WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mike Finnegan’s new 21 Daytona!!

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
So if a 21 Daytona with a 300r was under 100k would you order one? [emoji2375]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wanna chime in here and would like your opinion why don’t you guys offer this around 65-75k that’s what new shockwave 22 deck sells for I believe it seems like you would sell them like hot cakes I just think people wanna only spend so much on such a small boat that’s just my 2 cent

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I wanna chime in here and would like your opinion why don’t you guys offer this around 65-75k that’s what new shockwave 22 deck sells for I believe it seems like you would sell them like hot cakes I just think people wanna only spend so much on such a small boat that’s just my 2 cent

I have never priced a shockwave so I did some research and there aren’t many late model examples.

I did find a 2020 with a small block for $92k

To compare the two is not a true comparison as they are totally different styles of boats. A shockwave typically sells for less than an Eliminator for a comparable boat.

Having said that I do totally understand where you are coming from as far as the price of boats currently. Build costs are up to the point that it becomes very difficult to get a boat built for less money.

We at Eliminator are discussing ways to bring the 21’ back and make it a reasonably affordable option for those who are interested in building one.
IMG_5394.jpg

attitude

Reaction score
I wish Eliminator didn’t get rid of the 22, one of those with a 300 or 400 would be a perfect starter Eliminator now that OBs are in style. I talked to the owner of the 400 OB one last year and he was just under 100mph, I wonder if he got it dialed in after the jack plate?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I wish Eliminator didn’t get rid of the 22, one of those with a 300 or 400 would be a perfect starter Eliminator now that OBs are in style. I talked to the owner of the 400 OB one last year and he was just under 100mph, I wonder if he got it dialed in after the jack plate?
I believe they got it up to 103 not sure though don’t quote me

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
In 2003 in ordered a custom 6 color gel 22 w/496HO for low 70’s - man I wish I still had it !!

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Could you do a twin 300 one?

We would not be able to build one with twin 300’s. However we could build you a hull with interior and tanks that you could rig and build yourself. However I wouldn’t recommend twin 300’s due to the weight.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
We would not be able to build one with twin 300’s. However we could build you a hull with interior and tanks that you could rig and build yourself. However I wouldn’t recommend twin 300’s due to the weight.

What about twin 250r Mercury’s sorry for the question my buddy is out of town and wants some info 😂

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
What about twin 250r Mercury’s sorry for the question my buddy is out of town and wants some info [emoji23]

I totally get that! Do me a favor and send me an email so I can present the idea to Jake. He is traveling to Havasu currently.

[email protected]

copterzach

Reaction score
What’s the 21’ Liberator cost with a 300?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

You’re not building a Shockwave with any sort of decent performance for less than $100k.

I just went through this with my buddy. He was well north of that price.

What Eliminator is doing is in line with the industry right now. I don’t blame them one bit and may make the commitment here shortly. I miss my 21’ and want to build another.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

MeCasa16

Reaction score
KMG has the 22 mold and his phantom is bad ass.. Talk to him if you want a 22. The 21 would sink with twin 300r’s. My 21 with the 300 pro max was awfully heavy in the back. I had to put rubber stops in the pin cleat holes to keep so much water from running into it.
The 250’s weigh almost the same as the 300r.

blue wonder

Reaction score
KMG has the 22 mold and his phantom is bad ass.. Talk to him if you want a 22. The 21 would sink with twin 300r’s. My 21 with the 300 pro max was awfully heavy in the back. I had to put rubber stops in the pin cleat holes to keep so much water from running into it.
The 250’s weigh almost the same as the 300r.
KMG has the DCB Mach 22 molds, not the 22 eliminator molds and don’t even think about hanging 2 300R’s off the back of one of those, we tried 2 300XS’s on mine which way less than the 300R and it was a disaster!!!...WAY too much weight, they like the 2.5’s period

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What about twin 250r Mercury’s sorry for the question my buddy is out of town and wants some info 😂
There is no physical difference between the 250r and 300r. All the V8 N/A engines weigh the same. Just some slight tuning differences really.
They don’t have the 22 anymore.

I don’t think there’s a difference in weight between the 2?
Do we know who ended up with the 22 molds? I REALLY hope they didnt cut them up with the 25 classic deck mold and send them to the dump as well.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
There is no physical difference between the 250r and 300r. All the V8 N/A engines weigh the same. Just some slight tuning differences really.

Do we know who ended up with the 22 molds? I REALLY hope they didnt cut them up with the 25 classic deck mold and send them to the dump as well.
Pretty sure they were sold to Essex?

Duramax

Reaction score
Could you do a twin 300 one?
The blue boat I posted on page 2 is a 21 with twin 2.5 offshores. They didn't make many, but I love ours. Yes it's a little heavy in the rear, but it runs amazing with nuetral trim and in slop. The only thing I hate is fuel mileage. I'm also not a big fan of sitting on the stringers either, the seats balance on them, but we are fixing that. Look at the Liberator, they have no stringers and mount the seats directly to the tunnel. My whole goal is to sit more inside the boat.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
in a roundabout way this new video is related to the new boat build; It's the first video in a series about road tripping from GA to CA and back to pick up the boat. At the end of the trip I'll have a video of removing the shrink wrap off the boat and revealing it.

wzuber

Reaction score
It is amazing and I guess that answers everyone's question. Not Bashing Eliminator by any means as I have had 5 Eliminator's and currently have a 25 but they are getting to much money on their other builds and put a if you really want it price on the 21's or 22's. I want my interior redone on the 25 and went to Eliminator 5 months ago and was floored on the price. All I wanted was it stay original 03 style and all the wood / seats are perfect they just have a discoloration as the Vinyl they used in 03 had a couple funky batches and they did the well if you want it price. The Economy is on fire and Capitalize while you can because we know we're it is going. Just my 02

This, I sent them picks of a 21 daycruiser to inquire about 2 new stringers, transom, color sand and buff...........Kenny left me a voice mail, his price......$30K......I shit you knot. Kenny called me again 3 days ago and started in as though he had never given me a price, I just let him talk, then reminded him he already quoted me etc. He said they are buried with ins. repairs, resto's etc. as well as new builds. I told him I had talked to a couple other people such as Joel and Blas and their quotes, his response was interesting/humorous and respectful of the others. We talked for a bit and I thanked him for his time and went about my day. Capitalism.....clearly, I'm not their target customer. lol I guess it's good to be eliminator these days. Someday here I would like to stop by and see their facility and operations and see the quality of their refresh work.
Labor.......it's very, very expensive. I wasn't aware they use union labor there.....(joking)

toto

Reaction score
This, I sent them picks of a 21 daycruiser to inquire about 2 new stringers, transom, color sand and buff...........Kenny left me a voice mail, his price......$30K......I shit you knot. Kenny called me again 3 days ago and started in as though he had never given me a price, I just let him talk, then reminded him he already quoted me etc. He said they are buried with ins. repairs, resto's etc. as well as new builds. I told him I had talked to a couple other people such as Joel and Blas and their quotes, his response was interesting/humorous and respectful of the others. We talked for a bit and I thanked him for his time and went about my day. Capitalism.....clearly, I'm not their target customer. lol I guess it's good to be eliminator these days. Someday here I would like to stop by and see their facility and operations and see the quality of their refresh work.
Labor.......it's very, very expensive. I wasn't aware they use union labor there.....(joking)
That is about how it went with me as well and I was wondering if one hand was talking to the other. I don't think your price was to bad because that's what they wanted for just redoing my interior with using the original design and original wood. LOL. You were getting a lot more work than I was. Like you said it must be nice to be Eliminator these days.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
in a roundabout way this new video is related to the new boat build; It's the first video in a series about road tripping from GA to CA and back to pick up the boat. At the end of the trip I'll have a video of removing the shrink wrap off the boat and revealing it.

On the Rogers
“Does it run good?”
“It did run good.”

😆😂

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
The THING!

LOL... Living in AZ and driving I-10 all the time I saw those bill boards.