WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mike Finnegan’s new 21 Daytona!!

toto

Reaction score
Your a little off on that price....
I maybe a little low on the numbers these days - this was about 2 years ago and I was right under 120k with no stereo, standard gel etc.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I saw on his instagram he was looking for an upholstery shop for a set of buckets and bench... I was thinking "where is he gonna put a bench in that game over boat?"

now it all makes sense...

toto

Reaction score
Try around 170 with a Mercury 400 they are calling it the entry level boat for Elimnator lol
It is amazing and I guess that answers everyone's question. Not Bashing Eliminator by any means as I have had 5 Eliminator's and currently have a 25 but they are getting to much money on their other builds and put a if you really want it price on the 21's or 22's. I want my interior redone on the 25 and went to Eliminator 5 months ago and was floored on the price. All I wanted was it stay original 03 style and all the wood / seats are perfect they just have a discoloration as the Vinyl they used in 03 had a couple funky batches and they did the well if you want it price. The Economy is on fire and Capitalize while you can because we know we're it is going. Just my 02

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
The trailer spent the night here on it's way to Eliminator in CA. One of my friends brought it to Parker, another dropped it at Eliminator the next morning.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
It is amazing and I guess that answers everyone's question. Not Bashing Eliminator by any means as I have had 5 Eliminator's and currently have a 25 but they are getting to much money on their other builds and put a if you really want it price on the 21's or 22's. I want my interior redone on the 25 and went to Eliminator 5 months ago and was floored on the price. All I wanted was it stay original 03 style and all the wood / seats are perfect they just have a discoloration as the Vinyl they used in 03 had a couple funky batches and they did the well if you want it price. The Economy is on fire and Capitalize while you can because we know we're it is going. Just my 02
When my buddy called he was thinking maybe 80k he asked again just to make sure he heard them right you can pick up a used one in great shape for a lot cheaper

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
To be clear there has been no pricing available for a 21’ build for some time now. If you are interested in building a 21’ Daytona Jet or Outboard don’t believe what you read on the internet...... Give me a call and get on the list for more information as we iron out the details.

Chris
503-799-4706

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
To be clear there has been no pricing available for a 21’ build for some time now. If you are interested in building a 21’ Daytona Jet or Outboard don’t believe what you read on the internet...... Give me a call and get on the list for more information as we iron out the details.

Chris
503-799-4706

Do you work for Elimnator?

Duramax

Reaction score
I can’t believe they aren’t selling these 21’s by the boat load with an outboard on them!
I absolutely love our 21 with twins. I am having a windshield done that is 3" higher and we dropped the seats 1" to sit more "inside" the boat. It rides amazing in the slop, little tail heavy with twins, but it's an animal. My wife and daughter love it. Don't see any with twins these days which makes the cool factor even more.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
The trailer spent the night here on it's way to Eliminator in CA. One of my friends brought it to Parker, another dropped it at Eliminator the next morning.

There's a long list of folks I need to thank for making this happen including yourself and your friends for getting the trailer moved. And here's some answers to everyones questions:
Riverdave connected me with Jake at Eliminator last year because i wanted a fast family boat that i could do some drag racing with and so I bought a bare 21' Daytona hull, taking delivery last week. Eliminator and specifically Gelcoater (Larry) and Jose went above and beyond on the gel and lamination. For a hand-laminated hull, its remarkably clean inside and I wouldn't change a thing. I have yet to weigh it myself but after Jeff Bennett installed the MPD low-profile jet drive intake into the bottom and then blueprinted the keel, the Eliminator crew scaled it at 600 lbs. The weigh is really good considering there's no exotic materials here-no carbon fiber, no kevlar etc. If the Kokopelli trailer looks unfinished that's because it is; in order to accommodate my schedule the trailer was quickly put together and I'll finish it at home. I towed it 2100-plus miles with zero issues. It rides on 205/50/10 DOT golf cart tires with torsion axles. Eventually, when i find the right size enclosed trailer, it will ride inside of that instead of being out in the elements. The boat will have a jet drive built to handle 2000ish horsepower. I'll show you all the powerplant once its mocked up inside the boat. The rigging will happen in my home garage with videos to follow on my YouTube channel, Finnegan's Garage. I'd be glad to answer any other questions you guys have. thanks for the interest in the project.

Apex svt

Reaction score
Hell yeah, looking forward to following this. Going to be cool.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Do you work for Elimnator?

IMG_5388.JPG

toto

Reaction score
There's a long list of folks I need to thank for making this happen including yourself and your friends for getting the trailer moved. And here's some answers to everyones questions:
Riverdave connected me with Jake at Eliminator last year because i wanted a fast family boat that i could do some drag racing with and so I bought a bare 21' Daytona hull, taking delivery last week. Eliminator and specifically Gelcoater (Larry) and Jose went above and beyond on the gel and lamination. For a hand-laminated hull, its remarkably clean inside and I wouldn't change a thing. I have yet to weigh it myself but after Jeff Bennett installed the MPD low-profile jet drive intake into the bottom and then blueprinted the keel, the Eliminator crew scaled it at 600 lbs. The weigh is really good considering there's no exotic materials here-no carbon fiber, no kevlar etc. If the Kokopelli trailer looks unfinished that's because it is; in order to accommodate my schedule the trailer was quickly put together and I'll finish it at home. I towed it 2100-plus miles with zero issues. It rides on 205/50/10 DOT golf cart tires with torsion axles. Eventually, when i find the right size enclosed trailer, it will ride inside of that instead of being out in the elements. The boat will have a jet drive built to handle 2000ish horsepower. I'll show you all the powerplant once its mocked up inside the boat. The rigging will happen in my home garage with videos to follow on my YouTube channel, Finnegan's Garage. I'd be glad to answer any other questions you guys have. thanks for the interest in the project.
Looks amazing Mike and can't wait to see this build especially after the Placecraft

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
@cyclone Strong work Mike!

What does this mean in regards to 4th of July between BR and LL this year? Boat less or will the 21 be ready that quickly?

Looking forward to watching this project come together and maybe picking up some ideas/inspiration/motivation for my project

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
@cyclone Strong work Mike!

What does this mean in regards to 4th of July between BR and LL this year? Boat less or will the 21 be ready that quickly?

Looking forward to watching this project come together and maybe picking up some ideas/inspiration/motivation for my project
we'll be there either with the 21 or the placecraft. hell, if i can find the right trailer i'll bring both of them with me. been waiting for this river trip to happen for years. lol.

BingerFang

Reaction score
we'll be there either with the 21 or the placecraft. hell, if i can find the right trailer i'll bring both of them with me. been waiting for this river trip to happen for years. lol.

make sure you get a trailer that has room for the standups as well! BR is back open 😜🤟🏻

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Awesome. Watching the new episode of Faster With Finnegan as I type this. Lol.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
A lot of us have been waiting for a look at the Placecraft, or the Daytona! I’ll be a LL Fourth of July for sure!

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

Hell yeah!

Fly me out, I'll drive something back lol

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that white ultra / 21’ cruiser looking boat that was in the garage in a few of your videos? Long gone?

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
If you are interested in having Eliminator build you a 21’ Daytona give me a call.

503-799-4706

Don’t you have a Howard 288? Are you related to Bob Leach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
The 21 lavecraft belonged to the parents. They sold it a few years ago.

Did it stay back east? I could swear I saw it at LL last season or the season before. Had a jet ski bunk on the front of the trailer right?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think when you get into the 120K for a basic build most of the average people go a different direction

You can get a brand new Maxed Out Marine / 21 FC with a 300 for 85...

To my knowledge they haven’t been quoting pricing on the 21’s.. but they may be a little more interested in building some 21’s coming up.. I wouldn’t expect the pricing to be out of line..

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When it isn't filthy from the 2000 mile road trip, and when I"m home to unwrap and film it, and when the video is ready...patience, grasshoppa, patience. Ol RD kinda jumped the gun by posting this thread. :)

lol. Someone texted the IG pics to me! I figured you were putting it out there..

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When it isn't filthy from the 2000 mile road trip, and when I"m home to unwrap and film it, and when the video is ready...patience, grasshoppa, patience. Ol RD kinda jumped the gun by posting this thread. :)

If ya ain't first, you're last! 😁

Xring01

Reaction score
That is the point. They would rather put in 10% more labor and build a $300K speedster they make way more margin on.
Yes, agreed. But margin is relative to volume.
If they have a backlog big enough, then they will chase the highest margin they can get.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If they have a backlog big enough, then they will chase the highest margin they can get.

Yep.
They have all the volume they need right now which is why the small stuff is so expensive from the "big brands" these days.

A small hull bought bare is probably fairly reasonable, as that is where most of the difference is in labor and materials is between a 21 and a 27+ foot boat, aside from the power plant(s) which are basically the same cost to rig in either boat if single engine.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

They have a 2 year waiting list on fundecks last i heard....They have more work than needed so you raise the price likeHoward has done on there deck for years.

Duramax

Reaction score
IMG_2938.PNG

"fast family boat" Can't wait for your build Cyclone, great job.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Yep.
They have all the volume they need right now which is why the small stuff is so expensive from the "big brands" these days.

A small hull bought bare is probably fairly reasonable, as that is where most of the difference is in labor and materials is between a 21 and a 27+ foot boat, aside from the power plant(s) which are basically the same cost to rig in either boat if single engine.

I’ve been quoted a bare hull 21’. Let’s just say they command a stout price with a single color. The price didn’t scare me away yet but it wasn’t hard to understand why a full build is well north of $125k +.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve been quoted a bare hull 21’. Let’s just say they command a stout price with a single color. The price didn’t scare me away yet but it wasn’t hard to understand why a full build is well north of $125k +.
Time and material is time and materials I suppose. Wonder what a larger speedster hull bare would be? Probably astronomical to support a $300k sales price.

After the hull, any "custom" single engine boat is about the same labor to produce. Think of a single engine 27 vs a single engine 21. Yea the 27 is more effort to rig and build, but not a lot more. Much of the work done and materials are identical after the hull is built.

And when you jack up the prices of your top line models, it drags up the prices of ALL the other boats models in your lineup.

A MOM 21 cruiser is $85... Slap and Eliminator sticker on it, it would be $140.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Time and material is time and materials I suppose. Wonder what a larger speedster hull bare would be? Probably astronomical to support a $300k sales price.

After the hull, any "custom" single engine boat is about the same labor to produce. Think of a single engine 27 vs a single engine 21. Yea the 27 is more effort to rig and build, but not a lot more. Much of the work done and materials are identical after the hull is built.

And when you jack up the prices of your top line models, it drags up the prices of ALL the other boats models in your lineup.

A MOM 21 cruiser is $85... Slap and Eliminator sticker on it, it would be $140.

So if a 21 Daytona with a 300r was under 100k would you order one? [emoji2375]