WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midwest Post Hor Thread

Wolskis

Reaction score
And I'm thinking about moving back to WI. What's wrong with me?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
We have a Midwest section here now, hula needs to move this thread down there...

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
You guys must not live right over there in Wautoma. You’re always colder there than up on the prairie to the west by me. Only -16 here.

3E1B0B4B-41D3-443E-88F7-B9836ADC254D.jpeg

The good thing is, no lines!🤪

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
@Fun Times
Any chance of moving this thread to the newly created spot?

Most of us dont care to read about what pool builder to use or where to get the "blood of christ" sauce for a burrito. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
@Fun Times
Any chance of moving this thread to the newly created spot?

Most of us don't care to read about what pool builder to use or where to get the "blood of christ" sauce for a burrito. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Okay, I gave this thread the move from the lounge to here and gave TripleB (the OP) a quick message alert that it's down here now...Just hope this thread doesn't lose it's traction not being in the lounge...Tough choices here.:eek: Keep it going guys and gals. :)

Headless hula

Reaction score
Okay, I gave this thread the move from the lounge to here and gave TripleB (the OP) a quick message alert that it's down here now...Just hope this thread doesn't lose it's traction not being in the lounge...Tough choices here.:eek: Keep it going guys and gals. :)
I like how it pulled some Illinois folks out to post some pics. @jb600 is way up near Duluth, so I wont hold it against him if he doesnt post any boat pics tillJune. 🤣🤣🤣

Hopefully these guys will keep 'er comin with content. Otherwise, I'll do what I can. 😎

RD was reluctant to create the separate section as he figures it'll fizzle. It wasn't my idea to do this, but as midwest chapter president, I have to honor my constituents requests. 🤓

jb600

Highly unusual
Reaction score
Thanks to RD for the chance. Again I’ll try to get some of my outdoor adventures in before boating season starts. Spring time up here is muddy good time on the wheelers and I can’t wait. 🤟

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
I like how it pulled some Illinois folks out to post some pics. @jb600 is way up near Duluth, so I wont hold it against him if he doesnt post any boat pics tillJune. 🤣🤣🤣

Hopefully these guys will keep 'er comin with content. Otherwise, I'll do what I can. 😎

RD was reluctant to create the separate section as he figures it'll fizzle. It wasn't my idea to do this, but as midwest chapter president, I have to honor my constituents requests. 🤓
President? I foresee a coup:p

snowhammer

Reaction score
How is the travel? Is it more relaxed at the airport and customs than it was immediately after Dorian? Asking for a friend

BlowMe

Reaction score
Concrete day today. Gonna be pouring 80 plus yards for my cell phone tower foundation since we couldnt yesterday but still worker 11 hours in -15

TripleB

Reaction score
How is the travel? Is it more relaxed at the airport and customs than it was immediately after Dorian? Asking for a friend

Marsh Harbour airport just last week has power and customs, which makes the trip better than having to clear customs in Nassau, plus America airlines just started flights to Marsh on Feb 13th. As far as being more relaxed, I’d say yes, most of the people are home owners so they clear pretty fast.
Marsh Harbour is at least a year away from even being a functioning city and probably 3-5 years until it’s cleaned up and “ normal”

Elbow Cay has been doing a great job on clean up, fixing and rebuilding are coming very slow due to the lack of housing for trades people

For a vacation destination, I’d wait a year on Abaco

snowhammer

Reaction score
Concrete day today. Gonna be pouring 80 plus yards for my cell phone tower foundation since we couldnt yesterday but still worker 11 hours in -15
Did you cover it with blankets or use ground heaters?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

So does this mean illegal aliens like me will be kicked out of this section?😟🥺
I was going to ask a question about infrared electric heaters if any of you folks in cold country use them. Trying to figure out how to warm up my garage.🥶

Blue Oval

Reaction score
That seemed to be a big deal 10 to 15 years ago.. We have forced air furnaces at the shop. Not sure how economical it is.

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
Radiant heat is the way to go. I’ve had this in my farm shop since the early 80s and love it. Heats the concrete and even on the coldest days when a door is opened to bring equipment in, you can’t hardly tell the door had been opened a minute after it gets closed.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Radiant heat is the way to go. I’ve had this in my farm shop since the early 80s and love it. Heats the concrete and even on the coldest days when a door is opened to bring equipment in, you can’t hardly tell the door had been opened a minute after it gets closed.
Pardon my ignorance, but by radiant heat do you mean the electric tubes kind a like a warming lamp in a fast food restaurant? I’m not even sure the correct terminology I know when I run up into the Northwest every week some of the places have what look like electric red heating tubes which I thought were considered to be infrared or maybe that’s radiant I’m not sure.
CB200581-0DC6-425E-87FC-49E2422180EE.jpeg

this is a picture of the corner I took it just to get the phone number, the unit itself is about the size of a 4 foot fluorescent lamp. It seem to throw off a decent amount of heat in a fairly cold climate.

I appreciate any ideas you can give me I currently use propane which does ok it’s just a pain in the ass getting the bottles refilled and my dogs wouldn’t hit the burner with their tails and blow the flame out.😱

Tractorsdontfloat

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but by radiant heat do you mean the electric tubes kind a like a warming lamp in a fast food restaurant? I’m not even sure the correct terminology I know when I run up into the Northwest every week some of the places have what look like electric red heating tubes which I thought were considered to be infrared or maybe that’s radiant I’m not sure.
View attachment 845305
this is a picture of the corner I took it just to get the phone number, the unit itself is about the size of a 4 foot fluorescent lamp. It seem to throw off a decent amount of heat in a fairly cold climate.

I appreciate any ideas you can give me I currently use propane which does ok it’s just a pain in the ass getting the bottles refilled and my dogs wouldn’t hit the burner with their tails and blow the flame out.😱
Sorry, I didn’t explain myself very well. They sometimes are called Lp tube heaters. Basically a burner on one end, a heat tube and a reflective pan above to direct heat to the floor.
7AFF7AE4-8EC2-4ADF-B0EE-F240FD7582A8.jpeg

this is the kind I’m referring to.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Travel day today spilling into tomorrow.

Gotta haul poptart to the airport in mesa for her return trip to the frozen tundra around 3pm, then kill some time while I wait to catch my ride to miami at 1220a.m.