WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mike Finnegan’s new 21 Daytona!!

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
in a roundabout way this new video is related to the new boat build; It's the first video in a series about road tripping from GA to CA and back to pick up the boat. At the end of the trip I'll have a video of removing the shrink wrap off the boat and revealing it.

That's cool Chris's hydro made the movie.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
part 3....
Just watched it today with my dad. I was hoping an unveiling was going to be included but the tri-5 wrecking yard was pretty legit.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Finnegan and Freiburger have made a major impact influencing collectors on cars that they would have never considered cool again or even on the radar of building. I have my fingers crossed that this build and his YouTube audience could make small boats cool again, for me personally Im tired of the big boats on the lake, let's bring back 22' and under boating. SBM "Small Boats Matter" I built this family boat last year and I have never seen my kids smile and laugh as much as they have with this boat:
CD745400-0036-4742-B14F-BB81449CE610.JPG

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
The last vid was cool. It always amazes me when ya see a yard of cars like the tri fives just rotting away. And usually the owner won’t sell. Nice to see this guy was open to let some things go. Great trip You guys had. I’m heading to Florida from SOCAL today to pick up my new to me, 23 Daytona. Picking up a buddy in Phoenix and red eyeing it !!!

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The last vid was cool. It always amazes me when ya see a yard of cars like the tri fives just rotting away. And usually the owner won’t sell. Nice to see this guy was open to let some things go. Great trip You guys had. I’m heading to Florida from SOCAL today to pick up my new to me, 23 Daytona. Picking up a buddy in Phoenix and red eyeing it !!!

Start a new thread about your trip!

69hondo

Reaction score
Finnegan and Freiburger have made a major impact influencing collectors on cars that they would have never considered cool again or even on the radar of building. I have my fingers crossed that this build and his YouTube audience could make small boats cool again, for me personally Im tired of the big boats on the lake, let's bring back 22' and under boating. SBM "Small Boats Matter" I built this family boat last year and I have never seen my kids smile and laugh as much as they have with this boat:
View attachment 996220

Nothing like a nice flatty. Good job!

Duramax

Reaction score
Good luck bud! Yes, take pics. I am a fan of the 23's as most were built in my hometown of Shawano, in my dads old Chevrolet dealership.

We picked up our 21 in Texas, but it was literally 30min away from Louisiana, so it was a hell of a trip. Damn near ran out of fuel between Stockton and Van Horn as a couple diesel pumps were out and I got lazy. Pulled into a bad movie looking Chevron that had diesel and filled up with about 2 gallons to spare. Went inside to grab a Redbull and the clerk was sleeping, lol. Didn't want to wake him so I left 3$ for him. My wife says I am too desensitized as I thought it was funny. I traveled the country racing MX for years so maybe that did it.

Can't wait for your build Cyclone. Let's bring the value of 21's up =) It's crazy the offers I get.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
part 3....

@cyclone

Mike,
I live in Midland and I know exactly where that yard is. I drive by it everytime I go home to Oklahoma for holidays and long weekends. I’ve always wanted to stop and check it out. Thanks for the YouTube access man! Looking forward to seeing the results of another Finnegan’s or Newborn’s?? garage build! Hell I’m just looking forward to more of your content! Keep up the good work sir!

Last edited:

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Did you find that kindsvater in Orland Ca?

I found it here in Southern California. But I have heard many possible stories of where is it was before. The original invoice I have was ordered from the mid-west for a total of 4 boats.

Motts999

Reaction score
I just watched the video Mike uploaded to youtube this morning where he unwraps the new Eliminator. I am very excited for the build and i've been checking this thread almost everyday lol. Does anybody know if there are pictures from building this boat that may be put in the New Builds From the Mold section? It would be cool to see everything from start to finish especially knowing Mike is going to make videos for the rest of the build!

HCP3

Reaction score
I just watched the video Mike uploaded to youtube this morning where he unwraps the new Eliminator. I am very excited for the build and i've been checking this thread almost everyday lol. Does anybody know if there are pictures from building this boat that may be put in the New Builds From the Mold section? It would be cool to see everything from start to finish especially knowing Mike is going to make videos for the rest of the build!

It has been over a year since @Eliminator Boats has participated in the Mold forum. Unfortunately.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
It has been over a year since @Eliminator Boats has participated in the Mold forum. Unfortunately.

I think that based on who the boat was built for and the fact that he has a show that he airs for a living Eliminator will let Mike show the build process if he chooses to. That’s just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score

jesco

Reaction score
WOW!!!! That turned out BADASS!!!! Cant wait to see it all rigged and in the water

Duramax

Reaction score
Beautiful 21! I am in the process of having a bigger windshield built (same shape just taller) and notching the stringers to sit lower. It's going to be a fun build to watch! Too bad it's jet...=)

707dog

Reaction score
No, but I sponsor that boat. The owner is a good friend and one of my river neighbors.
nice... my buddy runs the 757 boat helped out pits met a lot of cool people.

McKay

Reaction score
View attachment 996220

How did the bottom mold work on this boat? Two piece or it slid out the front somehow?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score

Congrats on getting her home Safe. Absolutely beautiful boat. I know how it feels. I just red eyed with a buddy from the west coast to Florida this past week To pick up a 23 Daytona. We left on Tuesday, and got back Saturday. Close to 5000mi. Yea buddy !

mbrown2

Reaction score
Wow...the colors are just amazing. Boat looks super clean!

cyclone

Reaction score
That sounds great! i'd love to see photos of it.
Beautiful 21! I am in the process of having a bigger windshield built (same shape just taller) and notching the stringers to sit lower. It's going to be a fun build to watch! Too bad it's jet...=)

cyclone

Reaction score
Congrats on getting her home Safe. Absolutely beautiful boat. I know how it feels. I just red eyed with a buddy from the west coast to Florida this past week To pick up a 23 Daytona. We left on Tuesday, and got back Saturday. Close to 5000mi. Yea buddy !
that's quite a trip! lets see some pics of the new float.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Mike, what’s the plan for power at this point?
You mentioned at one point running Game Over’s engine? But I see it’s all still together.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
that's quite a trip! lets see some pics of the new float.

I won’t muddy up your thread with my old junk. But there is a thread “ Roadtrippin for a 23 Daytona”. here. Can’t wait to see the rest of your build.

cyclone

Reaction score
Mike, what’s the plan for power at this point?
You mentioned at one point running Game Over’s engine? But I see it’s all still together.
I have something spicy for the Daytona. Decided to keep Game Over together because I didn't want to be without a fast boat this summer. The odds of me getting the Daytona together quickly are slim due to my work schedule.

BlowMe

Reaction score
I have something spicy for the Daytona. Decided to keep Game Over together because I didn't want to be without a fast boat this summer. The odds of me getting the Daytona together quickly are slim due to my work schedule.

Cant wait to see! 👍🤘