WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midwest Post Hor Thread

j21black

Reaction score
Frame is back from coating. He went with a chrome base and it really makes the Lollypop blue pop in direct sunlight. Pics don’t do it justice.

And HH, my feeling is finally coming back into my finger! [emoji1787]

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j21black

Reaction score
Coming along nicely. Unfortunately someone to remain unnamed forgot to order a gasket, and when you order it on a Friday with 2 day shipping it means you won’t get it until the following Friday. I will be on the road by 0400 to beat traffic so I’m going to miss that first smell of race gas. No local shops have the gasket, but I’m willing to drive 100 miles and back to get it going before I leave if I can find one in stock.

First pics of the clutch cover and foot pegs. I should have coated the entire casing, maybe I’ll do it this winter.

It was blasted by two different groups, and the first one did a shitty job so my wife was cleaning grit out of the bearings in one of the pics. We got it all out.

If I can find a gasket I should have completed pics by the 4th. It looks sick and I like the blue being off from the factory plastic blue.

Also the Boysen cover that I ordered last Thursday was 2 day shipping and tracking shows Friday delivery.

Sucks I’m going to miss his 1st race on his refurbished 19 bike.

Now I’m starting to think the wheels
Looks like shit and I may order a black set.

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

Last edited:

j21black

Reaction score
Last progress update I’ll have that I can cover first hand.

Tomorrow the new engine cover and gaskets for the cylinder should arrive. It will be fired in my absence. I’m kinda sad, I could wait but I like 4am traffic a lot better than 4pm traffic.

Have to make a stop in Bham to pick up a 5” drop B&W Hitch with 3” shank. I love this 450.

His cousin and I have him talked into letting me coat the swing arms over the winter.

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg

We will be hitting the races in style going forward.

IMG_4209.jpg

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Ok, cool.

My countdown is 28 days, and I’m currently rigging my 5-year project boat. Wife’s a bit nervous :D.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Ok, cool.

My countdown is 28 days, and I’m currently rigging my 5-year project boat. Wife’s a bit nervous :D.

I just have to show up... :D

Though I want to get a ski boat that is ours to keep up there. Everything that floats is my FIL's and is set up for fishing. I want to do some skiing and we are going to make it a point to get up there more than once a year.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I just have to show up... :D

Though I want to get a ski boat that is ours to keep up there. Everything that floats is my FIL's and is set up for fishing. I want to do some skiing and we are going to make it a point to get up there more than once a year.
Anything ever come from your trip to look at that cottage near wautoma?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Anything ever come from your trip to look at that cottage near wautoma?

We never made it up there. "We" run hot and cold about getting something in Wisco. The main issue is the place in MN, it is paid for and we can use it pretty much anytime. So it is hard to justify buying another lake cottage. Still thinking we might get a condo or townhouse somewhere closer but who knows... "We" go back and forth. :D

Headless hula

Reaction score
We never made it up there. "We" run hot and cold about getting something in Wisco. The main issue is the place in MN, it is paid for and we can use it pretty much anytime. So it is hard to justify buying another lake cottage. Still thinking we might get a condo or townhouse somewhere closer but who knows... "We" go back and forth. :D
Well, there's lots of condos in and around oshkosh and Fremont...

Mayhaps a trip to the hula hq to understand that a 2 hour trip is better than a 6 hour one. Lol...

Headless hula

Reaction score
Dunno why I dont have the option to send you a p.m.?

Was going to send you my #, and see if you were interested in coming to eaa.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
That'd be awesome, but I'll have to take a rain check this year. OSH is right after I get back from the lake.

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Took the RIB to Burt Lake today. It is a chain of lake north of Petoskey. The have little hydra plain boat races thru the rivers and lakes late July I believe. Cool to watch. View attachment 772324
You can get a "to go" cup at the Riverside on your right, or so I've heard. Tip O Mitt is first weekend in August I believe

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I was told years ago that the Life O Riley resort was a mafia get away back in the coalition times.

I've heard the same things, it is isolated today, let alone back in the 30's.

We always go have breakfast one morning there, it's about a 10 minute boat ride from the cabin.

j21black

Reaction score
Just in case nobody ever told you this, you are a good dad. :)

Well his "Poppy" did most of the heavy lifting on this project. I would guess we both probably spent an equal amount on parts the past couple of weeks to get it ready.

I had planned to just paint the frame to start, and tear it back down over the winter and powder coat it. I called a guy on my way up and he said he could get it done within a 2 day period so I went ahead and had it coated.

j21black

Reaction score
Here are some additional build pics along with some of the completed project.

IMG_4205.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

And yesterday I hooked up to a horse trailer and took Sissy to get her new horse. Her Registered name is “Southern Dancer” and has an abbreviation GB of GX, (something like that) in front of the name.

Pretty cool to say our new horse is a great grand kid to Secretariat.

F2838C80-3BCD-45FF-A50F-909B289860E9.jpg

03EE49DC-1CF2-48BA-8FE1-8DEFAA22DDD3.jpg

We also brought my brother’s lab home with us. She turned a year old yesterday and needed a new place to live. She seems quite content in her new surroundings. It wasn’t fun teaching her the shock collar fence line but she learned it quick. That’s her on top of the cooler.

IMG_4329.jpg

And when we got home with the horse yesterday they both were waiting patently for us to get the gate unlocked and up the drive.

IMG_4323.jpg

Blue Oval

Reaction score
Ok, that was a post from my FB. My buddy Craig is Gone Agian. Lol. I know, don’t quit your day job.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Just sent a text asking the neighbor lady if she'd be ok with me trimming these branches back....

20190716_132132.jpg

Told her I'd get rid of all the mess...

They're blocking the view of the lake from my bedroom.

#lakehouseproblems

:p:p:p

j21black

Reaction score
First race in the books since the bike rebuild.

He should get faster as he gets used to this bike.

This was a SuperCross style track and he spends most of his time on a Motocross type track.

1st time he has been on that type of track.

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I see a tornado touched down not to far from there.

You should take a drive down here tomorrow. Blue Angels are here and Union Pacific is bringing up the Big Boy today.

Hadn't heard about the tornado, bad thunderstorm on Wednesday though, it was impressive.

We thought about it, but tomorrow is the last day at the lake and the weather is supposed to be perfect. I'm staying right here... :D

We flew up and are headed back on Sunday, I'll wave as we pass by Duluth!

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
Hadn't heard about the tornado, bad thunderstorm on Wednesday though, it was impressive.

We thought about it, but tomorrow is the last day at the lake and the weather is supposed to be perfect. I'm staying right here... :D

We flew up and are headed back on Sunday, I'll wave as we pass by Duluth!
Can’t say I blame ya. :D Enjoy your last day!:cool:

Andy B.

Reaction score
In Saginaw
Michigan sitting out by my in-laws pool beautiful out and still light out!!

Attachments

• P_20190719_212053_LL.jpg
    P_20190719_212053_LL.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 166