula, glad you are using your boat EXACTLY how you intended to use it when you built it. Epic trip, my friend.

Looks like you and Poptart enjoyed all your venues, and glad we were able to participate in your birthday festivities with the StressEliminator and crew. I’m pretty sure you’ll remember the go-karts for a while :D

Headless hula

Reaction score
Hula, glad you are using your boat EXACTLY how you intended to use it when you built it. Epic trip, my friend.

Looks like you and Poptart enjoyed all your venues, and glad we were able to participate in your birthday festivities with the StressEliminator and crew. I’m pretty sure you’ll remember the go-karts for a while :D
All we have for evidence is blurry pics poptart took with my chitty cell phone....
20190808_202022.jpg
20190808_202023(0).jpg
20190808_202023.jpg
20190808_202048.jpg
20190808_202023(1).jpg

I know I told ya 10 times that night, and probably another 10 more the next day, but I haven't laughed so hard in my entire life....

I've also never consumed so much chocolate cake and ice cream.... holy hell....

What a RIOT!!!!!!

Headless hula

Reaction score
Of all the adventures thatve taken place in the last 2 weeks, this is probably my favorite image of the whole mess.
20190809_155628.jpg

Not this one, of the kryptonite hauling ass down grand traverse bay,
28135.jpeg

Or this one, of poptart standing on the bow while anchored up at the dunes west of Grand Marais.
20190815_091804.jpg

But, the first one in this post. We figured it out, got it wet. Rafted up on Lake Tomahawk. Thats the one I've been waiting for. :)

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
All the pictures on the water, the mentions of the small towns in my home state, have me missing home. Such a beautiful place. I wish I could have had you meet some of my family around Bellaire (Torch Lake), you would have enjoyed each other’s company.

Amazing trip...thank you for sharing.

Headless hula

Reaction score
All the pictures on the water, the mentions of the small towns in my home state, have me missing home. Such a beautiful place. I wish I could have had you meet some of my family around Bellaire (Torch Lake), you would have enjoyed each other’s company.

Amazing trip...thank you for sharing.
Sorry, it's a one way gate leaving. :D

I always enjoy a trip to my neighbors to the east. ;)

Been there a few times now.:cool:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Of all the adventures that've taken place in the last 2 weeks, this is probably my favorite image of the whole mess. View attachment 787975
But, the first one in this post. We figured it out, got it wet. Rafted up on Lake Tomahawk. That's the one I've been waiting for. :)

I thought the same thing knowing how hard both of you worked to get to that point. The reward is priceless. :cool:

The pic of poptart on the bow is damn cool as well. ;)

Headless hula

Reaction score
I have to figure out how to follow you on this trip some day.
Easy! Get a boat worthy of the great lakes on a calm day and grab your credit card!!!

Easy peasy man!!

Fuel and marina charges are cheap compared to an assisted living facility.

You only die once. You live every day. :cool:

Blue Oval

Reaction score
199 feet above the water to the road deck.
Longest cable span in the western hemisphere. Theres lots of fun figures and facts to research about the "mighty mac"..., but I'll let the readers do their own research.

The bridge over the straights of mackinac is a sight to behold.
Just do not attempt to drive over it with a Yugo. Google Yugo and Mackinaw Bridge. I think her name was Leslie Plewham or something. RIP.

RichL

Reaction score
Easy! Get a boat worthy of the great lakes on a calm day and grab your credit card!!!

Easy peasy man!!

Fuel and marina charges are cheap compared to an assisted living facility.

You only die once. You live every day. :cool:
Ahhh. So the answer is credit card. I knew I was missing something. :D

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
The BIL was up from Baltimore for a long weekend, so we invited him to go for a boat ride with us. He accepted so we went about 30 minutes east to Winneconne (just up the water from Hula) and ran over through Oshkosh to Stretch’s to see what hardware was floating out there.

On the way I saw a crop duster doing its acrobatics ahead of us and had my wife cue up her phone. She did a great job of catching it right in front of us. If you’re not from the area they could freak you out a bit.

A6523794-F505-4010-B11C-08EECD44A0C8.jpeg

This was our trip path for the day; nothing fancy. Cruised at 50-60 on the river, 35-50 in the lake depending on waves.

3CEA8B79-0FAB-4E4A-9B91-4FF38C16794C.jpeg

Grilled brats, Italian sausages and hot dogs at the in-laws for supper. Apparently the dogs had enough swimming and were ready to go home.:D

04FBDFB8-1F17-4556-9B0C-36D1B0D1A318.jpeg

sonicss31

Reaction score
The Pride of Baltimore has been hanging in town all weekend. To bad there timing was off. It would have really made Pirate Festival a blast View attachment 788719

That really cool. If you didn’t know, that vessel is the 2nd one to represent Baltimore. The first one was lost at sea in the lower hemisphere about 15/20 years ago.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Changed the oil in the 400 today. Pretty easy as far as service goes. I was nervous that the upside down mounted oil filter would make a mess, but not a drop was spilled.

7 liters of fresh oil and a new filter. Done!

HST4ME

Reaction score
In pic # 1 --- did you give him two short blasts before overtaking on his port side ? :rolleyes: :D Great pics, where were theses taken ?
Saginaw River ... We get some big stone boats up here. The water behind them is "interesting" at 80-90 mph im a 17 foot boat lol