WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Miele Coffee maker- why $$$?

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I'll start with: I don't drink coffee.
A house my crews are remodeling was just recently updated before the sale to my clients. There was a new coffee machine built into the "morning bar" in their master suite that was on the list to demo. I grabbed all the Sub-Sero bar fridges, ice makers and fridge/freezer drawers and the coffee maker is on my pile...... I just looked it up and it's a $4,500+ coffee maker. Do these things give a happy ending with each cup or ?

Warning: This could strategically turn into a 2FF style LAM for sale add.

2021-10-19 09.25.27.jpg

2021-10-19 09.23.44.jpg

BingerFang

Reaction score
1 year worth of Starbucks for most families that go there.

gottaminute?

Reaction score
A house my crews are remodeling was just recently updated before the sale to my clients. There was a new coffee machine built into the "morning bar" in their master suite that was on the list to demo. I grabbed all the Sub-Sero bar fridges, ice makers and fridge/freezer drawers and the coffee maker is on my pile...... I just looked it up and it's a $4,500+ coffee maker. Do these things give a happy ending with each cup or ?

View attachment 1061396
View attachment 1061408
i "Inherited a brand new one of these" . it is still sitting in my storage. just as crazy.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
A regular pressurized espresso machine is $$$ so not surprising a totally automated version costs so much....

Personally a Moka Pot or Aero Press works for me. but a real cup of espresso is pretty damn good if you are into it.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The cheapest new SAECO/phillips is a grand.

These they actually make real pressure and every cup is individually ground.

The "puck" units dont compare.

This is a resturant quality machine and if I had room for it Id probably haggle a deal.

They didnt used to cost so much but they were never cheap. I had a buddy pay 2700 5 years ago.

The very cheapest stand alone machine like this is now 1100.

My older SAECO cost 1500.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
I stopped reading at 'morning bar'. :p
Better have good water quality or use di or distilled since I believe they will go to shit just like the 200 bux ones in a few years. 🤔

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Miele makes the best dishwasher and it's way less than that thing

calkid

Reaction score
The wife had to have one of their vacuum cleaners, supposed to be the bomb. Two motors but nothing really special for $500. Had it about a year and was in the shop three times, never did work as good as the last one did. I was at costco one day and saw a WindTunnel vacuum for about a hundred bucks. I bought it, went home and threw the Miele in the trash. Have had the new one for about three years and works great.