WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midwest Post Hor Thread

TripleB

Reaction score
We put in a low ball offer on the place Sean looked at, they have 5 days to respond

brownsuger

Reaction score
We put in a low ball offer on the place Sean looked at, they have 5 days to respond

That's the way to get the ball rolling..... and you never know they might take it...

A buddy of mine offered $600K cash for a house south of town that appraised at 1.2 mil..... and they took it. Obviously they were hurting for cash... but still...

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Simple but solid approach.
I buy online now. Back in the day of driving to the auctions, I would set a number in my head and not go over it. When they got over my number I would walk away. They have people on the floor trying to pull bids. There are several people that can’t control them self’s and keep raising their hand. The other trick is to run the price up with a phantom bid. I drove them nuts when I walked away. As Brook’s said. Stick with your number, if it doesn’t work, walk away .

TripleB

Reaction score
I went to a farm auction, they had a 50hp IH with loader bucket that I was willing to spend $5000 on, bids were going back and forth and I think they were taking a phantom bid, price hit $5000 and the auctioneer looks to me for my bid which I said The 5k bid was mine, he said no, so I turned around and started walking away, the people almost started chasing me, they finally asked for a bid and I bid $5001, next words were SOLD!

brownsuger

Reaction score
I went to a farm auction, they had a 50hp IH with loader bucket that I was willing to spend $5000 on, bids were going back and forth and I think they were taking a phantom bid, price hit $5000 and the auctioneer looks to me for my bid which I said The 5k bid was mine, he said no, so I turned around and started walking away, the people almost started chasing me, they finally asked for a bid and I bid $5001, next words were SOLD!

I've never been big on auctions, when I was a kid one of the local auctioneers would have my dad (and others) come to his auctions and run the bids up.... So my dad drug me along with him.... I learned early how auctions work.... lol

TripleB

Reaction score
Went to another farm auction to look at and bid on a tractor, while waiting for the tractor to come up for bid they sold a 1970 1/2 ton pickup for $200, and it was in nice shape. But I just sat there like a moron with my finger in my ear waiting.:)

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
Went to another farm auction to look at and bid on a tractor, while waiting for the tractor to come up for bid they sold a 1970 1/2 ton pickup for $200, and it was in nice shape. But I just sat there like a moron with my finger in my ear waiting.:)
The bargain of the day at any auction is that item that, even though you don't need it and it wasn't what you came for, but its something that if you bought would still be useful, but you sat there scratching your head wondering why no one is bidding and BOOM sold! For pennies of true value, and Dammit what just happened and why was I not bidding? And often the very next item is the most worthless piece of sh#$ that goes for ten times any noticeable value. Auctions are dumb!

TripleB

Reaction score
Went to a plant closing auction, they must of had 50 wire feed welders, they start bidding on the first one goes for like $1500. I’m thinking I’ll just wait till the end, people will be so sick of welders they’ll be giving them away. Wrong move, they kept going up in price last one sold for $3500

brownsuger

Reaction score
Went to a plant closing auction, they must of had 50 wire feed welders, they start bidding on the first one goes for like $1500. I’m thinking I’ll just wait till the end, people will be so sick of welders they’ll be giving them away. Wrong move, they kept going up in price last one sold for $3500

You just never know.... I would have done exactly what you did....

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
And the auction companies win big, collecting a premium from both the seller and the buyer.

TripleB

Reaction score
Well that was a quick no, the property owners have a 2nd offer plus will be getting a 3rd
One of the people bidding is a big money guy

sonicss31

Reaction score
The airport or Home Depot are the only reasons we go there. :p

BlowMe

Reaction score
Getting ready to go to my good friends celebration of life party for his father that passed. Then headed off to our Stl go fast boats winter warm up party 👍🤟😁😜
We are all very eager and chomping at the bit to get back on the water and fire our boats up. There are a handful of us making a trip back out to Wisconsin again this year for like 4 days. We absolutely loved it there and it is beautiful and soo different than what we are used to. Looking forward to that trip again

TripleB

Reaction score
Getting ready to go to my good friends celebration of life party for his father that passed. Then headed off to our Stl go fast boats winter warm up party 👍🤟😁😜
We are all very eager and chomping at the bit to get back on the water and fire our boats up. There are a handful of us making a trip back out to Wisconsin again this year for like 4 days. We absolutely loved it there and it is beautiful and soo different than what we are used to. Looking forward to that trip again

Where in Wisconsin ?

BlowMe

Reaction score
Where in Wisconsin ?

We are going back to 3 lakes. We went last year for the shootout. The st.louis crew ended up bringing home like 6 trophies. It was a really cool deal and we loved it. Rented a 4 bedroom house. We.are doing it all again. But they aren't doing the shootout this year for some reason but we are still gonna go and cruise the rivers

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
We are going back to 3 lakes. We went last year for the shootout. The st.louis crew ended up bringing home like 6 trophies. It was a really cool deal and we loved it. Rented a 4 bedroom house. We.are doing it all again. But they aren't doing the shootout this year for some reason but we are still gonna go and cruise the rivers
Three lakes is a beautiful area. I went to my cousins wedding down there while shoot out was going on. My mom fell in love with a few of the boats down there. Lol. I told Her I’d be lucky to afford the props. Especially on a Skater with twins. 🤬

TripleB

Reaction score
Mornin gang, last Sunday in Feb, the year is going quick

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Boat race yes. Beach no. Last time we went to the beach, we went early in the morning. One of the City workers spent a hour chasing all the homeless people out of the bushes. We had no idea that they were even in there. We enjoy Anna Maria Island and Fort Walton.

BlowMe

Reaction score
I want to go and watch the races there sometime. Bucket list material for me. It always look amazing and epic.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Mornin fellers. Balmy 19° F here in central WI. Supposed to be 45° today.

I’ll probably plow some slush off the driveway and street, see what surprises are left from underneath the snow, work in the garage a bit, and watch some NHRA drag racing if time allows.

“Two weeks” and we’ll be off Daylight Wastings Time (if you’re not saving, ya must be wasting, eh?;))

Make it a great day fellers!

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
Morning all. Spring fever is setting in today.
9C0C1AE9-8464-4974-B999-F26BA5F4CCCB.png
9C0C1AE9-8464-4974-B999-F26BA5F4CCCB.png

brownsuger

Reaction score
As usual, the local weather man was way off for today... They called for rain most of the day.... Not a cloud in the sky, sunny, and I have the doors open at my shop in February.... Doesn't happen often...

TripleB

Reaction score
Come on Bob, you can be first to launch this year:)

Blue Oval

Reaction score
I have owned that record a few times. Last year some dam fisherman beat us in.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Mornin fellers. Got some vehicular maintenance done in the garage, after putting an old TV out there with a subscription to NHRA.TV

Helped sister get stovepipe in for her chimney so she could use her new wood burner.

Back to the salt mine!

Make it a great day boys!